What's The Nicest Car You Have Seen In Thailand?

kjhbigv

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 15 mins ago overtook a Morris Oxford Woody Estate in BRG, old Thai man driving and lady passenger.

Cannot every remember seeing one before other than in a picture.

Had a "OXI" once, 10 years ago

has anyone any idea where this car is now?

post-36457-1247672534_thumb.jpg

Edited by timekeeper

About 15 mins ago overtook a Morris Oxford Woody Estate in BRG, old Thai man driving and lady passenger.

Cannot every remember seeing one before other than in a picture.

Had a "OXI" once, 10 years ago

has anyone any idea where this car is now?

post-36457-1247672534_thumb.jpg

Buy a couple of packs of cigarettes to someone in the policestation and run the plates. name and adress.

• 1 month later...
Horses for courses isnt it really, for me the best road car ive owned was an evo 6,.ive had hundreds in my 35+ years in the motor trade, as for Lotus mentioned earlier id say anyone that likes them has never owned one, its common knowledge in the uk that Lotus stands for Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious ! :) ,.however the mazda engined ones seem ok,British cars like the British Empire have all gone down the toilet,.if you want to see every exotic imaginable get yourself down to pattaya to the showroom on sukomvit, i kid you not there is one of everything there ! unbeleivable,. :D

I owned one and liked it, no loved it. Lotus owners are actually very loyal to the brand... Though I don't disagree with your sentiment that they're not particularly well built. A Porsche or BMW (Z3, Z4, Z*) or Audi (TT) would be a better day to day car with less 'niggles' though probably less involving.

As for the topic; so many nice cars here. Lots or rich folk. Obviously the Italian exotica stands out from the crowd when it drives past. I saw a bright banana yellow 911 turbo a couple of days ago - not too impressive IMHO...

Obviously living in this world of Toyota HiLux's (and other pickups), Yaris' and Honda City's etc, just interested to know if anyone has seen anything more exotic than a 5 year old BMW or Honda City with a big exhaust and bodykit!

Ok....bear in mind here in CM, not so much exotica as BKK....but I'll start you off....

White Lamborghini Gallardo in CM....what did that guy do for a living!? :D

Porsche Cayenne Sport in CM.

and lastly....a Ford GT in BKK few years ago and that's it! :D

Being a bit of a motorhead (used to have a Noble M12 GTO-3R few years ago, long time ago now!) but kinda miss seeing 'nice fast' cars, not Mercedes limousines but 'real' cars!

Just interested!

Anyone that has my wife sitting in it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

At the Pullman Khon Kaen there's quite often some Laotian registered heavy metal. I've spotted a Cayenne Turbo, AMG S63, 911 Turbo and M5 (all new).

A local guy in KK rolls around in a Gallardo. When my daughter asked why we couldn't have one of them instead of my Pajero I gave her the excuse that with only 2 seats we'd have to leave mum at home. She seemed satisfied with that b/s.

• 2 weeks later...

seen a few farraris, lamborg's, nissan nx? & the odd jaguar xj down the soi in the suburban moo ban. even saw the red farrari cruise the bumpy roads in the neighbourhood & it didn't seem he worried too much LOL :)

noticed a few of the 'classics' like old mercs or muscle cars around town & it's always a nice view as opposed to the ever present fortuners or pickups no offense intended!

• 2 months later...
Horses for courses isnt it really, for me the best road car ive owned was an evo 6,.ive had hundreds in my 35+ years in the motor trade, as for Lotus mentioned earlier id say anyone that likes them has never owned one, its common knowledge in the uk that Lotus stands for Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious ! :) ,.however the mazda engined ones seem ok,British cars like the British Empire have all gone down the toilet,.if you want to see every exotic imaginable get yourself down to pattaya to the showroom on sukomvit, i kid you not there is one of everything there ! unbeleivable,. :D

I owned one and liked it, no loved it. Lotus owners are actually very loyal to the brand... Though I don't disagree with your sentiment that they're not particularly well built. A Porsche or BMW (Z3, Z4, Z*) or Audi (TT) would be a better day to day car with less 'niggles' though probably less involving.

As for the topic; so many nice cars here. Lots or rich folk. Obviously the Italian exotica stands out from the crowd when it drives past. I saw a bright banana yellow 911 turbo a couple of days ago - not too impressive IMHO...

I have owned a 1969 Elan, 1966 Lotus Cortina, and a 1974 Europa Twin Cam. Never any trouble, but then they were only occasional drivers in Canada. I sold the Elan a few months ago in preperation of moving to Thailand. I'm bringing lots of tools in case i can find a 'fixer upper'. Any one have any leads on anything British, especially in Chiang Mai area, email me, <snip>

Edited by soundman
Email removed. PM member.

The yellow Subaru fully rallye prepped even with the air intake on the roof

That C**T nearly nailed me on the weekend when I was on my bike :)

But, being a car nut, it was bloomin' nice. WRX STi Type RA - the stripped out version of the normal ones. dam_n nice. Just the driver needs shooting.

The yellow Subaru fully rallye prepped even with the air intake on the roof

That C**T nearly nailed me on the weekend when I was on my bike :)

But, being a car nut, it was bloomin' nice. WRX STi Type RA - the stripped out version of the normal ones. dam_n nice. Just the driver needs shooting.

