Thirty Suspected Swine Flu Cases In Phuket

george

This is such a non-issue. This will never amount to anything really serious. Between 250,000 and 500,000 people die annually,

worldwide, from the normal flu. So far, 141 people have died of the swine flu, this year. Compared to approximately 125,000

to date this year for the other flu. Which flu would you rather have? Of the 27,000 people infected to date, 141 have died. Do

the math. This is a media based hysteria. There is nothing to it. I am not concerning myself for a nanosecond over this.

I totally agree with your attitude.

So who's paying the controlled media to hype this up and get all the sheeple scared?

And why is Thai Visa bothering to make a statistic into breaking news?

Lets just have some good news - even if it's just imaginary, we'd all feel better :D

Perhaps you should educate yourself and review the potential for the current H1N1 virus to combine with the far more deadly Bird Flu virus that is more or less endemic in this region, the result of that mating would likely mirror or exceed the effects of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic that killed over 50 million. Whilst the current "bug" has a low fatality rate it its human to human transmission rate is exceptional - the bird flu virus by way of contrast has low transmission rate but its kill rate is exceptionally high. That's why the WHO and TV publish these notes so that people can understand. Got it now!

Yes i got it , , BUT what are you going to do ??? Stay home and lock all doors and use masking tape to prevent air and potential virus spread ?? Yes , we need to watch this carefull and WHO is doing that . Only the media make people scared which is crazy . The virus has spread allready as WHO stated it has reached fase 6 or global pandemic . Basically it means nowhere you go you cannot be sure you wont be infected . Weather it is Phuket Pattaya , BKK , London , Stockholm , New York or Timbuktu , it doesn't matter : it is present and potentially dangerous . Quarantine the cases involved and do a follow up and that's it . No reason to change your travelling plans because it is at home also ( for the people who don't know , USA got the most infections http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_06_12/en/index.html ) . I'm going on a holiday next week and this will not stop me , neither will an airport being closed or a money crisis and from all all 3 options mentioned , this 1 is the least worry .

no need for such extremes, but it is wise to take this problem seriously just in case ....

a sensible safeguard would be to try to avoid enclosed public places with others. so my precaution will be a strict diet of open air beer bars and breezy topless beaches. it'll be tough but it's for the best methinks :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a non-issue. This will never amount to anything really serious. Between 250,000 and 500,000 people die annually,

worldwide, from the normal flu. So far, 141 people have died of the swine flu, this year. Compared to approximately 125,000

to date this year for the other flu. Which flu would you rather have? Of the 27,000 people infected to date, 141 have died. Do

the math. This is a media based hysteria. There is nothing to it. I am not concerning myself for a nanosecond over this.

My sentiments exactly , thousands of people die every year from flu , I am sure this has been artificially

escalated to take peoples minds of the real issue of the day , that is the economic crisis .

it may be spreading but the symptoms seem to be milder than the usual flu we get in the UK. The reason people died in Mexico initially was because of poor and slow access to medical treatment.

@Padrino:

No, the reason people died is usually because of poor health due to poor nutrition, pre-existing illnesses, exposure to chemicals and/or flu related symptoms.

I totally agree with your attitude.

So who's paying the controlled media to hype this up and get all the sheeple scared?

And why is Thai Visa bothering to make a statistic into breaking news?

Lets just have some good news - even if it's just imaginary, we'd all feel better :D

Agreed! haha

Perhaps you should educate yourself and review the potential for the current H1N1 virus to combine with the far more deadly Bird Flu virus that is more or less endemic in this region, the result of that mating would likely mirror or exceed the effects of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic that killed over 50 million. Whilst the current "bug" has a low fatality rate it its human to human transmission rate is exceptional - the bird flu virus by way of contrast has low transmission rate but its kill rate is exceptionally high. That's why the WHO and TV publish these notes so that people can understand. Got it now!

@Chiang Mai:

Please stop cockily parroting the corporate media, and get educated before making another misinformed post on this topic. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

To make up for it, I'll help you get started. :)

1. A-H1N1 ("Swine Flu") has genetic material from swine flu, bird flu and regular human flu. These types of combinations don't occur in nature, it is believed by numerous scientists to have been created in a laboratory, in fact there are current ongoing investigations regarding this.

