New Uk Passport

I renewed my retirement visa last January and the immigration renewed my visa for a full year even though my passport runs out 9th August this year. But they stamped in my passport I must leave the Kingdom by 18th August 2009.

Has anyone else had this?

I hopefully will get my new passport soon and the visa transferred then if still necessary get an exit re-entry.

I am just wondering if they will still insist on my leaving with a new passport.

Pete

They may of made an error when the stamped the 18th instead of the 9th or they gave you a 7 day grace period to get your stamps transfered over to your new passport.

When you get your new passport you will need to go to immigration and have all the stamps transfered over and they will give you the remainder of your extension.

You would only have to leave if you don't get the stamps transfered.

I renewed my retirement visa last January and the immigration renewed my visa for a full year even though my passport runs out 9th August this year. But they stamped in my passport I must leave the Kingdom by 18th August 2009.

I hopefully will get my new passport soon and the visa transferred then if still necessary get an exit re-entry.

I am just wondering if they will still insist on my leaving with a new passport.

Pete

They will not transfer your visa from your old passport to your new one.

Pete

One year extension of stay stamps are transferred to new passport. Which i believe is the case here.

But you are right. Visas are not transferred.

Pete

He does not have a visa he has an extension of stay. He like many others called an extension a visa which is incorrect.

They will move all the stamps for his extension over.