Herbal Shop, Sleeping Tablets

doppa

Valerian root drops used to help me alot, but even herbs should not become too much of a habit.

Valerian Root is useful, but it it needs to be taken regularly for about a month before it kicks in - if it does.

Melatonin is useful in regulating sleep pattern but is sometimes difficult to find. It is freely available in USA but illegal in the UK - I'm not sure on Thailand's stance. (However if you look on the shelf of the store next to Boots in Kad Suan Kaew, you just might see some there).

Anything stronger, just go to the hospital, see a doctor and tell him you are desperate and need to sleep - you should be able to get something for about a month, but use with caution as dependency occurs quite quickly.

There is a group called 'Brain Sync' that puts out alpha wave inducing, relaxation n healing music n sounds that mimic your own brain's rhythms while relaxed, in deep sleep, and/or in higher modes of thinking. I put this stuff on my stereo or headphones n it sends me to another place rt away. A couple of the albums really give me crazy vivid and amazing dreams too.

If you torrent, you can search for key words like 'sleep' 'relaxation' 'brainwave' 'chakra' and 'healing.' That's a good start with that.

I'm all for pills, but admittedly this is a brain related thing, so why not try to regulate the brain and induce good brainwave patterns naturally and drug free ? There is serious science behind alot of this and the tracks will blow your mind, without any tolerance effect building up, or any hangover either. I even have one of What they call 'theta' waves - it just sounds like static and a radio clicking on n off, but it relaxes me and puts me to where I can read, write, concentrate, whatever I need to do. It goes straight to the brain on a deeper level. I feel lucky to have stumbled on this. I hope you or others get turned onto it too.

And I'm not talking all wavy gravy here either. The proof's in the pudding. Check it out.

uptheos.

are you for real ?.

assuming you are an older ferang with some knowledge of thailand ?

you can walk into ANY pharmacy ANYWHERE in THAILAND and ask for ANY sleeping tablet you want , wheather it be for a long flight or you cant stand the soi dogs barking all night any more.

you can buy them NO problem !

Valerian Root / Melatonin... uhh ? .. go to a doctor .... my a#se .

walk into any pharmacy near where your staying ... tell them what you want / what your problem is

and your problem problem solved ..... instantly.

Valerian Root / Melatonin / doctors ? .... dream on !

ask your local pharmacist and your problem will be solved ... dave2

There is a group called 'Brain Sync' that puts out alpha wave inducing, relaxation n healing music n sounds that mimic your own brain's rhythms while relaxed, in deep sleep, and/or in higher modes of thinking. I put this stuff on my stereo or headphones n it sends me to another place rt away. A couple of the albums really give me crazy vivid and amazing dreams too.

If you torrent, you can search for key words like 'sleep' 'relaxation' 'brainwave' 'chakra' and 'healing.' That's a good start with that.

I'm all for pills, but admittedly this is a brain related thing, so why not try to regulate the brain and induce good brainwave patterns naturally and drug free ? There is serious science behind alot of this and the tracks will blow your mind, without any tolerance effect building up, or any hangover either. I even have one of What they call 'theta' waves - it just sounds like static and a radio clicking on n off, but it relaxes me and puts me to where I can read, write, concentrate, whatever I need to do. It goes straight to the brain on a deeper level. I feel lucky to have stumbled on this. I hope you or others get turned onto it too.

And I'm not talking all wavy gravy here either. The proof's in the pudding. Check it out.

Yo, RTD. I'm listening to Moby's Hotel album, and smoking a Lahu cheroot.

Maybe I need to get on a new track.... :)

If you don't want any nasty benzodiazapenes and the addictive properties that come with them, then go and get the antihistamine-based sleep inducer called Sominar. The generic name for it is doxylamine sulphate and it's fairly potent but without any of the hangover symptoms that come with Valium. Everyone's favourite pharmacy on Rachadamnoen (first one on the left as you come down from the gate) stock it and it's fairly inexpensive. I've used it on and off for a long time without experiencing any dependency. I can go months on end without taking one.

Siamea Cassia is a Thai herb that promotes drowsiness but it's believed to be toxic to the liver if taken for long periods. You can buy it from many outlets that sell Thai herbal supplements such as the Aden shop, Baan Suan Pak, the Vegetarian Society and that vege restaurant on Suthep Road (not Krayatip that stays open late but the other one before it that closes mid-afternoon). Just don't take it more than a month without a break for at least a month again. Sporadic usage is fine I believe.

dave2

Of course you can buy benzo's in many pharmacies. However, it sounds as if you are another of those obnoxious, permantly pissed farangs, whose daily dose of local xanax and cheap Chang has really started to take its toll, and maybe not everyone wants to drag themselves down to your level.

Good luck with your recovery programme, I can see you're not handling things very well. :)