Overstayone Day -no Big Deal?

One day is not a big deal. It will be a short delay for you to pay the 500 baht fine.

If you were leaving from an airport you would not pay the 500 baht they give a 24 hour grace period there.

What about 18 months over stay? :D Or two years and so on what do they do anyway.

I know someone in Hat Yai that says this to me but I am doubting

:)

One day is not a big deal. It will be a short delay for you to pay the 500 baht fine.

If you were leaving from an airport you would not pay the 500 baht they give a 24 hour grace period there.

That depends on how many times you do it, and the timescale involved between the overstays.

I had 2 X 31 day trips one year, and never bothered with any kind of pre-arranged visa for either.

First time i got the " :) " and a smile from the Immigration at the airport. Second time i got hit for 500 baht.

I can only assume there was a noting of the first overstay put on my file.

Penkoprod

What about 18 months over stay? :D Or two years and so on what do they do anyway.

The fine is 500 baht a day up to 20,000 baht. Normally not a serious problem at airport if you can pay and have ticket out but if found by police there could be jail time involved and deportation.

You pay an overstay fine of 20,000 baht fine when you leave.

There have been reports of people just going to the airport and leaving wth the amount of overstay you mentioned. Another one was for a 1000 day overstay.

But if you were to be caught with an overstay it could be a very different story.

That depends on how many times you do it, and the timescale involved between the overstays.

I had 2 X 31 day trips one year, and never bothered with any kind of pre-arranged visa for either.

First time i got the " :) " and a smile from the Immigration at the airport. Second time i got hit for 500 baht.

I can only assume there was a noting of the first overstay put on my file.

Penkoprod

I think you will find a little blue stamp in your passport in Thai with 24 as part of what is written on it.

It should not be to hard to find because it and the one where you paid 500 baht will be the only ones in Thai.

The fine is 500 baht a day up to 20,000 baht. Normally not a serious problem at airport if you can pay and have ticket out but if found by police there could be jail time involved and deportation.

that is what I told my friend he just laughs and say never mind my passport is expired too.

I think dangerous ground

that is what I told my friend he just laughs and say never mind my passport is expired too.

I think dangerous ground

It's double jeopardy. Overstay and no valid travel document two infractions of the immigration act.

Your friend is going to have big problems if he gets caught, not sure what will happen when he tries to leave since the passport is expired. Over staying as long as you don't get caught is not too bad. My friend overstayed one time 6 months. he and I went to Malaysia via train, immigration there was all happy to see him. They asked if he needed a receipt he said no he was their new best friend. Took him about 15 minutes to sign some paper work and pay the 20,000 baht.