Cheap Flights

Tigerman1

Hi all

If you are looking fro a cheap flight in July/August then today (now) Net Flighst has then with EVA Air (direct) I have just booked 2 adults for £940 inc taxes.

If I left it 2 weeks later I could've booked it for even cheapoer but I need to work then.

Great deal which i am sure won't last long.

Good price.

The flighst I booked were £2400 back in April 2009 as they are in the summer holds for the kids. I looked early this morning as soon as I got into work and hey presto the cheap seats were there. Just checked again for my samem dates an dback up to £2350! I guess I was lucky!

The whole family is looking foward to it.

Have a good time in October.

Have been going back and forth every 2 months for several years. Best tip is to book a reasonable time ahead if possible. Out of the high season (Dec to March) you can usually get a return for £350 to £425 if you book at least ten weeks ahead but it often goes up to £450 to £500 if you leave it another week or so and I have never detected it getting mega-cheap as the flight date approaches - quite the reverse.

The cheapest flight booked even a month ahead rarely goes above £500 out of season, if you can stand Jet!. I would not be too pessimistic about your 'bargain' disappearing quickly. [A few flang I met say Jet is quite ok, though I have never tried - even Slum Dog Millionaire does not erase my business flight memories of Mumbai airport as a hel_l-hole].

Try opodo.co.uk if you are travelling from the UK. I don't know that it's the best but they have never put a foot wrong for me over 20+ return flights.

Have been going back and forth every 2 months for several years. Best tip is to book a reasonable time ahead if possible. Out of the high season (Dec to March) you can usually get a return for £350 to £425 if you book at least ten weeks ahead but it often goes up to £450 to £500 if you leave it another week or so and I have never detected it getting mega-cheap as the flight date approaches - quite the reverse.

The cheapest flight booked even a month ahead rarely goes above £500 out of season, if you can stand Jet!. I would not be too pessimistic about your 'bargain' disappearing quickly. [A few flang I met say Jet is quite ok, though I have never tried - even Slum Dog Millionaire does not erase my business flight memories of Mumbai airport as a hel_l-hole].

Try opodo.co.uk if you are travelling from the UK. I don't know that it's the best but they have never put a foot wrong for me over 20+ return flights.

The last time i flew to thailand was with jet and i thought they were the best i have flown with so far

Booked today via Netflights to fly LHR - BKK return xmas day for 2 weeks with Eva I have been watching flight prices every day for months we got it for £1466 for 2 adults and 11 year old I feel like I have a bargain the same flight as now gone up to well over £2100. The price I bought is the cheapest I have seen in all the months I have been watching them also Eva is one of the best airlines I have travelled with :)

Darloknight, that is also a v good price.

Well done. It looks like a few seats were released ansd we were there at the right time. Have a look at the Accor hotels website as they are also cheap until 29th June if you need a place to stay.(novotel, Ibis etc.) Good hotels - no slums.

Last week I was trying to book at room at the Airport Hotel and it was approx £80 per night, today I booked 2 nights inc. ABF for £56.00!!! Bargain and it is top notch.

I also wanted to stay athe Ibis in Pattaya which for a family room was coming up at 1900bt per night with no breakfast.

I just booked 13 nights there with ABF and inc, tax for 1350 per night - bargain again - it is modern, nice and clean and a nice pool. A good week for deals. i'll put this week in my diary for next year also!!!!

Where ar you on the UK?

Yyeeaahhaahhhhh

Darloknight, that is also a v good price.

Well done. It looks like a few seats were released ansd we were there at the right time. Have a look at the Accor hotels website as they are also cheap until 29th June if you need a place to stay.(novotel, Ibis etc.) Good hotels - no slums.

Last week I was trying to book at room at the Airport Hotel and it was approx £80 per night, today I booked 2 nights inc. ABF for £56.00!!! Bargain and it is top notch.

I also wanted to stay athe Ibis in Pattaya which for a family room was coming up at 1900bt per night with no breakfast.

I just booked 13 nights there with ABF and inc, tax for 1350 per night - bargain again - it is modern, nice and clean and a nice pool. A good week for deals. i'll put this week in my diary for next year also!!!!

Where ar you on the UK?

