Transfer O Visa To New Passport

Hi All,

I have just got a new passport as my old one was full. I am told that I will need to go to immigration to transfer the visa across to the new passport and that there is a form that I need to fill in for the transfer. I have searched the forum but came up with nothing. Does anyone know where i can download this form so that I can fill it in before i go to immigration.

Thanks, Rick

They will not transfer a visa. You have to use your old passport until the visa runs out and you get a new one.

They will transfer extensions of stay, permits to stay and entries plus a re-entry permit.

Form download: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/downl...ansferstamp.pdf

You will also will need a letter from the embassy saying they issued you a new passport.

They will not transfer a visa. You have to use your old passport until the visa runs out and you get a new one.

They will transfer extensions of stay, permits to stay and entries plus a re-entry permit.

Form download: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/downl...ansferstamp.pdf

You will also will need a letter from the embassy saying they issued you a new passport.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advice. My extension is due in September, so is it necessary to transfer anything until that date. Can I just keep the extensions etc in the old passport and carry both of them? I am trying to avoid the scandalous charges for the letter from The British Embassy.

Cheers, Rick

I got new passport couple few weeks back and transferred my entry stamp to new passport just to avoid the hassle at the airport. I have only one year multi O but i understood it is the same form you fill for transfer of extension or transfer of entry stamp. Also i didn't have any embassy letter with me but who knows if they require it for extension transfer...

Anyways, this is the list of documents / copies direct as it is written behind the application form.

Document required for transfer stamp to new passport

1. Transfer stamp to new passport form

2. Certificate from embassy (if it available)

3. Copy of former passport with your photo

4. Copy of new passport with your photo

5. Copy of last arrival stamp in your passport

6. Copy of visa stamp in your passport (if it available)

7. Copy of last extend visa in your passport

8. Copy of TM Card

Hole story how it goes in Suan Plu here...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Passport-Soo...-S-t240932.html

You should not have to pay for the letter. They should of given it to you when you got your new passport.

It would be better to get them tansfered over now. They might give you a hastle over it when you go for your extension.

Sometimes they don't ask for the letter but it is one of their requirements.

You should not have to pay for the letter. They should of given it to you when you got your new passport.

It would be better to get them tansfered over now. They might give you a hastle over it when you go for your extension.

Sometimes they don't ask for the letter but it is one of their requirements.

Hi Joe,

They did not give me a letter, just a dated receipt for issue. Do you think that this will suffice or should i go back to the Embassy.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Rick

It's stated in their requirements "if available" so if you have it they take it but if you don't have it then should be no probs. I just checked and i got the list from the backside of the same application from Joe posted here. So it is not a requirement as such.

I didn't get one from embassy nor the immigration ever asked to see one. If they ask for some reason you can claim that their own list says "if available" and tell them that your embassy did not issue one.

Good luck.

Hi Guys,

Just to follow up on the post the other day. I went to Suan Plu armed with the documents that you recommended and presented them to the officer. I did not get a letter from the embassy but I did pass on the receipt. two and a half hours later i got the passports returned and the extensions had been transferred to the new passport. It was worth the wait and once again thanks for your help. By the way there was no fee.

Cheers, Rick

What's TM card??

I'm going through this rigmarole tomorrow so will let you know also.

Hi Guys,

Just to follow up on the post the other day. I went to Suan Plu armed with the documents that you recommended and presented them to the officer. I did not get a letter from the embassy but I did pass on the receipt. two and a half hours later i got the passports returned and the extensions had been transferred to the new passport. It was worth the wait and once again thanks for your help. By the way there was no fee.

Cheers, Rick

• 2 months later...

Just a few words of thanks for the advice given here, which saved me asking the question again! I live in Nakhon Phanom district, and the immigration office there transferred the relevant entry stamps, but not my Type O visa. They said I should show both old and new passports on my next visa run, but as nothing is ever really clear in Thailand, I cam here for confirmation. I didn't get a letter from the Embassy with my new passport, though (renewal done by post), although this doesn't seem to matter.

A couple of notes: when applying for a new UK passport, make sure your new photograph conforms ABSOLUTELY to the very strict requirements specified on the web site. Mine didn't (my face was 2 millimetres - yes, 2 MILLIMETRES) too short from chin to top of head, and the lady at the Embassy very kindly called me rather than send everything back (the regulations), so I was able, with some difficulty at the local photographer's, to send them what they needed. If you're using a photo-booth, take a ruler to measure your head on the photograph, because it's going to be hit and miss!

The other note is for anyone using (Nakhon Phanom) Immigration. Have 2 photocopies of everything relevant BEFORE you go to get your entry stamps transferred to your new passport, and this includes a completed (as far as you can) departure card. If you do that, it's a really simple procedure. I had to hike around the block to get mine done, which doubled my wait time!