Michael Jackson

taurusguy

Plastic surgeons / playground..........plenty of options.

Really? I thought Rushed to the hospital lead to the obvious choice of Children's hospital jokes.

On a side note, to make it 3 Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon also died in the past few days.

He had a few good songs with the Jackson Five and one really excellent album (if you do not count the lousy song, "The Girl is mine") and a few more LPs that were very derivative of Thriller - with no real spark of creativity. He was good, but he got a lot more credit than he ever deserved. He was mostly in the right place at the right time.

A fan

When you grow up, will you be an air conditioner?

FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE, fan also means supporter, just in case you didn't know.

Please accept my apologies but, since MJ was just a hot air artist, I genuinely thought you were an electric fan.

Whats the discussion here??? seems to be about fans and airconditoners....come on guys its a tragic day

The death of Michael Jackson and others brings home the fact to many people here, that life for anyone can end in a single moment and age + money will not prevent it. Often, people that need to make jokes related to death are the very ones who fear it the most.

Michael Jackson was a very good entertainer and I'm sure he enriched the lives of many people.

Whats the discussion here??? seems to be about fans and airconditoners....come on guys its a tragic day

The death of Michael Jackson and others brings home the fact to many people here, that life for anyone can end in a single moment and age + money will not prevent it. Often, people that need to make jokes related to death are the very ones who fear it the most.

Michael Jackson was a very good entertainer and I'm sure he enriched the lives of many people.

Yes he was and I`m sure he will be remembered for many years to come.

Unfortunately many of these brilliant entertainers seem to be self destructive, such as Gary Glitter and others I could mention but can`t be bothered.

like him , detest him, acknowledge him, whatever, but he has made a mark on life for a whole bunch of reasons, some respectable, and perhaps some quite not so respectable, but history will always show that he made a difference to millions.

no doubt the writers are penning books as we speak,of why michael turned out to be what a lot of people thought, freakish, and no doubt some of the reasons may very well be true, who knows, only a few i would imagine

personally, a few good songs, the obvious ones, but never my 'cup of tea'

sad to see the way f. fawcet died.

He had a few good songs with the Jackson Five and one really excellent album (if you do not count the lousy song, "The Girl is mine") and a few more LPs that were very derivative of Thriller - with no real spark of creativity. He was good, but he got a lot more credit than he ever deserved. He was mostly in the right place at the right time.

i'd argue three excellent albums in off the wall, thriller and bad. and the jackson five stuff still sounds amazing today. he's never really been my cup of tea on a personality level (fiddling with kids notwithstanding) but his 70s and 80s output was pretty incredible.

not really sure why anyone would mourn him in chiang mai though, he wasn't the pope or anything. people die every day.

Unfortunately many of these brilliant entertainers seem to be self destructive, such as Gary Glitter and others I could mention but can`t be bothered.

I don't see how Gary Glitter and the word 'brilliant' could ever go together. The bloke (Glitter) is a complete tool with little talent.

I'm no fan of MJ but one has to appreciate the quality of the guy. He could learn a move in minutes what professional dancers took years to achieve and still do it better.

Doubtful there's anything going on in town, Op; you'd bet better off signing some sort of online book of condolence.

i'd argue three excellent albums in off the wall, thriller and bad. and the jackson five stuff still sounds amazing today.

You might very well be right, but the only LP that interested me - at all - was Thriller (along with the 45s by the Jackson Five), so I never considered him in league with the Beatles or Stones or Dylan who turned out a lot more exceptional material than he did. IMHO. :)

i'd argue three excellent albums in off the wall, thriller and bad. and the jackson five stuff still sounds amazing today.

I never considered him in league with the Beatles or Stones or Dylan who turned out a lot more exceptional material than he did. IMHO. :)

I agree with you. MJ was the David Beckham of music, an overrated artist.

Plastic surgeons / playground..........plenty of options.

If you think my OP was to poke fun on the legend, then you're wrong because your reply is not funny even if you think it was. Did he abuse you before?

i am with you, my post regarding 1 minutes posting silence is no longer available, why not let us see which of us choose to pay our respects to this icon

I don't see how Gary Glitter and the word 'brilliant' could ever go together. The bloke (Glitter) is a complete tool with little talent.

I'm no fan of MJ but one has to appreciate the quality of the guy. He could learn a move in minutes what professional dancers took years to achieve and still do it better.

Doubtful there's anything going on in town, Op; you'd bet better off signing some sort of online book of condolence.

I am certain that Sassienie was yanking our chains with that one--no one, with the exception of his Mum, could really take GG seriously--The Leader of the Pack, yeah sure.

~

And this relates to Chiangmai, or Thailand.. umm, how?

Is there a music or weirdo forum on ThaiVisa? Perhaps this belongs there, yes?

I am sure that the folks into teenybopper music will miss him but...

~

And this relates to Chiangmai, or Thailand.. umm, how?

Is there a music or weirdo forum on ThaiVisa? Perhaps this belongs there, yes?

I am sure that the folks into teenybopper music will miss him but...

'teenyboppers'? bloody hel_l dustoff, he hasn't made a decent record in over 20 years. anybody under the age of 25 probably only knows him as that weird, plastic-surgeried nonce.

You might very well be right, but the only LP that interested me - at all - was Thriller (along with the 45s by the Jackson Five), so I never considered him in league with the Beatles or Stones or Dylan who turned out a lot more exceptional material than he did. IMHO. :)

oh agreed, no way is he in the beatles / stones / dylan league. he's not up there with james brown or stevie wonder either. well over-rated and more famous for being a freak now than anything.

. . . [Mr. Jackson]'s never really been my cup of tea on a personality level (fiddling with kids notwithstanding) . . .

I believe (and certainly hope) that you meant to use there some other word or phrase than 'notwithstanding'.