Spent Most Of Today In Suan Pluu Immigration

What a nightmare day i have had and its still not resolved.

I went to Laos to get a new visa on 14th and 15 May,........... since then i moved apartments and lost my passport in the move somehow.

Any way .......... I got my new passport yesterday and went to immigration today to get the visa put in my passport.

The immigration guys can see on computer that i left thailand on the 14th May.............. but there is NO RECORD anywhere of me returning on the 15th.

I got sent up to the 5th floor immigration office......... and they can not see how i got back in thailand.....and they are making it sound like its my problem!!!!!!!!!!!! .......... not being very helpful whatsoever........ They are scratching their heads at the minute trying to decide how to put the visa etc in my passport.

I was told to leave immigration and come back tomorrow when they should have some answers.

Any of you guys experienced similar ............ and what was the outcome????

Moved to the other visa forum.

Edit: Sounds like a problem with their computer system or it did not get entered when you arrived.

I assume you have no copies of your passport pages. That is why it is always a good idea to make a copy of them and your departure card every time you enter.

You will just have to wait and see what the results of their investigation is.

If you had a 2 entry visa the 2nd entry was lost with your passport.

Immigration will not do anything but give you new entry and permit to stay stamps.

I had a similar thing to me once upon returning from a trip to Singapore.

I entered OK from SG at the airport and all was fine, until I lost my passport in the Tsunami.

On getting a new passport I went to Suan Phlu so that they could do their biz, only to be told that I had to pay 20,000 (maxed out) baht overstay.....

As it turns out the numptie at immigration check in from SG forgot to enter me on the system. My wife had to go running about bangkok getting my flight details etc so as to get enough to prove that I was on the flight.

In the end common sense prevailed :) , but it really was a right kerfuffle.