Up Or Down.

Moonrakers

Toilet seats.  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Girls opinion only huh?….well I AM one, post-op that is :D

So far that I know,…a toilet has 2 basic uses.

Men

Pee pee ….UP

Poo poo….DOWN

Women

Pee pee….DOWN

Poo poo….DOWN

Since 3/4 of "the actions" performed by men and women when the seat is DOWN, ….then why would you “the men” want the seat to be UP…at all times?

Me think the majority should rule

So this is a Non-debate issue….it’s a CLEAR-CUT to me, if you follow the logic :)

Edited by Violet Fonce

When my boyfriend is around I leave the seat up for him. He's very considered and puts it down for me afterwards. Anyway, if I leave it down I'm having to check the seat everytime..as his eyesight is quite bad... :)

Violet, I see your logic but you need to take into account how often does a man go pee pee vs poo poo and then you need figure to in male vs female pee pee & poo poo ratios. If a man is going pee pee much more often than he is going poo poo and is going pee pee more often than his female counterpart (most likely brought on by drinking large quantities of beer) then in fact it is possible that the toilet seat should be left up.

Wayyyy tOo many P's for me there... :D

---

Ok, i confess that im one of those women who have a thing about the toilet seat. Im actually not bad regarding other things. I dont mind tidying up. I always do far more than my fair share of cleaning (well..like most women i guess :D). BUT, the toilet seat thingy is the one thing im inflexible about. Actually, i even go so far as to want the lid down also..sorry....but..i do like it that way (reason in a bit). Now, i dont holler, rant and rave, if its forgotten, but, if forgotten a lot, then i will mention it (in a non-serious way at first..but if constant..then more annoyed). If a guy were to be like "i dont care, deal with it", i would take that as him just not being considerate and an ass. I think if a any woman (or man) has one or two things they really dont like, their partner should compromise if its not a big deal for them. (Ie: im a terrible toothpaste squeezer. I dont care where i squeeze. If a partner was particular about it..id be more careful, even if i thought it a bit silly). With my bf, i said to him something along the lines of "Im really sorry, and sounds silly, but i have a thing about liking the toilet seat down. If you dont mind, i would appreciate it". He laughed and nodded (I guess all men, no matter what country, sorta know about this one! :D)

Yeh, i know, sounds so silly to many... :D

Anyway...reason i like the lid down best, is because usually the toilet is in the bathroom/shower room and I dont go in there just to use the toilet. I dont like seeing an open toilet..just looks kinda unhygienic or something to be open like that(yes i know that sounds odd..i dont know why i have that reaction. Just do.) Its like the toilet is saying "USE ME!..IM WAITING!..CMON!". But, it may also stem from a really embarrassing fear I had as a kid that something living down the drains/sewer would come up and get me whilst i was on the toilet. Used to make me really scared to go.. :) Anyway..i heard that its bad Fung Shui to have a toilet lid up, as it lets in some kind of bad energy/air flow (which someone has already mentioned anyway).

As for the seat being down..well..its so dam_n ugly seeing that thing sitting up like that. Its like "IM MAN..UGG UGG..MAN PEE STANDING UP..MAN DOMINATE TOILET SEAT POSITION..UGG UGG..ME BOSS KING!". Feels like he has just marked his territory. As most toilets are not just used for the purpose of going to the toilet (washing hands, tidying up, freshening up)..and in the case of a toilet in a bathroom/shower room (where you shower, maybe put on make up, etc), then keeping the lid down makes the place seem much tidier and er..user friendly.. lol.

Haha ..found this in google ( i think the bottom left one might be a useful reminder?..others seem a tad ott for me!)

toiletiquette-752492.jpg

My wife squats with her feet on the ceramic rim. She's quite happy if I leave the seat up.

I usually piss out the kitchen door anyway, so can't see what difference it makes. :D

:):D:D I guess I would not invite you to a party in my place

Girls opinion only huh?….well I AM one, post-op that is :D

So far that I know,…a toilet has 2 basic uses.

Men

Pee pee ….UP

Poo poo….DOWN

Women

Pee pee….DOWN

Poo poo….DOWN

Since 3/4 of "the actions" performed by men and women when the seat is DOWN, ….then why would you “the men” want the seat to be UP…at all times?

Me think the majority should rule

So this is a Non-debate issue….it’s a CLEAR-CUT to me, if you follow the logic :D

If you want it down then by all means put it down. :)

Hi Ladies

Want my four pennoth?

