Pattaya Floating Market.

PTYstefan

tourist trap in my books...

HAHA. I totally agreed with that, this place is nothing.

What. No beer bars or go-go's? Yes it's aimed at tourists but doesn't deserve being written off as nothing. I enjoyed walking round it a couple of times as did some visitors - yes tourists! - I took to see it. It was they who wanted to return for a 2nd visit so not nothing to everyone!!

• 2 months later...

I drove past today (Monday) in the afternoon. There were 5 or 6 tour buses double stacked at entrance 4 (?) the first one as you come down the road. A couple of mini buses as well. Looked pretty busy. There were signs for other parking lots, but I didn't slow down to check them out.

I'll stop by another day.

They must be doing something right, i heard the owners husband on a recent radio interview say that they have averaged 4000 visitors a day since it opened!!

Not hard to imagine really, i pass there 4 or 5 times a day and it is always busy, one of the most successful TOURIST ATTRACTIONS of recent times in Pattaya.

I counted 28 double decker tour buses there at one time on Sunday!

They must be doing something right, i heard the owners husband on a recent radio interview say that they have averaged 4000 visitors a day since it opened!!

Not hard to imagine really, i pass there 4 or 5 times a day and it is always busy, one of the most successful TOURIST ATTRACTIONS of recent times in Pattaya.

But did you count how many people on each bus?

I'm fed up of dodging around dozens of tour buses that are turning into Mikes each with only half a dozen people in them, not to mention the 300 baht buses with only 1 person on them.

But did you count how many people on each bus?

I'm fed up of dodging around dozens of tour buses that are turning into Mikes each with only half a dozen people in them, not to mention the 300 baht buses with only 1 person on them.

The buses were empty, all the passengers were in the floating market!! :)

went during the week, nobody there , load of rubbish, don't waste your time
went there about 3months ago with wife and daughter, had a great time, spent 3 hours,, with plenty of shops and food stalls, cost nothing to get in, which i must say surprised me, will go again on our next visit.

Interesting......must be talking about different places......or maybe different viewpoints, must say I find perousing's comment more helpful, but then I liked the place as well!