Measuring Units

yabaaaa

My wife reallly doesnt understand mm/m/and cm ie measuring units, she doent know 100cm is 1 metre and doesnt even know what mm are. Anyone else

come across this? She knows what cm are

Another example is the local glass shop, ask them for a piece of glass 45cm long and 10cm wide and they know, but ask them for 450mm and 10mm they are stumped.

My wife reallly doesnt understand mm/m/and cm ie measuring units, she doent know 100cm is 1 metre and doesnt even know what mm are. Anyone else

Another example is the local glass shop, ask them for a piece of glass 45cm long and 10cm wide and they know, but ask them for 450mm and 10mm they are stumped.

Maybe you are not explaining it correctly.

Meter เมตร (ม)

Centimeter เซนติเมตร ( ซม )

Millimeter มิลลิเมตร (มม )

Maybe you are not explaining it correctly.

Meter เมตร (ม)

Centimeter เซนติเมตร ( ซม )

Millimeter มิลลิเมตร (มม )

Thanks maybe so originally but the wife who does now understand but didnt before passes on the details and the glass shop still dont depsite it being on their rule?

If you find that difficult, try showing the common Thai a map and ask them to point out where they live. I've yet to find more than one in 10 that could do so. But, they can ALL find their way anywhere in the country and get there by bus or some other form of transport. Without a map I'm lost. Just different strokes for different folks. :)

How can the glass shop work in centimetres? Maybe okay for standard size windows but surely there comes a time where they need finer measurements than that!

Yes what I thought but then they just say 0.5cm .................5mm to you or me ??

Wouldn't that be 450mm and 100mm not 10mm ? :)

My workers call millimeters = min so if i 5 mm i say 5 min or for 4.2 cm I would tell them 4 cen 2 min and they all get it.

A funny story for this is when one of my workers grabbed my tape measure from the USA that has only inches on it. The item they made was 2.5 times as big as it was supposed to be and they could not figure out why.

How can the glass shop work in centimetres? Maybe okay for standard size windows but surely there comes a time where they need finer measurements than that!

Yes what I thought but then they just say 0.5cm .................5mm to you or me ??

i guess expaining inch, yard and miles is out of question :)

i guess expaining inch, yard and miles is out of question :D

Why did you leave out chains and furlongs :)

/ Priceless

i guess expaining inch, yard and miles is out of question :)

Why single out a Thai wife for not understanding the metric system......there is a whole country postioned between the Atlantic and Pacific who doesnt understand it either.... :D

i guess expaining inch, yard and miles is out of question :D

Why single out a Thai wife for not understanding the metric system......there is a whole country postioned between the Atlantic and Pacific who doesnt understand it either.... :D

:)

Why single out a Thai wife for not understanding the metric system......there is a whole country postioned between the Atlantic and Pacific who doesnt understand it either.... :)

Surprised they have never adopted the metric system, knowing their like for HUGE numbers, imagine a 1 foot long hot dog... get your 304.8mm hot dog here!! :D