Backgammon

ChiangMaiFun

and where can I buy a board in CM?

I saw a tiny one at Robinson's in Central Airport a while back: way too small in my opinion. I looked for one in BKK at Toys'r'us but didn't find any there either. I was thinking of picking one up the next time I'm Stateside, so please post if you do manage to find one.

Happy hunting!

Plenty of wooden ones of all sizes downstairs at the night bazaar!

That's one of the things I miss since comming to live here. I used to run a Backgammon club in Portugal.

My brother bought a reasonable board while here on holiday last month. I have sent him message asking where. Will let you know.

I have a board here that I brought from home, but rarely play, as I've found that it's not a game that many people know how to play or are interested in learning.

I have seen wooden boards for sale at the night bazaar, at the stall that sells all the wooden toys and games. No doubt they are way overpriced like the rest of the crap down there!

I have a board similar to this...

800px-Backgammon_lg.jpg

Danny, what sort of set up did you have in Portugal, and would you be interested in running something similar here?

Might be interested if you did.

cheers

I have a board here that I brought from home, but rarely play, as I've found that it's not a game that many people know how to play or are interested in learning.

I have seen wooden boards for sale at the night bazaar, at the stall that sells all the wooden toys and games. No doubt they are way overpriced like the rest of the crap down there!

800px-Backgammon_lg.jpg

Danny, what sort of set up did you have in Portugal, and would you be interested in running something similar here?

cheers

Count me in too!!! be great to have a local 'club'

and where can I buy a board in CM?

I saw a tiny one at Robinson's in Central Airport a while back: way too small in my opinion. I looked for one in BKK at Toys'r'us but didn't find any there either. I was thinking of picking one up the next time I'm Stateside, so please post if you do manage to find one.

Happy hunting!

• 2 months later...

800px-Backgammon_lg.jpg

cheers

The boards in nightmarket are WAY too small! anyone have any other ideas??? I am looking for normal size board