2. The "Bird Flu" is also considered to be a biological weapon. All it takes is a search for ' bird flu hoax ' on Google to get some really great info on that topic via articles and video. On YouTube start with: ' Bird Flu Hoax pt. 1 ' for a detailed presentation or to get the exact video search YouTube for: VLT0_xMeLjI

3. So many people died in 1918 not from the "Spanish Flu" but from the related symptoms, namely strep infections, and the effects of the vaccines they were pushing. There's much more to this, but find plenty of articles on this by searching Google for: ' 1918 spanish flu strep infection '. The above video series is also essential viewing on this related topic starting at around Part 4.

4. The corporate media is owned and controlled by eugenist "elite" who want to basically kill 80-95% of the world's population, and animal-based influenza scares along with the associated profit-making, lethal, paralyzing (search: 1976 swine flu vaccine paralyzation) and de-fertilizing vaccines (search: ' nigeria polio vaccine HIV sterilization ', ' UNICEF philippines vaccination b-hCH ') are just are one way to control food supply and population growth in '3rd world' countries deemed to be a threat. (search ' kissinger population reduction ' )

"Climate change" hype as a method of control is also being widely employed and these "elite" haven't been shy about this lately either. By the way these rich families (Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc) are also major funders of the World Health Organization.

Have a read through the quotes below:

“We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination… So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts… Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest.”

- Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology, lead author of many IPCC reports

“Unless we announce disasters no one will listen.”

- Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

“It doesn’t matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true.”

- Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy.”

- Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony… climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.”

- Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

“The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.”

- emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

“We require a central organizing principle - one agreed to voluntarily. Minor shifts in policy, moderate improvement in laws and regulations, rhetoric offered in lieu of genuine change - these are all forms of appeasement, designed to satisfy the public’s desire to believe that sacrifice, struggle and a wrenching transformation of society will not be necessary.”

- Al Gore, Earth in the Balance

“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsiblity to bring that about?”

- Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme

“A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States. De-development means bringing our economic system into line with the realities of ecology and the world resource situation.”

- Paul Ehrlich, Professor of Population Studies

“The only hope for the world is to make sure there is not another United States. We can’t let other countries have the same number of cars, the amount of industrialization, we have in the US. We have to stop these Third World countries right where they are.”

- Michael Oppenheimer, Environmental Defense Fund

“Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty, reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control.”

- Professor Maurice King

“Complex technology of any sort is an assault on human dignity. It would be little short of disastrous for us to discover a source of clean, cheap, abundant energy, because of what we might do with it.”

- Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute

“The prospect of cheap fusion energy is the worst thing that could happen to the planet.”

- Jeremy Rifkin, Greenhouse Crisis Foundation

“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”

- Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University

“The big threat to the planet is people: there are too many, doing too well economically and burning too much oil.”

– Sir James Lovelock, BBC Interview

“My three main goals would be to reduce human population to about 100 million worldwide, destroy the industrial infrastructure and see wilderness, with it’s full complement of species, returning throughout the world.”

-Dave Foreman, co-founder of Earth First!

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

- Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor

“… the resultant ideal sustainable population is hence more than 500 million but less than one billion.”

- Club of Rome, Goals for Mankind

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.”

- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, patron of the World Wildlife Fund

“I suspect that eradicating small pox was wrong. It played an important part in balancing ecosystems.”

- John Davis, editor of Earth First! Journal

“The extinction of the human species may not only be inevitable but a good thing.”

- Christopher Manes, Earth First!

“Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing.”

- David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

Edited by rakrak

It's been a while since I've seen this much bad, false, assumed, and generally opinionated information all in one topic. I would suggest that everybody who wants to know about the PANDEMIC that has already been declared, and acknowledged that it was declared much later than it should have been, that you stop reading this topic, except of course for the entertainment value, and actually seek out and read the CDC, WHO and UN findings and information releases regarding this topic.

But hey, that's just my suggestion.

:)

Yes, and your suggestion should be taken with a grain of salt. :D

The WHO & UN are known to be involved in population reduction experiments, and both Thailand and Mexico were listed as "threats" to US security, among others, back in 1974... Egypt was also listed, and a major food source there (pork) was recently ordered to be destroyed before there was ever one case of A-H1N1 in all of the African continent or even a case found in pigs! Coincidence? Maybe. Most likely not.

See my post above for more info.

Edited by rakrak

it may be spreading but the symptoms seem to be milder than the usual flu we get in the UK. The reason people died in Mexico initially was because of poor and slow access to medical treatment.