Can a decent second hand wrx be had here? I imagine all those on the website for sale have been flogged. What is the service (at independent garages) and spare parts like to obtain...would be nice to have a fast second car to tinker with...

• 3 weeks later...

130120101121.th.jpg

060120101097.th.jpg

130120101116.th.jpg

130120101118.th.jpg

281220091081.th.jpg

261220091077.th.jpg

Just a few I like.

I like the E31 BMW, the 850CSI is one of my all-time favorite cars (LivinLos....) - though this one isn't a CSI, or even a CI IIRC.

R8 I just love - that white one I've seen around BKK Hospital many times.

360 Modena - there was an F430 Scuderia just leaving the pump - I just thought it was funny that the owner of this one was topping up his own tyre air pressure so I snapped him instead. THe Scuderia is NOT the same one I always see in the ICON III on Thonglor.

The Shelby - is it real, I don't know - I'm not a huge fan of these types (also I claim ignorance to be honest) but I know stingray is. That one is owned by the owner of a big production house in BKK - sorry for the bad quality pics, it was dark.

BMW X6 - BADASS. Period.

For those who like cars just go to J-Avenue Thonglor on any given evening and have a look around. Yesterday there was a Merc there with the Night Edition paint jobby (I don't recall exactly what Merc calls that paint job). Also a 360 Modena, 2 Range Rovers (#1 "Mafia" car in my book), and a bunch of other big-dollar metal. Expect to see a BMW 6-series convertible there soon (white)...

Gee, I see more nice cars here in Pattaya than even in Luxembourg. Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Bugatti, Porche, Rolls, Mercs, just to mention a few. There's a car shop on Sukhumvit that does nothing but super-luxury cars, probably 50 or more cars in stock each with a price tag at least above 10M baht.

The gap between rich and poor is ridiculous here.

Just realized I have more pics of cars in my phone than I have of my own girlfriend....

Continued:

23082009611.th.jpg

31082009634.th.jpg

051120091023.th.jpg

17102009999.th.jpg

13102009977.th.jpg

A real M3 (nice change from all of the fakes - nothing worse than a fake M3, urgh! :) ) - the plate numbers from left to right are 7777, 7777, and 8888 - this was in Hua Hin at a hotel opening. Tons of cars that day.

Suburban - I just took the pic because it's huge and I can't imagine driving that around BKK (though i think the Range Rover is wider - maybe).

SAAB limo and SAAB 3-door.... just gotta love 'em.

Bentley Continental - what can I say. Not what I would buy for that cash, but hey it's better than buying a Hummer....

Its not the nicest car I have seen in Thailand but I am pretty happy with my 1972 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1. It has had a year long rebuild, bare metal re-spray and new interior. Not quite concourse but not far off.

I use it as my daily car. Unfortunately because of business commitments I take delivery of a new CRV this week and my cat has to go. I would rather it went to someone who would use it than see it gather dust in my driveway and only get to drive it once a month.

post-39895-1263799004_thumb.jpg

The highlights of my current stay include a F430 parked right below my balcony outside my condo on sathorn - driven by a total douche meathead who loves trying to get the waitresses and stuff here to squeeze his roided up arms :)

A white lambo gallardo spotted crusing a couple times around Sukhumvit and Ekkamai.

My fave of this trip - a BMW Z4 with FULL carbon fibre bodywork and matt black alloy wheels. Looked freakin awesome like the batmobile or something. Shamefully was being driven by some 80 pound gay looking thai TV host. Parked outside Funky Villa on Ekkamai Soi 5.

My faves from previous trips include a CHROME turbocharged bug which blew away my tuk tuk (and every other car) on Sathorn near Suan Lum in june 09. That thing was fuc_king awesome to see hehe.

An illuminous orange skyline parked complete with guard at the Slims end of RCA. The drum wheels on that thing were stunning! Also June 09.

BMW M5 a few years back just a couple months after launch being driven on the tollway by some 60+ yo thai grandma. It looked somewhat sad crawling along at 60kph :D

All in all I've seen some fantastic cars during my stays in Thailand and also some truely bloody awful riced up wannabe lookalikes hahaha :D

I saw my dream car - The NEW 2008/2009 NISSIAN GTR outside of the Pullman Hotal in Khon Kaen. Couldnt beleive it. I came to test drive Honda Civic and ended p seeing this car. I'm getting it one day.

I love the GTR. Seen a few back home in the UK. Originally I wanted the "Black" edition they do there. Now after seeing the carbon fibre z4 im thinking that would be even sweeter hehe. Prob for sheer affordability it would have to be a matt black GTR though haha :)

couple of years back I saw two matching blue Gallardos ripping sh_it up on the road to Khao Yai. must have been over 100mph. about 2 car lengths between them! Looked pretty cool.

Given that I was living in Issan, it was quite a shock!

A Fortuner is a big deal up here. might as well be a Porsche Cayenne!

yesterday i saw a red Ford GT40 on my way to pattaya, that supercharger was really singin. wonder how much that would cost??

And there is another black one in the showroom in central pattaya together with some other beauty's.