I always lift the seat before having a ching chong and close it when finished. However the boss lady was getting on my nerves always leaving the seat up in the outside toilet.

When confronted about this anti social behaviour I was told in no uncertain terms that if I wanted my a**e bitten by dozens of mossies then go ahead and close the lid. :)

Rather took the wind out of my sails!

TBWG :D

Considering that most western toilets have COVERS I think the seat should be down and covered. What bothers me is the twerps who pee when the seat is down and spray it all over the seat. If the cover is on then at least the whole thing has to be lifted first. I had some non-paying renters in my home once and they ruined the toilet seat by peeing on it when aiming at the hole in the center.

@Ekk: Oh Violet..that was fantastic!

Ahhh….great minds think alike…yeah

@meelousee..."If you want it down then by all means put it down"

You won’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down, for sure

@Gram F

Err…since no one, including you is willing to do the survey of let’s say 100 samples on the average “amount” and “frequency” of each sex, so it’s impossible to draw the different conclusion other than mine!…hehe

Would you leave the fridge door open, if you plan to get your beer 10x/day?

Look….

It's like if we were to open the fridge, we would make sure it gets closed too, not leave it open for someone else to close it. Would you?

Plus if someone drops by your house we don’t want them to see the remnants of what you just did in there! …SO Seat DOWN… looks better, neater, and is much more positively feng shui - very auspicious. :)

Ok over to you all, once again

Violet Fonce……blip blip

Should change your name to Violet FORCE! :)

Liked the fridge analogy.

'

I think most men are basically a bit on lazy side. Most single guys on their own seem to have the bare bones of a living situation. Those who live with other guys, seem to do so with it verging on the side of a pigsty (through a womans eyes...and nose!). Nice to read some men think the seat AND lid should go down...surprised. :D

For those men who have gfs/wives who like the seat down, do yourself a favour and just take that minute to put that thing down..the rewards for that simple act far outweigh the effort of doing it (and of course the possible wrath if you dont!). Even the gf/wifey who initially talked to you about it, but then says nothing about it after you still do it..dont think she has forgotten. Its likely you just get a bit less good stuff and consideration..its certainly likely to be logged in her "brownie points" mental log book.

The smart man will know that if such a simple act makes his woman happy, he best stick with it. (tip: you could always very occasionally leave it up, so she remembers how often you put it down for her. If she mentions it just laugh and say "sorry darling, forgot". Oooh your payback benefits should be well worth the 'sacrifice' :D)

It's like if we were to open the fridge, we would make sure it gets closed too, not leave it open for someone else to close it. Would you?

Sorry, but I rarely take a whizz in the fridge. :)

Simple solution. My wife has the downstairs bathroom and I have the upstairs one. If I happen to use the downstairs then I put the seat down. If she happens to use the upstairs one, she does whatever she wants. :D

In terms of basic hygiene, when you flush the toilet millions of little spoors of urine & feces get sprayed upwards, spreading all over whatever they land on, so when you flush, put the seat & the lid down or else yo will literally be walking in your own shit. :)

I think that women who ask for seat to always be UP are just stupid enough to like to risk to sit on a dirty seat...

Um, don't you mean down???

and frankly, if a man is so low class as to pee on the seat, then I wouldn't be living with him anyway :)

I think that women who ask for seat to always be UP are just stupid enough to like to risk to sit on a dirty seat...

Um, don't you mean down???

and frankly, if a man is so low class as to pee on the seat, then I wouldn't be living with him anyway :D

:)

I'm male and sit down to pee.

I have done it for over 20 years now.

I read an article about how the bladder empties better sitting down and decreases the chance for prostate cancer.

I thought I was the only guy that did that. :)

I'm male and sit down to pee.

I have done it for over 20 years now.

I read an article about how the bladder empties better sitting down and decreases the chance for prostate cancer.

I thought I was the only guy that did that. :D

Could also be that we have equipment that not needs to be hold down to pee.

Gravity takes care of that. :)

The seat should be left down. The lid I don't much care about, but I prefer it to be left up mostly. I recall quite literally "falling in" to the toilet and getting my ass wet when the seat was left up. I had stumbled sleepily into the dark bathroom, hoping to not wake myself completely up at 3AM by turning on the light. Well, I certainly woke up.

My wonderful husband always leaves the seat down for me.