Mexicans brought the swine flu to the U.S. and it spread throughout the world. Mexico is a cesspool and its people easily travel back and forth to the U.S. bringing tuberculosis, cholera, veneral diseases as well as crime. Swine flu made its way to another cesspool, New York City, by U.S. students who traveled to Cancun, Mexico on Spring Break. Filth more than being poor and not having access to medical treatment is the major reason for swine flu in Mexico. Poor people do not necessarily have to be filthy. It is a choice.

I've also long thought that large numbers of the population probably already have a very mild form of the disease but it's interesting that you raise that point also - do you have any sources that lead you to that belief or is it just a supposition?

Its based on reports out of Mexico. It was massively UNDERREPORTED. Flu experts have known this from the beginning. This first wave is not what most people should be worried about. Its the later waves that are really scary and nobody knows what that will bring. I am also sure it is underreported in the US. Over 50 million people don't have health care access there, they are not going to go to the doc over a mild flu, in fact, they will WORK with it, spreading it more, same thing that is happening here.

BTW, in the US it is recommended that those with a MILD CASE do not go to the doctor, at all! Going spreads the virus and taxes the health care system. Here in Thailand, the hysterical officials are suggesting the opposite, everyone go and possibly face government isolation. That is insane. What happens when 20 million people in Thailand get the first wave virus, all going to the doctor?

This is a situation that will play out over months and YEARS. It is not like a tsunami and it is easy for the sheeple squawking people to say it was nothing, it is over, when it has really just BEGUN.

Every person in the U.S. has access to health care. Free clinics exist in any city of size - population over 10,000. Emergency rooms in hospitals are full each and every day and night. If a person says they can't pay - the hospitals are full of illegal Mexican immigrants of which the U.S. has more than 30 million. The high insurance payments for those who have it are a direct result of paying for those who say they can't pay and are given free health care. There has never been any announced government - state or federal - in the U.S. that has advised sick people not to seek medical care. Thailand did not originate the swine flu, it originated in that sewer that is Mexico. It is true that the government of Mexico does not take care of its people. The government has never given a dam_n about its people that is why they are encouraged to emigrate - slip into - the United States. We as U.S. taxpayers pay for them (tens of billions of dollars per year) and our borders remain wide open. Soon the Obama administration will grant about 20 million of them amnesty. Votes for the Democrat Party.

Mexicans brought the swine flu to the U.S. and it spread throughout the world. Mexico is a cesspool and its people easily travel back and forth to the U.S. bringing tuberculosis, cholera, veneral diseases as well as crime. Swine flu made its way to another cesspool, New York City, by U.S. students who traveled to Cancun, Mexico on Spring Break. Filth more than being poor and not having access to medical treatment is the major reason for swine flu in Mexico. Poor people do not necessarily have to be filthy. It is a choice.

Ugh... I smell ignorance.

I somehow doubt Grey11 has ever traveled Mexico -- which is beautiful, by the way (for those who don't know from experience).

Mexicans brought the swine flu to the U.S. and it spread throughout the world. Mexico is a cesspool and its people easily travel back and forth to the U.S. bringing tuberculosis, cholera, veneral diseases as well as crime. e major reason for swine flu in Mexico. Poor people do not necessarily have to be filthy. It is a choice.

Why don't you just say your a proud racist who hates Mexicans? The inclusion of "crime" .. which has nothing to do with swine flu is an obvious marker.

first watch youtube ring of power then look at who owns the news in the usa uk and then look for more crap that we are feeding on day after day. the ring of power is the key

27,000 odd cases, 144 deaths; approximately 0.5 percent

50 million cases = 250,000 dead of the current version.

1 billion cases = 500 million deaths....at current strength.

But a mutant variation with stronger effects this number rises.

1 million cases is a lot of transmission vectors to allow for mutation.

It's not the current death rate, but the Vector rate that is the worry.

Viruses DO mutate and often unpredictably. And the DO merge and recombine.

it only takes ONE host with bird and swine to combine and set this off.

Just one thought :

1918 was not imagination, nor manipulation, but IS history.

Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Who did your math for you? Better check your batteries in your calculator.

I've also long thought that large numbers of the population probably already have a very mild form of the disease but it's interesting that you raise that point also - do you have any sources that lead you to that belief or is it just a supposition?

Its based on reports out of Mexico. It was massively UNDERREPORTED. Flu experts have known this from the beginning. This first wave is not what most people should be worried about. Its the later waves that are really scary and nobody knows what that will bring. I am also sure it is underreported in the US. Over 50 million people don't have health care access there, they are not going to go to the doc over a mild flu, in fact, they will WORK with it, spreading it more, same thing that is happening here.

