Airport To Sakaew

sakaew

Train is virtually free but painfully slow, probably almost 6 hours starting from Don Muang.

At a rough guess, I think a taxi should go for 2,000 baht or less. I'd be reluctant to pay more than that. May have to bargain/shop around a little though.

Edited by charles

The Aranyprathet bus stops at Sa Kaew. From Morchit it would be about 4 hours. From the airport you could get a taxi (less than 100 baht) to the bus stop opposite Future Park (see below), takes about 15 minutes, then depending on how long you have to wait for the Aranyprathet bus that would get you to Sa Kaew in about three and a half hours for less than 200 baht.

futureparkbusstop600x4505jo.jpg

Some good suggestions here.

Thanks.

BUT...I need to carry some large, heavy suitcases...which rules out public transport.

My pick-up is in Sakaew....so renting from Don Muang is not an option.

Taxi--or some kind of Hire Car is the way to go, I think

I went from central BKK to Sakaew last week for 1400 B (by taxi) and that was the day before Chinese New Year. I think you could go for 1200 B if you find the a taxi driver who will go. You will have to ask quite a few taxis at the airport before you find one that will go but you should be able to find one.