Annual Barbecue

happyvalleylady

location for party  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been a member for quite a while but don't post that much, nor do I send a lot of email. I live in Patong and don't want a car and surely not a motorbike. Simply I walk or take public transport. So that is why I voted for the Brewery. It is possible to take the bus from Patong, then Chalong and then Rawaii as long as you start your journey before the last bus leaves. Seems most members drive cars and motorbikes.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a member for quite a while but don't post that much, nor do I send a lot of email. I live in Patong and don't want a car and surely not a motorbike. Simply I walk or take public transport. So that is why I voted for the Brewery. It is possible to take the bus from Patong, then Chalong and then Rawaii as long as you start your journey before the last bus leaves. Seems most members drive cars and motorbikes.

I am pretty sure there will be a member who can give you a lift to the venue.

Gerd

Just bumping into this poll as to where to locate a next Thai Visa BBQ. By reading it it seems that a more casual option might be the way to go...

What about a BBQ and drinks (non sponsored or sponsored via local businesses) event every 2 months. No need to sign up just come when you feel like it, with the likelyhood that the number of TV is higher and a few people will meet?

I do not want to put the name of my business up as yet, rather ask another to have some thoughts about it. Gerd (Thaigerd) knows the venue very well and knows what we do.....

Just in case I like to offer an alternative.

BTW, location is in Patong, parking available and an outside setting.

Just bumping into this poll as to where to locate a next Thai Visa BBQ. By reading it it seems that a more casual option might be the way to go...

What about a BBQ and drinks (non sponsored or sponsored via local businesses) event every 2 months. No need to sign up just come when you feel like it, with the likelyhood that the number of TV is higher and a few people will meet?

I do not want to put the name of my business up as yet, rather ask another to have some thoughts about it. Gerd (Thaigerd) knows the venue very well and knows what we do.....

Even I don't know you are but it seems to be a good idea.

Members in the Pattaya sub forum did(or still doing?) a little meeting every Friday evening I think.

Just a simple get-together for a few drinks&food, chatting and networking.

Are we able to organize something for next week Saturday......???

Gerd

Gerd

Now you know me....

Answer to your question from my side is YES, no problem. I might be cripple at the moment but still be able to get things done.

OK Gerd, if you are in, I am too.....

Let's aim for a saturday, either this week or next week.

Informal meeting with a few beers (I might throw in some specials) and the BBQ going with some nice food.

No need to sign up but appreciated if anyone let me know if they might come, have to work the numbers a little.....

Location is on OTOP Shopping Paradise, entrance opposite Holiday Inn on Rat-U-Thit road. Open air bar with a relaxed atmosphere. Parking available. Kids, dogs etc are all welcome as we do that daily.

Any reactions so that we can go ahead? no need to discuss in length, just lets try 1 or 2 times. location can always change, but at least there is a start!

Gerd

Now you know me....

Answer to your question from my side is YES, no problem. I might be cripple at the moment but still be able to get things done.

I think I know you you are now :) .

In case we can get 10 members to come I will sponsor the meat for the BBQ, you will sponsor the 1st drink and Thai food for our partners who will come with us!!!

A deal???

Gerd

I get over on 25th, accompanied by lovely wife, 2 sons and son's friend, so I shall miss this. I would, however, be keen to meet up with members again as we did a couple of years ago. To that end, I'll post nearer the time and just say that we'll be in such and such a bar on such and such a day, and if anyone fancies a beer, see you there. If not, no probs.

Have a great time and see you soon.

I dont mind letting other members know me, I havnt really had any heated discussions...yet :)

...allthough it would be interesting to see if any of of have already crossed paths, for me in particular with my job I wonder how many people have told me to get lost :D haha.

would be a shame if we didnt have an annual bbq though.

I'm not familiar with Sports Club but I live closer to that than The Brewery, which I don't feel would be an ideal location for the BBQ anyway. Enjoyed last year's fete at Friendship Beach, despite the lack of mingling (was a bit shy myself). I did get to say "Hi" to Don, Buckwheat (RIP) and a few other BM's. I'll definitely attend -- probably with fiance (we're expecting a baby in early September so that might be a deciding factor on whether or not she attends). Anytime is fine with me...

So: 2 people (if not the fiance, then a buddy)

I live in Vichit, between Wat Chalong and Central

Sports Club

anytime

It looks like the BBQ idea is going nowhere at present. Not having been to a TV event before I have no idea what it takes to organise but I am willing to offer my assistance.

I still say the Rawai Sports Club August 22, 3pm until the skipper kicks us out.

QUOTE (loubrockbank @ 2009-07-09 23:13:44) post_snapback.gifwould be a shame if we didn't have an annual BBQ though.

I agree.

I don't understand why The Friendship Beach thing came off so well last year, and yet this year we are unable to duplicate.

It looks like the BBQ idea is going nowhere at present. Not having been to a TV event before I have no idea what it takes to organise but I am willing to offer my assistance.

I still say the Rawai Sports Club August 22, 3pm until the skipper kicks us out.

Huggybear, I'll go along with whatever decision the head Honchos make. I see no reason why it should not be as successful as the other events of past years. Can only put forward the idea of an informal meeting of those that are interested in getting this thing by the scruff of the neck, and there have been a few offering assistance. Say next Sunday, day or night, over a few coldies. If Aug 22 is the day, there is not excessive time left for successful planning. Watcha think ?

Huggybear, I'll go along with whatever decision the head Honchos make. I see no reason why it should not be as successful as the other events of past years. Can only put forward the idea of an informal meeting of those that are interested in getting this thing by the scruff of the neck, and there have been a few offering assistance. Say next Sunday, day or night, over a few coldies. If Aug 22 is the day, there is not excessive time left for successful planning. Watcha think ?

The poll shows only 18 members willing to come. I think if that were to get to 30 we could make a go of it.

This Sunday, maybe not good, the following better, then we can see if the numbers have changed and we'll decide on either an informal TV gig 22-8 or an official.

24 votes so far. I would think another 16 votes and we'd be looking at a fairly well attended event.

38 votes (and counting?). August 22 at 3 p.m.

Anyone'll bring kids along?

That's 38 total, I think we'll need 30 Sports Club Specific votes to make a go of it officially.

Otherwise we'll discuss an unofficial, but at that point we may have to instill a fee to cover expenses.

To be continued.........

24 votes so far. I would think another 16 votes and we'd be looking at a fairly well attended event.

38 votes (and counting?). August 22 at 3 p.m.

Anyone'll bring kids along?

That's 38 total, I think we'll need 30 Sports Club Specific votes to make a go of it officially.

Otherwise we'll discuss an unofficial, but at that point we may have to instill a fee to cover expenses.

To be continued.........

If an unofficial/fee paying event happens, count me back in also.

Even I don't know you are but it seems to be a good idea.

Members in the Pattaya sub forum did(or still doing?) a little meeting every Friday evening I think.

Just a simple get-together for a few drinks&food, chatting and networking.

Gerd

I was talking about this to 'ToTheBeach' the other night. (Didn't realise who he was - his place is one of my regulars.) How about we just name it as Saturday 8 August from 6.30pm. (Free BBQ provided.) Location is at Patong OTOP. I will provide specifics if there is any interest.

E: This suggestion is in addition to/separate from the event that huggybear is organising.

Edited by Ping

• 2 weeks later...
is this still happening?

...As the bright light of the full Moon glared down upon the desert floor, angry shadows from the rocks and crags of the surrounding hilltops struck distorted, fearsome shapes. A lone wolf could be heard yowling in the distance.

Get the message?

E: Sp

Edited by Ping