BTW, in the US it is recommended that those with a MILD CASE do not go to the doctor, at all! Going spreads the virus and taxes the health care system. Here in Thailand, the hysterical officials are suggesting the opposite, everyone go and possibly face government isolation. That is insane. What happens when 20 million people in Thailand get the first wave virus, all going to the doctor?

This is a situation that will play out over months and YEARS. It is not like a tsunami and it is easy for the sheeple squawking people to say it was nothing, it is over, when it has really just BEGUN.

Every person in the U.S. has access to health care. Free clinics exist in any city of size - population over 10,000. Emergency rooms in hospitals are full each and every day and night. If a person says they can't pay - the hospitals are full of illegal Mexican immigrants of which the U.S. has more than 30 million. The high insurance payments for those who have it are a direct result of paying for those who say they can't pay and are given free health care. There has never been any announced government - state or federal - in the U.S. that has advised sick people not to seek medical care. Thailand did not originate the swine flu, it originated in that sewer that is Mexico. It is true that the government of Mexico does not take care of its people. The government has never given a dam_n about its people that is why they are encouraged to emigrate - slip into - the United States. We as U.S. taxpayers pay for them (tens of billions of dollars per year) and our borders remain wide open. Soon the Obama administration will grant about 20 million of them amnesty. Votes for the Democrat Party.

You sir, are a racist, only grey people allowed in??

Grey11 wears his colors proudly redneck racist

Your not kidding!! Wow! I bet Grey11 still thinks Bush was an OK president.

Grey11, thank you for reminding me why I dislike Texans so much, and why I left the states and it's often xenophobic caveman mentality.

I somehow doubt Grey11 has ever traveled Mexico -- which is beautiful, by the way (for those who don't know from experience).

get educated before making another misinformed post on this topic.

... search for ' bird flu hoax ' on Google...

LMAO!! Really? This is a joke right?

Nope. No joke. I admit, 'hoax' isn't really the best word to describe it but that's what will help you find the right info.

Watch the Bird Flu Hoax video presentation on YouTube (referenced in the quoted post above) if you're too lazy to read. :)

Hmmm.............

Near four pages so-far on this topic and how much of it is informed and accurate comment?

This post does not add anything in a real sense either.

But this post does point out that topics such as this on TV in the end really don't achieve any more than several people just sitting around bored and dancing their fingers up and down the keyboard to make comments which do no more than just add needless pages to the topic.

Precise details from medical experts with the latest information available is all that is needed here.

If you fall into the category of a "Medical Expert" please state your qualification and experience for all to see and be able to decide what is valid and what is mindless banter.

Every Texan has traveled to Mexico. I spent four years attending Sul Ross State Univ. just 80 miles north of the Mexican border in Texas. I have traveled into the interior of Mexico. The Southern portion of Mexico is beautiful. But poverty in that country is unbelievable. Always has been. The elite in Mexico (5% control more than 90% of the wealth) are gald that their chief export is poor people. That way those people will not rise up because of starvation and hopelessness and overthrow the Government. I said nothing in my posts that is not true. Every country in the world has begun to seal their borders as unemployment rises and the governments are forced to take care of the unemployed - many illegal - with taxpayers money. Xenophobic? Just another word used by those who revert to name calling in order to deny one his/her freedom of speech. And for those U.S. haters, and haters of Texas and the rest of the South, we really don't give a dam_n if you hate us. We pretty much think the same of you.

My wife and I own a home in Phuket and will be retiring there in July. We have a huge problem with illegal immigration and it is one of the major reasons I am leaving the U.S. It is no longer safe here and is too expensive to live a decent life. Even then, I know the U.S. to be the most generous nation in the world regardless of what the Europeans whom we have saved in two World Wars think.

I can't stand George W. Bush who like his father George H.W. Bush was born in Connecticut. Fact is, like it or not, more than 85% of all Mexican Americans in the U.S. vote for candidates of the Democrat Party. Is wrong then to think that 85% plus of the illegals who are granted citizenship by the Obama admnistration - Bush wanted to do the same thing - will vote 85% + for the national and state Democrat Party? Is that yet another statement posters will label with the smear words "racist" and "xenophobe?" As a Texan (I can add Californians, New Mexicans, & Arizonans - we are all on the front lines bordering Mexico - I think we are in a position to know more about Mexicans than are the rest of the states in the U.S. and certainly more than Europeans, Canadians, and other foreigners. BTW I think all politicians, no matter the political party, are the No. 1 criminals in the world.

