Sponsor-letter

You want to sponsor somebody, perhaps for a non-imm B?

In Hong Kong you meet all the Philippina maids, especially on their day off, Sundays, in the Central district. All of them need a sponsor's letter (by their employors) to get a Visa. Below such a letter, my friend claims it was really sent, I believe him.

If you want to adapt this to Thailand, why not. But can we expect enough humour by the officials?

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED IN HONG KONG......

THIS LETTER WAS REALLY MAILED TODAY !

I JUST LOVE IT !

Immigration Department,

Immigration Tower,

Wanchai, Hong Kong

Hong Kong, 18 - 9 - 2003

Dear Sir, Madam,

I, xxxxxxxxxx, have signed a renewal contract with our

helper Francisca xxxxxxxxx, and it may thus not come as a total surprise to you that I do support her continued stay in Hong Kong.

I also enclose a bank statement to show you some of my earthly belongings. For a civil servant and heavy contributor to the SAR government's deficit, this is certainly small change, but it should suffice to show that we will not have to sit begging in the street  (on rainy days at least).

Please also accept the said bank statement as proof that I do live at the stated address (when not on one of my begging tours, that is). And if you still cannot trust me, or simply feel bored in the office, just come to visit us; -don't forget to bring a nice gift!

Yours very sincerely