Yyeeaahhaahhhhh

Yes I think it was a week for bargains!!! Not sure where we are going to stay yet in Thailand we tend to go to Hua Hin as we have friends there but would like to go to somwhere different this time, going to check out the hotel you mentioned, thanks for the info :)

Iam from Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Edited by DarloKnight

Hi Razz

I have searched every site for flights and could not get Thai Airways for that price for xmas day, I have to admit I have travelled with 4 different airlines to Thailand and Thai would not be the top of my list the only advantage with them is that they are direct, I flew with them in Janauary and I was dissapointed with the quality, no screens in back of seats, staff not very friendly and I tried to book champagne for hubbys 40th before we flew and they not interested in taking my money! Have flewn with Gulf air and I know we had a stop over but they were really family friendly they have a sky nannny on board to entertain kids which is great when you are travelling for that length of time it gives you a break. Qatar were 1st class but once again you have a stop over.

I just bought LON-KUL returns for 203 GBP all in.

An pay another 140 MYR for KUL-BKK return. That's abother 25 GBP.

In total I pay less than 230 GBP for LON-KUL-BKK-KUL-LON.

What's the deal with immigration when you get into KL? I think I remember not needing a visa to get into Malaysia, but i assume you would still have to pass through immi, so what kind of time do you leave before your connector?

Just looking at flights for my winter migration and air asia looks cheapest by far at £170 one way to KL and a connector for about £30. That's over £100 cheaper than anywhere else. Granted, I haven't really been searching very hard, but still.

I flew home last year with Sri Lankan for about £240 but their website is working about as well as their inflight entertainment at the moment, so i don't know what the deal is there.

Has anyone else got any views on Jet Airways, good or bad? In a recent respected travel magazine survey they were voted amongst the top 10 world airlines, however, I've only ever seen negative comments about them on the net. Recent internet fares quoted for October flights are £362 - £358! The connection times at Mumbai are only a couple of hours so I think I may be able to endure the possible "hel_l-hole" conditions there.

Has anyone else got any views on Jet Airways, good or bad? In a recent respected travel magazine survey they were voted amongst the top 10 world airlines, however, I've only ever seen negative comments about them on the net. Recent internet fares quoted for October flights are £362 - £358! The connection times at Mumbai are only a couple of hours so I think I may be able to endure the possible "hel_l-hole" conditions there.

I flew with Jet from Bangkok to Kolkata and back and found it fine. I mean, it's not the height of luxury, but you get what you pay for. Comfort wise it's perfectly adequate. In fact the only difference I noted compared to other, bigger airlines is that the hostesses were fat and unnatractive.

Hi Razz

I have searched every site for flights and could not get Thai Airways for that price for xmas day, I have to admit I have travelled with 4 different airlines to Thailand and Thai would not be the top of my list the only advantage with them is that they are direct, I flew with them in Janauary and I was dissapointed with the quality, no screens in back of seats, staff not very friendly and I tried to book champagne for hubbys 40th before we flew and they not interested in taking my money! Have flewn with Gulf air and I know we had a stop over but they were really family friendly they have a sky nannny on board to entertain kids which is great when you are travelling for that length of time it gives you a break. Qatar were 1st class but once again you have a stop over.

You have to call to get that price. Not sure if it's available over Christmas.

http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/promotions/index.html

Some flights have newer planes with seat back TV's.

Travelling Christmas day you're going to be struggling to get a cheap flight! :)

RAZZ

I have flown Jet Airways several times now, BKK-LHR-BKK via Mumbai. All flights perfectly adequate, friendly staff, nice food and very good service. Mumbai airport is undergoing a serious refurbishment. What is poor, is the security clearance for arriving/transiting passengers into the terminal building; total chaos!

I was supposed to have a 12 hour stop-over (which was reflected in the price of the ticket), on arrival in Mumbai, the Jet service manager approached me and several others with a 12 hour wait. We were all asked if would like to depart on the early flight, departing within an hour of us arriving at Mumbai. Of course we all did. We were asked to stand aside for about 5 minutes, after which the Manager returned with new boarding cards and new checked baggage tags. He then kindly asked us to proceed to the gate, where the flight to London was about to depart.

Service on that particular flight was very good as was the in-flight entertainment, with TV screens in the back of the seats.

The other advantage of Jet is that they allow a 28 KG baggage allowance on an economy ticket. On my return to Bangkok I was allowed 38 KG!! Because I had clocked up some miles.

