What Are The Latest Thai Scams ?

Hermano Lobo

I do not hate Thailand, in fact I love it. Someone asked about scams, I replied with the scams that I know of. It doesńt harm to be aware of these. Be on your guard when stopped by police or stopping at a gas station, just want to make clear some caution is required when travelling in a country where people in some regions are less law abiding than in other regions. common sense.

these things has actually happened as explained by me by my Thai friends.

Edited by ingvar

No need to come up with new ones. The classic ones are still quite reliable.

1) Purple ink scam

2) The taking the burdens of society off of our hands and making them your own burdens scam.

:)

Latest scam by AIS.

I got the buffet line 499 and they charge me 4000 ++ extra for GPRS ...

(Their unlimited GPRS access is 999 baht.)

The explanation?

Sorry sir, you did not tick the 999 unlimited access so you have to pay 4000 extra.

should I pay these scammers ?

Latest scam by AIS.

I got the buffet line 499 and they charge me 4000 ++ extra for GPRS ...

(Their unlimited GPRS access is 999 baht.)

The explanation?

Sorry sir, you did not tick the 999 unlimited access so you have to pay 4000 extra.

should I pay these scammers ?

you should also have used your obviously superior education to read the terms and conditions before you approved the transaction.

the 4000 would be for time connected, again your own fault.

caveat emptor.

Edited by t.s

I went to Pattaya and was scammed into visiting a timeshare complex in Jomtien, I was pressurised by Farang salesmen, one even said I would not be leaving until I had signed some papers, I called my brother who came to collect me, of course, when seeing my brother, the very arrogant salesman walked away quickly.

Work permits should be inspected at these places, , It is a suggestion that has been forwarded to Immigration Police actually.

So, beware of Farangs selling anything, 99.9999999% are trying to scam you.

HEY NURSE JA,

Why would anyone who's lived here for any length of time be STUPID enough to get involved with any Farang selling anything here in Thailand ?????

That's a bit rough I would think I am a farang and lived here for a few years now and I am selling a product (trailers) is that a scam as well ?

4. At a gas station on your way out into the traffic, a crappy old car suddenly accelerates from a parked position nearby inside the gas station right up in front of you. If you are not very quick you collide and because you ran into him you are in the wrong. and of course calling police will not help as they are in on it and you are just a farang anyway. Nobody of the gas station staff gives a rat as they also get a commission.

so you just call your insurance company and they come and sort everything out, hows that a scam?

This is a scam I came across recently:

A farang will by chance meet a Thai woman at a innocent social event. She starts chatting to him, they get along very well, and one thing eventually leads to another and they marry and settle down to raise a family. Each day the husband goes to work and his wife looks after the house and family, making sure that he wants for nothing.

This process goes on for many years until the farang is old and in poor health. His loving wife continues to care for him and is devastated when he finally dies. She is partly consoled by the financial arrangements that the farang previously made for his widow and children.

I am still trying to work out the exact details of this scam, but clearly it sounds too good to be true. Beware!!

Simon

This is a scam I came across recently:

A farang will by chance meet a Thai woman at a innocent social event. She starts chatting to him, they get along very well, and one thing eventually leads to another and they marry and settle down to raise a family. Each day the husband goes to work and his wife looks after the house and family, making sure that he wants for nothing.

This process goes on for many years until the farang is old and in poor health. His loving wife continues to care for him and is devastated when he finally dies. She is partly consoled by the financial arrangements that the farang previously made for his widow and children.

I am still trying to work out the exact details of this scam, but clearly it sounds too good to be true. Beware!!

Simon

:) Good one Simon but don't you see...it's the children who are plotting to take all when the ol' folks finally croak!

Homepro - Specifically Hua Hin Branch (its the only branch I've bought something from)

Pay using your international Visa debit/credit card and they have their own Homepro exchange rates which is converted into your currency (on the receipt) - not favourably - This has only happened to me in this store.

Pay in cash if you can

Homepro - Specifically Hua Hin Branch (its the only branch I've bought something from)

Pay using your international Visa debit/credit card and they have their own Homepro exchange rates which is converted into your currency (on the receipt) - not favourably - This has only happened to me in this store.

Pay in cash if you can

i believe that making totally irrelevent posts is a cause for banning, and you will be dealt with very seriously by Herr Flick. :):D

What happened to the original topic? Ha ha ha ha, you guys don't like it then don't use the forum, you're adults, right? There's no one "controlling" you to be here. Goodness, grow up.

Vote with your feet people, start your own forum, wlak away from being controlled. This place is based on a clever registration of a domain name and the odd bit of info you can get from countless other sources. Look at the site itself, hard to look at, links for this that and the other scattered everywhere. "download our toolbar" so we can follow you round the internet.

Suggestion: Do as you say not as you do. bye bye now.

So where would you get all your Thailand related advise from, is there a better site available? If so please name them before this thread gets closed....

i dont think thats the point mate,

the point is that tv has become so detached from the people who matter (its members).

What I am saying is I agree, but get a lot of good advice here but still open to a good alternative with less petty moderation.

So where would you get all your Thailand related advise from, is there a better site available? If so please name them before this thread gets closed....

i dont think thats the point mate,

the point is that tv has become so detached from the people who matter (its members).

What I am saying is I agree, but get a lot of good advice here but still open to a good alternative with less petty moderation.

yep thats it, if i want to know a specific answer to something, like immigration etc i will ask here. but for a bit of a crack i go elsewhere. :)

I agree with the being left open on purpose reason - but only to give those enough rope to hang themselves - get banned and return under a new name to bitch about it, thus helping to raise membership numbers.

thanks for complaining.

I agree with the being left open on purpose reason - but only to give those enough rope to hang themselves - get banned and return under a new name to bitch about it, thus helping to raise membership numbers.

thanks for complaining.

so you dont think complaining will get anywhere? :)

What happened to the original topic? Ha ha ha ha, you guys don't like it then don't use the forum, you're adults, right? There's no one "controlling" you to be here. Goodness, grow up.

Bingo! Why argue about moderators? If a site has poor mods then that site will die. Moderators are just like every other field; there's the good, the bad and the ugly. There are rules for a reason. Break them and you are gone. It's like sitting down at a poker game where you know all the players are crooks. If you are willing to risk it then don't complain if you get stung.

If I have any complaint about this site it's with not being able to edit your own post if someone replies to it before you have a chance to go back and edit. A couple of times I've posted stuff that was a bit controversial and a short time later decided to change it... but wasn't allowed to because somebody had already jumped on me. I paid for it with a 2 day suspension and agreed to never break the rules again if I was allowed to return.

There are MANY ways to disagree without being disrespectful of others, or other points of view.

And, in getting back to the original question of the latest Thai scam... I can't think of any. It's the old case of a sucker being born every minute. It's a case of buyer beware... even if it's dealing with nothing but emotions. Nothing is for free and if it looks too good to be true then it probably ISN'T true.

This thread has run it's course as it has turned into a attack on moderating an Thaivisa itself. Therefor this topic is closed as discussion of moderating on the forums is not allowed. We will give several warnings and suspensions for this.

If someone has a problem or question about moderating he can contact a moderator so we can explain the situation. Sometimes we do make a mistake and we will try to correct it.