Looking For Gis Beginners Course/tuition

JuniorExPat

If you know of a course or tutor providing GIS tuition for beginners I would be very grateful for an email address and/or telephone number (via PM of course).

One week of intensive 1-on-1 tuition in Chiang Mai would be ideal but am open to alternative suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

JxP

If you know of a course or tutor providing GIS tuition for beginners I would be very grateful for an email address and/or telephone number (via PM of course). One week of intensive 1-on-1 tuition in Chiang Mai would be ideal but am open to alternative suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

JxP

Read this a couple of time and not sure what you are asking for.

I assume your are using the definition of tuition that is "instruction", which not many people remember.

And by GIS, do you mean a geographic/geographical information system, one that captures, stores, analyzes, manages, and presents data that is linked to location?

As I understand GIS, it is a geographic information system which includes mapping software and its application with remote sensing, land surveying, aerial photography, mathematics, photogrammetry, geography, and tools that can be implemented with GIS software.

So you want a week long training in this?

Thanks noise, my post was a real stab in the dark so it's nice to receive a response.

Read this a couple of time and not sure what you are asking for.

I assume your are using the definition of tuition that is "instruction", which not many people remember.

Yes, tuition, tutelage, instruction, teaching . . . I hadn't realised that my vocabulary has become dated, ouch!

And by GIS, do you mean a geographic/geographical information system, one that captures, stores, analyzes, manages, and presents data that is linked to location?

Correct.

As I understand GIS, it is a geographic information system which includes mapping software and its application with remote sensing, land surveying, aerial photography, mathematics, photogrammetry, geography, and tools that can be implemented with GIS software.

So you want a week long training in this?

Correct, although location and duration of training are open to suggestions from potential tutors

More specifically, a basic overview of ArcGIS would be ideal but I felt that asking for that from the outset may put off potentially useful sources.

If this clarifies my enquiry and consequently you have information that may help please feel free to PM directly rather than post to the forum if you prefer, many thanks.

JxP