I am due to fly to bangkok

I am due to fly to Bangkok for a long awaited break from England, my flight tickets are for 34 days. I have no tourist visa and I was told by the travel agent that I can get a thirty day visa when I arrive at Bangkok.But In have been checking web sites that say I am not allowed in if I have no tourist visa first, I have a friend who was sent back from Bangkok airport a month ago for not having a tourist visa, I am scared they will not let me on the plane. Also I read now tourist visas are no good for Thailand travel unless you have not been there before and I have read internet sites where my other friend has been to Thailand ten times on thirty day visas will not be allowed in to thailand, we are worried this is a proble, we kust want a nice holiday but everywhere i look Thaialnd aere checking tourist visas this is not fair because i holiday soon in thailand. Please can you help a reply onm this one i have soepnt alot of money on tickeysts and etc..  Thank you all too much.

phone the thai consulate in birmingham tomorrow a.m.

0121-643-9481

they will tell you exactly what is needed for your 34 day trip.

if you need a visa,they will send you an application form.

they are helpful,friendly and efficient.

they will get you visa'd up and ready to go by return of post.

p.s. just wondering but do you wear gloves when you type?

???

I just do not understand why you cannot get a VISA, 60 day in your country of England? I can get one here in America in one day? Just a trip to my states Thailand Consulate. Matter of fact getting a one year non-immagrant, with 90 day border crossings is easy.

Did you even ask the airlines before purchasing the ticket, the airlines know each countries requirements. They still tell me if I want an extension once in Thailand simply apply for one.

Bud

You need a confirmed ticket within 30 days if you plan to enter with a 30 day stamp. You can extend the 30 days with a 10 days for 1,900 Baht at the local Immigration office.

BETTER:

Apply for a 60 days tourist visa (TR) before departure, and there is no return ticket requirement. The 60 days can be extended additional 30 days for 1,900 Baht.

To all who are visiting Thailand (not only first-time visitors, unfortunately!): I have had lots of experience issuing Thai visas, both Tourist and Non-Immigrant. I have also surfed the "Net looking for information on Thai visas. I am very sorry to say that 99% of the websites I visited have erroneous information about Thai visas. Canadian passport holders (and most other western countries) may enter Thailand for up to 30 days with no visa: however, you MUST have a pre-paid flight out of Thailand within that 30 days - the outbound flight does NOT have to be back to your home country - just out of Thailand. If you do NOT have a pre-paid flight out of Thailand at the end of your 30 days, you MUST purchase a visa. Although my visa knowledge is primarily Canadian, I also have access to other countrys' visa requirements. PLEASE!! Check with the nearest Consulate-General, Consulate or Embassy BEFORE you make your travel plans. The number of people I know who have incorrect visa information could probably form a bridge all the way to Thailand! Western people do not realize that Thai Customs officials have much more power than Customs officials in North America - Thailand has imprisoned Canadian citizens simply for having an illegal "visa extension" stamp in their passports.  I like to think these people honestly did not know the "visa extension" they purchased was illegal (although it's probably not true); however, they are STILL in prison in Thailand. If anyone in Canada wishes information regarding Thai visas, call the Embassy in Ottawa at: 1-613-722-4444,

With very kind regards,

FrancieL

Syd   that 30 day permit on arrival is only available to bonafide tourists who have a confirmed outbound airticket within that 30 day period. In other words, because you exceed the 30 days you are ineligible get that 30 day permit on arrival. It is unlikely that an airline will carry you without a visa. Taxexile's advice is sound. The Consulates are fast in the UK whereas the Embassy in London is anything but.

Absolutely, if you have no ticket, get a visa.

I mentioned before, the chances the airline's staff is asleep

are 50:50. On 24th I was in Singapore, showed my passport to the check in staff "Sorry sir, you have no visa".

(OK mentioned somewhere else, I do have a re-entry in another PP, whithout that they would not have me let on board. That was CX. On the 14th in Cambodia (PG) they let me board without. But why take the risk?