Considering all of this against the price of tickets on Thai Airways (virtually double), I am happy to fly Jet Airways. I will do so again in August.

Frm-Bkk

Considering all of this against the price of tickets on Thai Airways (virtually double), I am happy to fly Jet Airways. I will do so again in August.

Frm-Bkk[/font]

I'd rather pay £150 more and travel direct than waste all that time...but up to you :)

RAZZ

Hi Razz

You have to call to get that price. Not sure if it's available over Christmas.

http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/promotions/index.html

Some flights have newer planes with seat back TV's.

Travelling Christmas day you're going to be struggling to get a cheap flight! :)

RAZZ

Booked on Thursday to fly out xmas day got it for £1466 for 3 of us with Eva it cost me less than it did when I flew in January with Thai I could not even get a indirect price for this!! Think I was very lucky :D

Hi all

If you are looking fro a cheap flight in July/August then today (now) Net Flighst has then with EVA Air (direct) I have just booked 2 adults for £940 inc taxes.

If I left it 2 weeks later I could've booked it for even cheapoer but I need to work then.

Great deal which i am sure won't last long.

emirates are doing flights for 400 pounds

Where did you buy this fare?...for what month travel?

Best flight prices..usually westeast travel..they guarantee to beat any quoted fare

Edited by Oliver Reed

Cheapest is to fly LON-KUL + KUL-BKK via AirAsia.

They do not connect. You have to retrieve your bags & check in again.

booked for my 10yr old and me in october with Etihad, £674 total!!

read this post, checked with air asia x, £525 total!!

ok no food etc, but what the heck, gonna sleep most of the way!

just goes to show.......always check T.V. before doing any booking!

next time, eh?

Worth knowing that Jet do 28kg. Normally I fly with 15kg or less but now moving into new Thai house so need to bring odds and sods on next few flights (I wonder what Babel fish does to odds and sods in Thai?!). 1kg excess costs £50 (US$ 80ish) or more above a 20kg limit in some airlines on the London to BKK route so 28kg is actually well worth having if you need it.

Anybody else know of other carriers who allow their cattle to carry more than 20kg? Could do the research but often the baggage allowance is a real p-i-t-a to find or interpret on airline websites.

Worth knowing that Jet do 28kg. Normally I fly with 15kg or less but now moving into new Thai house so need to bring odds and sods on next few flights (I wonder what Babel fish does to odds and sods in Thai?!). 1kg excess costs £50 (US$ 80ish) or more above a 20kg limit in some airlines on the London to BKK route so 28kg is actually well worth having if you need it.

Anybody else know of other carriers who allow their cattle to carry more than 20kg? Could do the research but often the baggage allowance is a real p-i-t-a to find or interpret on airline websites.

You only need one return flight on Thai to get ROP silver...10kg extra luggage for free.

RAZZ

What's the deal with immigration when you get into KL? I think I remember not needing a visa to get into Malaysia, but i assume you would still have to pass through immi, so what kind of time do you leave before your connector?

Just looking at flights for my winter migration and air asia looks cheapest by far at £170 one way to KL and a connector for about £30. That's over £100 cheaper than anywhere else. Granted, I haven't really been searching very hard, but still.

I flew home last year with Sri Lankan for about £240 but their website is working about as well as their inflight entertainment at the moment, so i don't know what the deal is there.

Yes, you have to go through arrival immigration in KL, collect your bags, and recheckin, and go through departure immigration again.

I would advise a minimum of 4 hours from schedule arrival & schedule departure.

Or you can stay overnight at their TUNE airport hotel, very cheap.

Even better, stop over for a day or two.

I believe Emirates is now 30kg standard in economy.

I flew with Jet from Bangkok to Kolkata and back and found it fine. I mean, it's not the height of luxury, but you get what you pay for. Comfort wise it's perfectly adequate. In fact the only difference I noted compared to other, bigger airlines is that the hostesses were fat and unnatractive.

Thanks for your comments, RoastLamb. Must remember to take my eyemask if I decide to book with Jet!

Samgrowth, or anyone, do you know what the deal is with airasia regarding baggage allowance?

These flights just seem too cheap. I can get to BKK from London with Air Asia for less than £200, yet with British Airways it would be costing me more than £700.

There must be SOMETHING I'm missing here. So far I gather that you have to pay for food and drink, but that is hardly going to make up for a £500 difference.

What's the catch?