Non-immigration O Or B?

Right, I'm coming to Bangkok, Thailand in August.

My girlfriend has got a job at an international school. They have written her a supporting letter for her visa which mentions she is applying for a non-immigration B visa.

They have also provided a letter for me to support my application which mentions a non-immigration O visa.

I was going to apply for a non-immigration B visa as I plan to teach English out there. I understand I would need a non-imm B visa to get a work permit or that schools would prefer if I have a type B?

Should I use the letter and apply for a type O visa?

Should I use the letter but apply for a type B visa even though the letter says O? I don't want it to look like I am doing anything dodgy by applying for a visa different to the one on the letter?

Should I apply for a type B visa and not sure the letter? Will I have much of a chance of getting this visa without a letter?

I am also planning on getting a one way flight as I don't know when I'm coming back. Will they let me in the country with a one way ticket (does a B or O visa have different implication regarding visa types?).

Thanks.

You won't get a B visa with the paperwork you have.

Best bet is to get a mulitple entry O visa from the conulate iin Hull. It will be valid for a year. You will have to make border runs every 90 days. If you get a single entry and don't find a job within the 90 days you get on entry you might have to go out and get a tourist visa.

You can get a work permit with a O visa and then an extension of stay based upon employment if you find a job.

You can use a one way ticket with any kind of visa without a problem.

Best bet is to get a mulitple entry O visa from the conulate iin Hull. It will be valid for a year. You will have to make border runs every 90 days. If you get a single entry and don't find a job within the 90 days you get on entry you might have to go out and get a tourist visa.

You can get a work permit with a O visa and then an extension of stay based upon employment if you find a job.

I recently received a Multi entry Non Imm "B" visa from Sofia, Bulgaria even tho' I was expecting an "O" visa that I have always had as I have been married to a Thai for 7 years. Are there any ramifications having this visa bearing in mind I do not work here?

I recently received a Multi entry Non Imm "B" visa from Sofia, Bulgaria even tho' I was expecting an "O" visa that I have always had as I have been married to a Thai for 7 years. Are there any ramifications having this visa bearing in mind I do not work here?

It makes no difference they are both non immigrant visas. So it's not a problem at all.

A B visa does not mean you have to work here.

Thanks. I'll go for an O then using the letter from the school.

• 1 month later...

Got my passport back and it is stamped with a multiple entry non-imm O which is what I applied for.

It runs out on the 22 July 2010. Is that when I have to leave the country or if I do a border run on the 21 of July I get 90 more days for the 21st?

I got it from Birmingham and the turnaround was about 3 days.

Got my passport back and it is stamped with a multiple entry non-imm O which is what I applied for.

It runs out on the 22 July 2010. Is that when I have to leave the country or if I do a border run on the 21 of July I get 90 more days for the 21st?

I got it from Birmingham and the turnaround was about 3 days.

You need to do a border run every 90 days, the last one as you mentioned on the 21st. At the end of the 15th month you must get a new non-o outside the country.

Cool. Good excuse to go to Oz.

Halfsquat

I thought i had to go back to England to sort the same thing out. I went to Penang after reading stuff on here. They have a Thai consulate. A guy there whose details are on this site if you search, got me a new non im O visa in 6 hours!! he charged me 1500 Baht for doing so. If you do it in the normal time frame of two days he charges 600 Baht the cost of the visa which you got from the UK for £100 is the same in whatever country you get another issued in. If you want the guys details in Penang just send me a PM.

You seem to have obtained the visa on the basis of having a Thai wife. Correct? The poster does not have that option.

FYI: I believe the normal price for visa service in Penang is about 200 baht. But maybe I am not allowing for inflation.