Type Of Stamp In Passport

I've just lost my passport and in the process of getting a new one.

I had a non-im o-visa that, from what I've been told on here, can't be transfered to the new passport. Obviously immigration will need to stamp the new passport, stating the date I'll need to leave by.

My question is what will that date be? In 15, 30, 60, 90 days time? The date I would have to be leaving on if I hadn't lost my passport?

Also, if they can't transfer my old visa, does anyone know if there's any other kind of visa I can apply for? - the longer the better (I'm not married to a Thai).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good news about the tourist visa. Is it a fairly painless process? Any idea about the time it takes or is there anything important I should know? - I'm thinking Vientiane.

Ubonjoe, you gave me some good advice but it wasn't about the stamp, it was about the visa.

Thanks

Okay not me but lopburi3 did.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane. It may even be free. It would give you almost 6 months without getting a new visa by extending each 60 day entry at immigration for 30 days..

It is no problem to get it just a copy of your passport photo page, 2 photos and a completed application form.

Apply morning of one day and get it back the next afternoon.

See the Vientiane visa topic on the first page of this forum for more info.

Edit: Link to topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

A 3 entry is no better than a 2 entry because it will only have a 90 day enter before date. Meaning you have to use all 3 entries within those 90 days. Unless you used one by doing a border run instead of going to immigration for your first extension.

"You can get a double entry if you want. Tourist Visas are now free."

I thought the info regarding the latest round of free visas specifically said they were free for one entry.

Has that been changed or proved to be wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Free tourist visas between June 25, 2009 and March 2010

BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): -- Continuing its efforts to expedite the revival of the Thai travel and tourism industry, the Royal Thai government has agreed to exempt the fee for tourist visa applications, effective 25 June 2009 to March 2010.

All foreigners who apply for Tourist Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates-General worldwide will be exempted from tourist visa fee from 25 June 2009 to March B.E.2553 (2010).

Such arrangement is for Tourist Visa single entry only.

-- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangkok 2009-06-24

Edited by TerryLH

They said the same exact thing the last time but Vientiane was giving free 2 entry visas. If you look at my post I said may get it free because we have had no reports yet about what Vientiane is doing this time.