Worldwide event tonight

As part of a Sunbelt Worldwide Event, Sunbelt Asia is hosting a seminar tonight at the Fortune Hotel in Ratchadaphisek Road, Bangkok. Simultaneous seminars will be occurring in 16 countries around the globe, in 350 locations. If you haven't already registered, and sent your payment, please come and see us on the night, as you can still pay at the door.

Sunbelt Seminars Presents:

The Secrets of Buying, Selling and Valuing a Business

Fortune Hotel

(3rd Floor in the Gold Room)

1 Ratchadaphisek Road

Bangkok

Thursday, September 25th, 6- 9pm

What you'll learn:

. Advantages of Buying an Existing Business

. Advantages of Buying a Franchise

. 90% Rule: Facts about Buyers

. What do we offer at Sunbelt?

. Process of Buying a Business

. Business Plan

. Tips for Buying the Right Business Right

. Helping Sellers Get to the Goal Line

. Best Buyer is often the Farthest Away

. Critical Steps in the Selling Process

. Importance of Confidentiality

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Light refreshments will be served.

Only 300 baht to attend.

[email protected]

www.sunbeltasia.com

02-642-0213 to 18

Khun ?

You..You ...Mr?

Why are you picking on Sunbelt?

I know Greg as a good and honest guy. He is certainly not involved in anything of that you mention in your post.

Why do you post such trash... Clean up your act man...

i guess you could be right but I have learned not to trust

people targeting foreigners in a overseas areas.

They do have a nice web site.

Khun,

Sorry I missed your post. I did see your last comment "people targeting foreigners in a overseas areas"

Just to set the record straight. We do work with foreigners. However we work with many Thais as well.  The fact is, last year we even had more than double the number of Thai buyers in our offices than foreign.  On the selling side, we currently have four times more Thai Sellers than foreign managed firms looking to sell.

We don't target any group; we simply help bring buyers and sellers together, no matter what their color of skin.

As for the seminar, around 25% of the audience was Thai.

Khun,

Sorry I missed your post. I did see your last comment "people targeting foreigners in a overseas areas"

Just to set the record straight. We do work with foreigners. However we work with many Thais as well.  The fact is, last year we even had more than double the number of Thai buyers in our offices than foreign.  On the selling side, we currently have four times more Thai Sellers than foreign managed firms looking to sell.

We don't target any group; we simply help bring buyers and sellers together, no matter what their color of skin.

As for the seminar, around 25% of the audience was Thai.

Sunbelt

That sounds great.

I would imagine most of your sellers in Thailand would be

thais just because of the premuim they get from foreigners alone. Then of course again a foreigner that paid way to much for something and wants to sell it back would most likely

have to sell it to another foreigner to recoup the buying premuim paid or wait for the increase of value normally associated with property.

Getting Thai buyers in  I would assume to be a great accomplishment if they were in to buy in Thailand.

EBAY does a similar service without ever being directly

a middleman.

Your WEBsite is first class. Good luck

Hmmm... most Thais businesses have been acquired from Thai sellers. On the other hand its normally the foreign business acquired from a foreigner. People negotiate and the market decides but its just a natural process that the buyer and seller must have chemistry. If they don't the transfer does not usually happen. After the transfer, they still have to work together, while the seller trains the new owner.

As for the Ebay process, the difference between that model and ours. Confidentiality. Which is critical in the transfer business.

The biggest asset in the business is the client base and employees. The fear of the unknown is a big motivation for them to leave. Their is a art to what we do and works great for both the buyer and seller.

The buyer can love the past history of a business as much as he wants. But if word has gotten out about the pending sale, the value of the business will declined and they are getting a former shell of the business. Most small business books you will find in book stores, will in fact advise the buyer if the seller does not have a business broker, hire one ASAP to protect the value and keep the emotion out of the negotiations.

The sale must stay top secret. That is our role, to advertise without telling the name and location. Only after meeting the prospective buyer is that revealed after they sign a strongly worded confidentiality agreement. Hope this helps you understand what we do.

Thanks for the kudos on our website. www.sunbeltasia.com

I'm open minded, I would go along to listen to what Sunbelt have to say. You don't have to agree with everything, you can form your own opinion. I personally think the Thais make it quite difficult for foreigners to own and operate a small business, but I think most of us know this anyway. I'm sure you would learn something, or have the opportunity to meet others who are interested in the same thing. I beleive Sunbelt are trying to do something positive, and anyway its easy to do nothing and be negative.

Just my opinion on the subject.

I was not looking at it as a business purchase of factories and high rise apartment buildings which most certain should use a company such as Sunbelt. I was looking more mainstream, more the norm condos and houses. I seen many types of offerings of being

middlemen to include the Farang that hunts for other farangs with money to try to get them interested in departing of some funds on the normal stuff that farangs partake on in Thailand,

bars, resturants, shophouses, houses, condoes.

These middlemen offer lawyer services and whatever else to include other investors and what not that will produce them some sort of commision.

I was equating setting up a meeting or seminar to be on a

level of to shake the tree and see who has money (the target) and how can they get these people interested in parting of some of it (investing in something to produce the middleman income). I look at the Ex Pat business mans club or meetings to be the same those without it to come up with ideas to get some of those with it to depart with it.

Lucky some of these people in these clubs reputations procedes them. I have first hand info and info from others I know to trust. I guess we all have to make money, I just do not do it involving myself in someone else's. Maybe to some they do not see anything wrong with trying to get a commision off another farang for introduction to a reliable service.

Sunbelt is advertising on a web forum so they must accept

comments. If they are good their reputation by word of mouth will provide them with ample customers the same as advertising in newspapers and magizines.

Sunbelt uses the forum as a business tool so we all have a right to offer our comments. As some have said Sunbelt is straight up good guys since I do not know the person who is saying it maybe someone else may say otherwise. Some times a battle is what is needed to bring out the pro's and con's.

Good Luck to Sunbelt and those that do not want to be hit on to spend money. If they want to spend it I am sure they know how and where to look to find what resources they need.

Hi Khun?

Thanks for your comments.

Word of mouth and our reputation is in fact our brand name. Over 80% of the prospective buyers come from referrals. Sounds high but that’s what were achieving now.  If you go to the Bangkok Expats Association, Club or in Pattaya. Feel free to ask about Sunbelt Asia.  

By the way, the seminar was an overwhelming success. As anyone can attest, we had standing room only at the end. We will be having the second seminar series again in the Spring.

Best of luck to you as well.

Sunbelt

It is a pleasure to have honest companies in Thailand. I have never heard of Sunbelt in the many years I have been around

Thailand. Bad news normally travels faster than good news.

So good luck on your endeavours. May we all benefit from your success.