Wallpaper

Scrubber

I'm thinking about wallpapering my lounge and was wondering if anyone out there knows of a place in Chiang Mai with a decent selection of wallpaper.

Also, can anyone recomment someone to do the job?

Thanks in advance TVers.....

Edited by Scrubber

I'm thinking about wallpapering my lounge and was wondering if anyone out there knows of a place in Chiang Mai with a decent selection of wallpaper.

Also, can anyone recomment someone to do the job?

Thanks in advance TVers.....

I've never been to Chiang Mai, however there are shopping centers there? A Home Pro perhaps or equivalent? Walk around, there will be a section of Home Pro or area of the shopping center where the vendors will specialize in this type of stuff. The source will usually provide installation as well as part of the cost of the wall paper. Tell your TG what you're after and it will all come together.

Home Pro and Index both have good selections and will also bung it up for free if you buy enough - something like 10k's worth. Index seems to have the edge on quality and selection plus has free coffee and nice totty :)

Home Pro and Index both have good selections and will also bung it up for free if you buy enough - something like 10k's worth. Index seems to have the edge on quality and selection plus has free coffee and nice totty :)

You're right ! Home Pro and Index or go to some shop about curtain. They always have service for wallpaper. :D

• 3 months later...
hi...I'm looking for curtain shops... which area has the most???

Not sure which area has the most, but I can recommend the place I used. It's on the left just before you get to Tesco Lotus heading towards Hang Dong. Sorry I can't remember the name, but there's only one curtain shop in that row. It's run by a young couple and they were very helpful, quick and (I think) reasonably priced.

With both wallpaper and curtains it's well worth shopping around.

- Two years back we curtained a whole house in Bangkok. First quotations gave me a heart attack, then as we checked deeper we found many small lower profile stores with good quality fabrics at a fraction of the price.

- Also wallpapered a condo here in Bangkok. We looked at a lot of nice patterns etc., at home-pro but the price to do the whole condo was frightening. Then my son found some other sample books (not offered by the salesgirl) in the back of their display cabinet. Also good quality and nice designs at maybe just one third of the first prices.

I was quite concerned about the installation and I monitored the work very carefully from the moment they started. First crew did a disgraceful and completely unacceptabe job and we dismissed them before they finished even one room. Luckily, the second crew did a good job.

- Two years back we curtained a whole house in Bangkok. First quotations gave me a heart attack, then as we checked deeper we found many small lower profile stores with good quality fabrics at a fraction of the price.

- Also wallpapered a condo here in Bangkok. We looked at a lot of nice patterns etc., at home-pro but the price to do the whole condo was frightening. Then my son found some other sample books (not offered by the salesgirl) in the back of their display cabinet. Also good quality and nice designs at maybe just one third of the first prices.

I was quite concerned about the installation and I monitored the work very carefully from the moment they started. First crew did a disgraceful and completely unacceptabe job and we dismissed them before they finished even one room. Luckily, the second crew did a good job.

Best wallpaper and curtain shops in Chiang Mai are IS Curtains on the road behind Index. Super selection and good service. They also hang the wallpaper when you buy it from them. They have an amazing selection of good quality stuff and they've done our house, which we were delighted with. Same company as IS babies, home decor etc.

Best wallpaper and curtain shops in Chiang Mai are IS Curtains on the road behind Index. Super selection and good service. They also hang the wallpaper when you buy it from them. They have an amazing selection of good quality stuff and they've done our house, which we were delighted with. Same company as IS babies, home decor etc.

And the owners (of Indian descent) speak perfect English. :)