Overweight Traffic Police To Shape Up - The 'wow Police' Project

HagenvonTronje

Overweight traffic police to shape up

BANGKOK, 1 July 2009 (NNT) – Metropolitan police and a fitness center have arranged a ‘Wow Police’ project, a mission set to shape up and lose weight of overweighed traffic police officers within eight weeks.

Metropolitan Police Chief Police Lieutenant General Worapong Chewpreecha presided over the opening ceremony of the project yesterday. He elaborated that the project was cooperated by ‘California Wow Experience’, a well-known fitness center in Thailand and aimed to urge police officers to be healthy and reduce their stress from traffic work.

In this project, 250 overweight, and pot-bellied traffic police officers will be selected into the program to exercise and control their diet within eight weeks with a mission to lose at least five kilograms of their weight. The police officer who can reduce the most weight will win special reward. โครงการตำรวจฟิต พิชิตไขมัน

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 1 July 2009

article here

Thanks for the laugh. :D This type of crap has happened before.

What the Police chief should really work on is adjusting the attitudes of some of these guys, nobody gives a dam_n about their wasteline. :)

Edited by neverdie

i think they should have a standard rule that they get suspended until they lose the weight if they get over weight. they did that in my home town to get rid of all the donut eaters that took the tax payers money to sit on their butt all day. Who needs cops that drop dead from heart attacks if they try to chase any one.

i think they should have a standard rule that they get suspended until they lose the weight if they get over weight. they did that in my home town to get rid of all the donut eaters that took the tax payers money to sit on their butt all day. Who needs cops that drop dead from heart attacks if they try to chase any one.

Is that a new high speed interceptor they are riding in the picture?

Funny how this one picture symbolizes the progress of the police dept. I think they should use it on promo material with a "Moving Forward" caption.

Edited by losworld

Southeast Asian bone structure is different from that of farang. At the same BMI No. the Thai will have more fat blubbler. BTW, do you know that the police uniform has zipper in fron to the shirt? The buttons are for the show only, there are small hooks for the button flap. It's supposed to be ill fitting. The young ones can wear it but itcertainly is not designed for the pot belly.

Southeast Asian bone structure is different from that of farang. At the same BMI No. the Thai will have more fat blubbler. BTW, do you know that the police uniform has zipper in fron to the shirt? The buttons are for the show only, there are small hooks for the button flap. It's supposed to be ill fitting. The young ones can wear it but itcertainly is not designed for the pot belly.

Ok and i dont use BMI its an outdated concept. Too much wrong with it to start with.

Thanks for the extra info on the bone structure. I actually dont know much about the police because i dont come into contact with them often.

What is the better concept to measure body? Thank you.

There are calipers that measure skinfolds and then you can get an accurate estimate of the fat percentage.

There are scales that measure the resistance a current must go through your body. Im not a fan off this but some ppl say that great advances are made since i last used them.

You can dip your body in water and then measure the overflow (the best and is only done in labratories)

Things that are wrong with BMI

- Muscle weighs more then fat.. so if you start o exercise your bmi could actually go up. Many muscular ppl have a high BMI while they are not fat at all for instance

- There are ppl with almost no muscle but a lot of fat the so called skinny fat persons they have a low BMI but are still too fat and its dangerous.

Overweight traffic police to shape up

BANGKOK, 1 July 2009 (NNT) – Metropolitan police and a fitness center have arranged a ‘Wow Police’ project, a mission set to shape up and lose weight of overweighed traffic police officers within eight weeks.

Metropolitan Police Chief Police Lieutenant General Worapong Chewpreecha presided over the opening ceremony of the project yesterday. He elaborated that the project was cooperated by ‘California Wow Experience’, a well-known fitness center in Thailand and aimed to urge police officers to be healthy and reduce their stress from traffic work.

In this project, 250 overweight, and pot-bellied traffic police officers will be selected into the program to exercise and control their diet within eight weeks with a mission to lose at least five kilograms of their weight. The police officer who can reduce the most weight will win special reward. โครงการตำรวจฟิต พิชิตไขมัน

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 1 July 2009

article here

Wow!!..And i was of the impression that TEA had zero calories and was good for you...

Makes me surmise that these chubby ones must be spending all their TEA MONEY on something else. :)

What is the better concept to measure body? Thank you.
There are calipers that measure skinfolds and then you can get an accurate estimate of the fat percentage. There are scales that measure the resistance a current must go through your body. Im not a fan off this but some ppl say that great advances are made since i last used them. You can dip your body in water and then measure the overflow (the best and is only done in labratories) Things that are wrong with BMI - Muscle weighs more then fat.. so if you start o exercise your bmi could actually go up. Many muscular ppl have a high BMI while they are not fat at all for instance - There are ppl with almost no muscle but a lot of fat the so called skinny fat persons they have a low BMI but are still too fat and its dangerous.

OH thank again. I tried that scale at the gym but havd not follow the change the are too noisy and is not attractive for regular visit. I should get manual on that fat measuement by caliper.

Many dont look that fat.. at least i dont see it. Ok the one on the treadmill looked fat on the bikes most are not that fat. Not as fat as the average pattaya farang anyway.

But the fatties of Pattaya wave their wallets first and their truncheons 2nd.

No need to be fit enough to chase anything except a beer :)

Many dont look that fat.. at least i dont see it. Ok the one on the treadmill looked fat on the bikes most are not that fat. Not as fat as the average pattaya farang anyway.

No need to be fit enough to chase anything except a beer :)

Cant argue with that logic.

No need to be fit enough to chase anything except a beer :D

Cant argue with that logic.

After too much beer the pattyfatty's truncheon doesn't function.

:)