Are You Happy With Your Internet Connection In Thailand?

george

r u happy with ur internet connection :

No if i was in western europe, the usa, etc ...

Yes for Thailand !

I would be interested to know why you are happy with the unreliable and expensive internet service in Thailand.

was this an

Internet survey? NO

Trawling for customers ? YES

:)

Yeah, it reminds me of the kids who filled out birthday party info sheets for free gifts from Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour in California and received Selective Service notices for the fictitious names they had given.

Edited by dkstoney

Never bothered looking at it myself.

:D I am with TOT in Thai. 1.5 m`s, with Virgin media, in UK., just upgraded to 10m`s But i`m happy as long as i get BBC iplayer mostly uninterupted. Cheers.......Bri :)

I thank TV for the list of Thailand internet suppliers but cancelled the survey mid-way (?) when I found it to be a bit long and not too specific to internet. I will use the list to again research internet service possibilities but I think I am stuck with Tru-ly awful ADSL which was beyond pathetic in early 2009, did get better, but I come to expect that it will again degrade at any time.

I also CANNOT upload to YouTube from Thailand and often have miserable success with downloads from sites like camera makers (dig software support). Hope that where you are downloading from supports resumes. FTP upload is problematic as well.

At it's best torrents are useless in Thailand. I've been back in the west one whole month and have spent > $100.00 on blank DVDs and other things and that is money that is NOT spent at Thai suppliers. 

Edited by Ponbkk

I have TOT and it's supposed to be 3MB. Dropped five times this morning already. Living in the last century in California and having T1 uninterrupted speed in my offices and home kind of jaded me as to internet capability. I realize I now live in the jungle and have lowered my expectations considerably. I even get a slight smile on my face when I start up and have any connection at all. Seriously, do we want these same people who are giving us substandard third world internet service to go online with nuclear power. Call the hotline to asked what all the sirens from the facility are about. "No have"; "Sorry sorry"; "Cannot tell you without permission from manager", "Preeze call later"; "Do you want new promotion?"; "Everything glowing without power is part of Government plan to give free light to poor".

You have made me feel so much better. I thought it was only my TOT line.

Totally useless, they are. :)

I also CANNOT upload to YouTube from Thailand and often have miserable success with downloads from sites like camera makers (dig software support). Hope that where you are downloading from supports resumes. FTP upload is problematic as well.

Try using a proxy service.

I have TOT and it's supposed to be 3MB. Dropped five times this morning already. Living in the last century in California and having T1 uninterrupted speed in my offices and home kind of jaded me as to internet capability. I realize I now live in the jungle and have lowered my expectations considerably. I even get a slight smile on my face when I start up and have any connection at all. Seriously, do we want these same people who are giving us substandard third world internet service to go online with nuclear power. Call the hotline to asked what all the sirens from the facility are about. "No have"; "Sorry sorry"; "Cannot tell you without permission from manager", "Preeze call later"; "Do you want new promotion?"; "Everything glowing without power is part of Government plan to give free light to poor".

You have made me feel so much better. I thought it was only my TOT line.

Totally useless, they are. :)

As far as I can tell they ar all cr*p, Thai internet is just plain cr*p.

Just to reiterate: cr*p, cr*p, cr*p.

What else can you say? cr*p.

All adsl / broadband business in thailans need a makeover, restructuring or development.

They also have to do something serious about the oversea connection, and they better hurry. 

All the west racing away from this cartoonish development of thai broadband, Europe is soon to spread out fiber across the main households, already digged it down in all new buildings etc, thailand appears as a development country. Years on years behind.

In the same time, they should do something about the foreigners possibility to own the land they build their hous upon. But thats another story. 

Brgds

Thomas J

All adsl / broadband business in thailans need a makeover, restructuring or development.

They also have to do something serious about the oversea connection, and they better hurry. 

All the west racing away from this cartoonish development of thai broadband, Europe is soon to spread out fiber across the main households, already digged it down in all new buildings etc, thailand appears as a development country. Years on years behind.

In the same time, they should do something about the foreigners possibility to own the land they build their hous upon. But thats another story. 

Brgds

Thomas J

Thailand lacks the infrastructure to achieve that anytime soon. Without a proper infrastructure the dream of a "high-speed" access will continue. I trust you know that very well. No need to rant.

You can not compare Europe with Thailand. Even in Europe you have a lot of issues with broadband.

Ohhh, why are there so many UNHAPPY people on Thai-Visa having a good ole winge about a survey. Don't do the survey if you don't like it, crikey pull your heads in.

GROW Up and get over yourselves :)

Posted at 17:00 after an afternoon on the piss I'll bet!

Ohhh, why are there so many UNHAPPY people on Thai-Visa having a good ole winge about a survey. Don't do the survey if you don't like it, crikey pull your heads in.

People are unhappy beacuse they don't like to be be deceived. It's insulting to our intelligence if someone presents a survey under false pretense and (apparently) assumes that we're too stupid to see that.

People are unhappy beacuse they don't like to be be deceived. It's insulting to our intelligence if someone presents a survey under false pretense and (apparently) assumes that we're too stupid to see that.

I agree 100%, shame on TV!

All do respect George but this is not a survey for internet connections is it ?

About 7 out of 32 questions are somehow internet related and rest is pure details of your situation. So if you want to survey Thaivisa users on their ages, preferences, mode of transport, annual income etc details to help with insurance, visa services and other sales why not just say so and i believe people will answer more honestly myself included.

TV internet connections and sms services are better promoted here on the forum as well.

+ 1 x 200%, I scrubbed doing the survey when it veered hugely off the original intent.

All do respect George but this is not a survey for internet connections is it ?

About 7 out of 32 questions are somehow internet related and rest is pure details of your situation. So if you want to survey Thaivisa users on their ages, preferences, mode of transport, annual income etc details to help with insurance, visa services and other sales why not just say so and i believe people will answer more honestly myself included.

TV internet connections and sms services are better promoted here on the forum as well.

+ 1 x 200%, I scrubbed doing the survey when it veered hugely off the original intent.

terrible connection most of the time........good some of the time.......it is not anything like the USA or Singapore or Japan or S. Korea......more like China (and probably has to do with govt. attempts to censor everything......slows the entire system down).

Just a guess..........

Deffinately not.I'm using TOT with the ipstar sattelite costs me 1600 baht. There is no land line here so I don't have an option, the service has taken anything up to 10 days and only come if I threaten to throw it out. The techies are really agressive and disrepective.

I've tried using blue tooth but its incredibly slow. I'm totally pist with this lot.

Joe

I signed up for the 8MB and true move gold package, very satisfied, I have indeed a real 8MB download speed even at peak moments its never slower than 6 MB and their service line is excellent. I Live in a condo in Nonthaburi ( Muang Thong Thani, lakeview)

Of course its lower than the 15MB from back home; what only give a problem when I like to watch live-stream news programs from back home at peak times, can't play it in full screen.

I guess its all depends what you are willing to pay and what's available at the location where you live, like in my condo Maxnet is not available.

Edited by henryalleman

GROW Up and get over yourselves :D

Posted at 17:00 after an afternoon on the piss I'll bet!

How much was the bet? Forward the cash asap, havent had a drink in years, tea tottler this end. :) NO B.S.