4 Intruders Beat Danish Man Mr Bent Freddy Starbucks

syd barrett

Report taken from the Pattaya One News Website on June 19th 2009

Danish Man beaten as he returns home to find 4 intruders.

Just after 3.30 on Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Giwatpong from Banglamung Police Station was called to house number 316/62 in Soi 73 off the Sukumvit Road in South Pattaya following a complaint from Mr. Bent Freddy Starbeck aged 49 from Denmark, the house owner, who had just been assaulted as he returned home.

He explained that he runs a Beer Bar in South Pattaya and returned home early to find two motorbikes parked outside his house and the house lights were on. Mr. Starbeck entered the house and found three men and a woman in the process of stealing items from the house. The three men spotted Mr. Starbeck and proceeded to attack him with a metal bar and their bare fists.

Mr. Starbeck retreated for a time and called the Police. It was determined that 13,500 Baht in cash, a 42 Inch LCD TV, DVD Player and a Laptop Computer had been stolen. Police believe that more people had to be involved in the theft and Mr. Starbeck revealed that he would often take female guests back to his house and believes that one of them had organized the theft.

Forensic evidence was taken from the scene as Police investigate the case and attempt to arrest those involved and recover the stolen goods worth around 100,000 Baht.

post-4408-1245495160_thumb.jpg

Mr. Starbeck revealed that he would often take female guests back to his house and believes that one of them had organized the theft...stolen goods worth around 100,000 Baht.

Expensive lesson learned...ST hotels are B 250 for 3 hours or B 500 half-day.

Not to bright as a bar owner he should know better. If i saw 2 bikes and the lights on I would have a serious think about what to do but walking straight in wouldn't be my first option. He should be happy to be alive, a lot of these incidents go horribly wrong

Well if they beat him with Metal sticks and bare fists, they certainly didn't do a good job, does not look too roughed up.

Why would thieves have the lights on in a house, dumb or what. Motorbikes outside with number plates visible, seems so stupid or maybe someone is a Jackanory Story teller.

100,000 baht is a lot of insurance money, maybe business is bad.

Not to bright as a bar owner he should know better. If i saw 2 bikes and the lights on I would have a serious think about what to do but walking straight in wouldn't be my first option. He should be happy to be alive, a lot of these incidents go horribly wrong

Like you say lucky man to still be breathing,,,,,,,,,,,,They could have been carrying guns ,you never know these days..............

Well if they beat him with Metal sticks and bare fists, they certainly didn't do a good job, does not look too roughed up.

Why would thieves have the lights on in a house, dumb or what. Motorbikes outside with number plates visible, seems so stupid or maybe someone is a Jackanory Story teller.

Any other witnesses????????????

My Humble opinion his very bad habit of taking female guest to his place was his down FALL, she see she want, no can have it, not a problem, I will return with my Thai Boyfriend and company while you are at work and take what I want, end of story>nuff said :)

:) generally being assaulted in your home at night only involves the persons being assaulted and persons assaulting. The other witnesses haven't been caught yet. Not sure what you mean there beano

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=17815

The burglar started shouting and stormed against Mr. Freddy to attack him, but the Dane fought back and managed to neutralize the burglar. Only for the man living opposite his house to come over and start to hit him with a hammer. The burglars managed to escape on a motorbike with the number “760”. Standing with blood flowing from his head Mr. Freddy called for help and the police, who arrived at the scene but refused to arrest the neighbour even though the bloody hammer was visible inside the gate to this neighbour’s house.

They always stick together against farang :)