Train From Bangkok To Singapore

thaiaan

What would be the price for a train ride to Singapore with a room on board and what would be the price?How many hours would it take and is a room necessary?

Is it a nice way to see southern Thailand and Malaysia and is there any worries about terrorism?

What would be the price differential and time in transit difference between flying and taking a train?

In Singapore airport can I get a one-way ticket and flight to the US anytime of the day?

Thanks and did but got this:

Bangkok - Singapore by train:

There are no trains from Bangkok to Singapore, only Bangkok to Butterworth (Malaysia).

------------------------------------

Bangkok - Surat Thani (Koh Samui)

BY TRAIN (OVERNIGHT):

From Hua Lamphong station, you have to drop at Phun Phin station in Suratthani before taking a local bus to Don Sak port to take a ferry or a speed boat to Koh Samui.

Connect to Koh Samui - Once arrive at Surathani Railway Station, continue by Bus and Boat to Koh Samui Approximate travel time:

The journey takes about 10 - 12 hours (overnight).

Orient Express

Wife and I did this one year....very nice.

Yes,that was one of the first links I investigated.

Whew!Mucho dinero!

$2860-$5830 for 7 nights and $1730-$3620 for 2 nights is a lot for someone who just wanted to stop over in Singapore to open a bank account then continue on back to the states.

But if I win the lottery I will do it as well as cruise onboard the Queen Mary.

Edited by thaiaan

What would be the price for a train ride to Singapore with a room on board and what would be the price?How many hours would it take and is a room necessary?

Is it a nice way to see southern Thailand and Malaysia and is there any worries about terrorism?

What would be the price differential and time in transit difference between flying and taking a train?

In Singapore airport can I get a one-way ticket and flight to the US anytime of the day?

we travelled from singapore first class by rail to butterworth had a few days in penang then on by first classsleeper cabin butterworth to BKK cost per person with three nights Causarina hotel in Penang 225dollars australian on the return journey thai railways stopped the train at hat yai so we got a taxi to butterworth with taxi return journey cost 190 dollars australian, we enjoyed it so much we are doing it again in may, taking into account that my wife and I are disabled penioners we have no worries,go for it its a great experience, who needs Orient Express!! nignoy

Nignoy,

sounds good. I'd like to do that trip too and go the length of Java but info is very scarce about Indon trains, even Googleing it :o

I've taken the train from Yogyakarta to Jakarta. Not the best journey I've ever taken. The train was packed, and many of the other passengers made no secrert of the fact that they were very interested in my baggage. :D

But like many train journeys, it is a great way to see a beautiful country. The journey took about 13 hours if I remember right. Can't remember the price though.

djmm

If you can't find any info on Google can I suggest The Lonely Planet's Sout East Asia On A Shoestring Guide - I'm sure it had details abouit the Bangkok - Singapore train in it when I owned one previously.

In fact it has lots of useful information about travel in SE Asia in general and could even be a considered a good investment if you're considering travel in this region in general.

Alternatively, and if you just want a small amoutn of info, you could stand in your local bookshop and read a copy for 10 minutes and leave without buying it. You'd have the knowledge you're after and still have money in your pocket!

There is no DIrect Train Service from Bangkok to singapore.....

Bangkok-Hadyai-Butterworth(Penang) FRom penang you will need to board another train KTM TRAIN to Singapore....

But the best way is to Take Train from bangkok to Hadyai from hadyai take a bus direct to singapore only 12 hours from hadyai to Singapore////

cheers

tytus

There is no DIrect Train Service from Bangkok to singapore.....

Bangkok-Hadyai-Butterworth(Penang) FRom penang you will need to board another train KTM TRAIN to Singapore....

But the best way is to Take Train from bangkok to Hadyai from hadyai take a bus direct to singapore only 12 hours from hadyai to Singapore////

cheers

tytus

Easiest is; http://www.tigerairways.com/ 2000 baht and you're there in two hours and fifteen minutes.