Bike Auction

prepress

Just some information for those who want to buy a cheap small motorcycle. Maybe members know already:

Today by visiting 'Red Baron' I found about 2 km on the same side a large hall of good second hand bikes for auction.

The security guard gave me a leaflet in Thai and English and told me there are Friday and Saturday public auctions.

The location is excactly opposite Carrefour on Ramkhamhaeng Rd. (same road as 'Red Baron,) and here is their webside

http://www.sia.co.th/

helmut

Just some information for those who want to buy a cheap small motorcycle. Maybe members know already:

Today by visiting 'Red Baron' I found about 2 km on the same side a large hall of good second hand bikes for auction.

The security guard gave me a leaflet in Thai and English and told me there are Friday and Saturday public auctions.

The location is excactly opposite Carrefour on Ramkhamhaeng Rd. (same road as 'Red Baron,) and here is their webside

http://www.sia.co.th/

helmut

thanachart bank is a major financier of m/bike and car contracts and in isaan and bkk and probably anywere they are located they have momthly auctions selling of repo's

in the case of cars , if you think there is a quid in buying and reselling , the answer is i doubt it ,but you may pick up a good deal for personal use , but its a trade market not for amauters

with motorbikes they have a reserve attached to the bike and late 08 they were selling at on av.about 500 bt above reserve ,early 09 it was down to 100 or 200 bt in udon thani. the reserve it seems being the outatanding contract amount and if the deposit initially was say 20000 bt on 35000 and the bike is less than a year old , its a good buy and they are there .

so you can buy now or wait a while till your specified ideal bike comes along at the right price every month , cash on purchse or within 7days , check the selling conditions first for any extra charges , particularly for cars

Does anybody know anything about Bike auctions in Chiang Mai? I know that the police have taken away a lot of unregistered big bikes and the plan was to register them and then auction them off. When are where would that take place? Obviously this "plan" will take a long time to go through if not forever but they must still auction bikes somewhere around here. Anybody know?

Does anybody know anything about Bike auctions in Chiang Mai? I know that the police have taken away a lot of unregistered big bikes and the plan was to register them and then auction them off. When are where would that take place? Obviously this "plan" will take a long time to go through if not forever but they must still auction bikes somewhere around here. Anybody know?

My understanding is that most of the confiscated bikes were returned to the owners once the papers were sorted and palms greased. (That's certainly what happened in Pattaya). If you're in Chiang Mai why not go ask at the provincial HQ? Address was posted on the GT rider forum a while back along with many pics of confiscated bikes.

My understanding is that most of the confiscated bikes were returned to the owners once the papers were sorted and palms greased. (That's certainly what happened in Pattaya). If you're in Chiang Mai why not go ask at the provincial HQ? Address was posted on the GT rider forum a while back along with many pics of confiscated bikes.

Dont think I'd like to ride around town on a previously confiscated bike from that SAME TOWN.

That sounds dangerous to me !

Dave