Every Texan has traveled to Mexico. I spent four years attending Sul Ross State Univ. just 80 miles north of the Mexican border in Texas. I have traveled into the interior of Mexico. The Southern portion of Mexico is beautiful. But poverty in that country is unbelievable. Always has been. The elite in Mexico (5% control more than 90% of the wealth) are gald that their chief export is poor people. That way those people will not rise up because of starvation and hopelessness and overthrow the Government. I said nothing in my posts that is not true. Every country in the world has begun to seal their borders as unemployment rises and the governments are forced to take care of the unemployed - many illegal - with taxpayers money. Xenophobic? Just another word used by those who revert to name calling in order to deny one his/her freedom of speech. And for those U.S. haters, and haters of Texas and the rest of the South, we really don't give a dam_n if you hate us. We pretty much think the same of you.

My wife and I own a home in Phuket and will be retiring there in July. We have a huge problem with illegal immigration and it is one of the major reasons I am leaving the U.S. It is no longer safe here and is too expensive to live a decent life. Even then, I know the U.S. to be the most generous nation in the world regardless of what the Europeans whom we have saved in two World Wars think.

I can't stand George W. Bush who like his father George H.W. Bush was born in Connecticut. Fact is, like it or not, more than 85% of all Mexican Americans in the U.S. vote for candidates of the Democrat Party. Is wrong then to think that 85% plus of the illegals who are granted citizenship by the Obama admnistration - Bush wanted to do the same thing - will vote 85% + for the national and state Democrat Party? Is that yet another statement posters will label with the smear words "racist" and "xenophobe?" As a Texan (I can add Californians, New Mexicans, & Arizonans - we are all on the front lines bordering Mexico - I think we are in a position to know more about Mexicans than are the rest of the states in the U.S. and certainly more than Europeans, Canadians, and other foreigners. BTW I think all politicians, no matter the political party, are the No. 1 criminals in the world.

Give it a rest, if you didn't really care you wouldn't be writing a lengthy piece. You forefathers were imported too, and now you are importing yourself to Thailand. I foresee problems with the attitude you are showing. Good luck anyway.

Please stop cockily parroting the corporate media, and get educated before making another misinformed post on this topic. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

To make up for it, I'll help you get started. :)

1. A-H1N1 ("Swine Flu") has genetic material from swine flu, bird flu and regular human flu. These types of combinations don't occur in nature, it is believed by numerous scientists to have been created in a laboratory, in fact there are current ongoing investigations regarding this.

2. The "Bird Flu" is also considered to be a biological weapon. All it takes is a search for ' bird flu hoax ' on Google to get some really great info on that topic via articles and video. On YouTube start with: ' Bird Flu Hoax pt. 1 ' for a detailed presentation or to get the exact video search YouTube for: VLT0_xMeLjI

3. So many people died in 1918 not from the "Spanish Flu" but from the related symptoms, namely strep infections, and the effects of the vaccines they were pushing. There's much more to this, but find plenty of articles on this by searching Google for: ' 1918 spanish flu strep infection '. The above video series is also essential viewing on this related topic starting at around Part 4.

4. The corporate media is owned and controlled by eugenist "elite" who want to basically kill 80-95% of the world's population, and animal-based influenza scares along with the associated profit-making, lethal, paralyzing (search: 1976 swine flu vaccine paralyzation) and de-fertilizing vaccines (search: ' nigeria polio vaccine HIV sterilization ', ' UNICEF philippines vaccination b-hCH ') are just are one way to control food supply and population growth in '3rd world' countries deemed to be a threat. (search ' kissinger population reduction ' )

"Climate change" hype as a method of control is also being widely employed and these "elite" haven't been shy about this lately either. By the way these rich families (Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc) are also major funders of the World Health Organization.

Have a read through the quotes below:

“We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination… So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts… Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest.”

- Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology, lead author of many IPCC reports

“Unless we announce disasters no one will listen.”

- Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

“It doesn’t matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true.”

- Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy.”

- Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony… climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.”

- Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

“The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.”

- emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

“We require a central organizing principle - one agreed to voluntarily. Minor shifts in policy, moderate improvement in laws and regulations, rhetoric offered in lieu of genuine change - these are all forms of appeasement, designed to satisfy the public’s desire to believe that sacrifice, struggle and a wrenching transformation of society will not be necessary.”

- Al Gore, Earth in the Balance

“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsiblity to bring that about?”

- Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme

“A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States. De-development means bringing our economic system into line with the realities of ecology and the world resource situation.”

- Paul Ehrlich, Professor of Population Studies

“The only hope for the world is to make sure there is not another United States. We can’t let other countries have the same number of cars, the amount of industrialization, we have in the US. We have to stop these Third World countries right where they are.”

- Michael Oppenheimer, Environmental Defense Fund

“Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty, reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control.”

- Professor Maurice King

“Complex technology of any sort is an assault on human dignity. It would be little short of disastrous for us to discover a source of clean, cheap, abundant energy, because of what we might do with it.”

- Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute

“The prospect of cheap fusion energy is the worst thing that could happen to the planet.”

- Jeremy Rifkin, Greenhouse Crisis Foundation

“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”

- Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University

“The big threat to the planet is people: there are too many, doing too well economically and burning too much oil.”

– Sir James Lovelock, BBC Interview

“My three main goals would be to reduce human population to about 100 million worldwide, destroy the industrial infrastructure and see wilderness, with it’s full complement of species, returning throughout the world.”

-Dave Foreman, co-founder of Earth First!

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

- Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor

“… the resultant ideal sustainable population is hence more than 500 million but less than one billion.”

- Club of Rome, Goals for Mankind

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.”

- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, patron of the World Wildlife Fund

“I suspect that eradicating small pox was wrong. It played an important part in balancing ecosystems.”

- John Davis, editor of Earth First! Journal

“The extinction of the human species may not only be inevitable but a good thing.”

- Christopher Manes, Earth First!

“Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing.”

- David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

It is largely irrelevant to me whether someone dies from a single virus, a combined mutated virus, side effects caused by the virus or the medication intended to treat the virus, the fact remains that people die as a result. I responded in my own words with a summary of why people should care about the current outbreak when another poster suggested that people shouldn't care. Now, if you think that the current virus set is either a biological weapon, a hoax or a tool of governments to control population growth then holding such beliefs is your right. But you'll understand that I can't go there with you on all of that otherwise I would also have to sign up also to the "facts" that Kennedy was killed by his own government, the moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood studio and Aids was created by CIA to blah, blah , blah.

RightyO,

You can't know about Mexicans or Mexico if you are from Boston or NYC...

Only people in those states bordering Mexico can know about Mexicans rightyO.

Do you hear yourself saying this?

This sounds like why i moved to Thailand instead of Texas, after 10 years in Europe,

and I actually MADE that clear choice 4 years back....

Bush got re-elected and that tipped the scale.

To quote a friend here.

" I moved to Thailand to live the American Dream,

because I can't live it in America anymore."

This goes right up there with the poster blaming farangs for bringing 'our disease' to Thailand

and ruining Thailand Tourism. Even as MOST cases coming to Thailand were brought by THAIS

coming back from vacations and study abroad.

Now Thailand is EXPORTING A(H1N1) to Taiwan and Hong Kong.

I am waiting for it to hit Samui in the next week.

Edited by animatic

Have the Thai authorities actually confirmed/verified that anyone has got swine Flu

Good question, so far it seems people are being quarantined...but are they sick from H1N1 or Dengue or whatever?

OK here's my cure for virus, I've used this for years and it works.

First, stock up on zinc, not that crappy Blackwells stuff w 15 mg of zinc and a bunch of other stuff, buy something with 50 mg per tab- NOT chelated..

Now at the first sign of sickness, the sooner the better, take 150 - 250 mg depending on your weight, ( eat first or you'll have stomahe ache.) do again in 4 hours and if you still feel sick, again in four hours . Don't do it more than four times. if this doesn't stop the virus dead in its tracks you have something else going on .

Look at every single flu " remedy" it has zinc in it, BUT NOT ENOUGH, the zinc inhibits the virus from replicating. It works I swear and for any virus ..( but not bacteria )

Inidentally Roche owns the rights to Tamiflu, but another little company, Gilead owns the patent and all of the Bush Admin, ObamaCo and most of Congress have stock in it...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...va&aid=1148

So is this flu being used, or was it manufactured...Maybe , to manipulate (Remember the media hysteria last month when the at the same time new torture pics WERE going to be released) and and of course for the end all of end alls- profit.

Edited by CFIT

Give it a rest, if you didn't really care you wouldn't be writing a lengthy piece. You forefathers were imported too, and now you are importing yourself to Thailand. I foresee problems with the attitude you are showing. Good luck anyway.