Phi Phi Island Accommodations

I am doing a quick backpack trip from Phuket to Phi Phi to Krabi. I found some cheap prices for Phuket and Krabi (hotels under 1,000 baht). For Phi Phi, I heard it is better just to arrive on the island and walk around and find a place. I am just going to spend on night on Phi Phi so will probably just spend under 1,000 baht.

Can I just show up on the island and there will be an abundance of places to choose from, within walking distance of the pier?

yes, you can just show up and EASILY find a room for under 1000 baht. Average walking time from the pier is 5-10 min to most guest houses. There are no cars or motorbikes on the island so walking is pretty much your only way.

HINT: once you've found a place be sure to ask if it is quiet at night. Will help you sleep.

For one night with no real luggage then you'll be ok but check what time you get there relative to what time you need a room. If you book in advance, then you're stuck with what you've paid for and if you don't you have to run around and waste time. DO the internet research and then hit some.

Remember, wasting hours to save a couple of hundred baht when you are only there for one night is just stupid.