Korat Province Declares War On Dengue

george

Province declares war on dengue

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- As dengue fever grips more than 17,000 nationwide, Nakhon Ratchasima, with nearly 200 patients and one death, has toughened control measures.

In Pimai district, Tambon Pimai Municipality officials fumigated houses and incubation grounds after continuous rainfall exacerbated the dengue situation.

Provincial health official Dr Wichai Khattiyawittayakul said yesterday the province's 32 districts had seen 192 patients from January 1 until June 24, a ratio of 7.49 per 100,000 population, and one patient had died.

Those aged 10-14 suffered most, and Pak Thongchai district, which borders forest, had the highest number of patients, he said. Physical examinations have been begun.

The Disease Control Department reported that from January 1 to June 27 there had been 17,138 dengue-fever patients nationwide, a ratio of 27.04 per 100,000 population, and 16 deaths. In the past week, the nationwide number of patients increased by 1,550, said Wichai.

Key symptoms are 2-7 days of high fever, headache and muscle pain and red spots on body, arms and legs. Some also suffer nausea, vomiting and lack of appetite. In severe cases patients may enter shock and if not soon treated can die, he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-06-28

I rarely get bitten, just one bite last year, had dengue for 4 weeks+ till I finally felt normal. Its evil.

You have my sympathy. I had it a couple of years ago and it was no fun. It was however over in 5-6 days.

How come you had it for that long (if that question is to personal just tell me to f... off :) )? 

Not sure about the other guy,

but I had it for a pretty long 3 weeks, no clue why.

Really bad and debilitating, if not causing me to be house bound, for 2 solid.

I felt the nagging cyclical fade away for nearly 5,

and I didn't feel myself during most of week 5.

I think some versions might be a bit stronger depending on region.

Thankfully this is not the hemorrhagic version we have here.

Edited by animatic