Koh Phangan - Psytrance-parties Stopped?

sawasdee, how is the situation now refering the psy-parties near baanthai - are they still going on (i don't mean the fullmoon!) or did the partieorganizer find an agreement with the village people (who are suffering from the heavy noise the whole night long, 6 times a month) by now? does anybody know? bye, lu

i was told from next month only one half moon party a month

As there is only 1 half moon a month technically then that figures :D

Bring on the 1/4 moon and 1/8 moon parties yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

i was told from next month only one half moon party a month

As there is only 1 half moon a month technically then that figures :D

Bring on the 1/4 moon and 1/8 moon parties yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

there are 2 halfmoons per month and there will be two halfmoon partys per month again.

Reason: Halfmoon Team had started to make a new site deep in the jungle at the end of a rubber tree plantation. The site was advanced quite well and a big opening ahaed, but the construction work were stopped by the "authoreties" recently. Meanwhile they can make a second party event per month!

• 2 weeks later...

@

Please educate me: "psy-parties?" Sounds like a major drug overdose!
:

psy-trance = the music-style of the partie! - u don't NEED any drugs, alchol incl., only the music flows.u... - o.k. sometimes,

someones, -maybe- think: a little help from -natural/chemical- substances can do no harm... u have the choice! and parties with different music-style (eg. summer jam/reggae, hiphop-events etc.) - no psy - drugs play a rule at any kind of partie (and other freetime-amusements), this has been years ago like this, this is nowadays like this and this will be same-same in future - it's the big theme of our social life and community in every generation - and alcohol is always around... chook-dee kah! lu

Psy-Trance - Very plippy ploppy hands-in-the-air pseudo-religious electronic dance music, typified by a slightly too high downpitched short decay kick drum and really squeally 303ish synths with oscillating filters. Extremely popular in Israel, Goa and along hippy trails in coastal Brazil - afficionados tend to love it exclusively over all other music but for me it's awkwardly close to techno but just not right :) - I like things a bit grittier having travelled the european Teknival circuit for a few summers in the late 90's/early 00's.

I really wish someone played some proper solid techno (apart from me in my house) Subhead, Neil Landstrumm, Chicago-esque shuffled and jackin techno at 128 - 140bpm - it's the one, single thing I miss from the UK! I love tough dance music but psy-trance is too fluffy for me. :-( - On a trancier tip a bit of old acid ala Hardfloor or Hallucinogen wouldn't go amiss.

Wow, I remember the acid-minimal-hardcore-techno in the Teknivals in Europe in the late nineties. French tribes push it

Haha...I recall this too...the birth of the house/trance started in...Belgium...? Typical era btw.