Today's Best Thaivisa Topics‏

SantiSuk

It's a little annoying when you are trying to skim through the best of TV to be directed to a thread that has a couple of postings and then a moderator's posting closing the thread (as being against TV rules).

Maybe it's because the closure of the thread happens after the collation of 'Todays best Thaivisa topics'? In which case I guess I understand, but the collator clearly doesn't have the same understanding about likely censorship as the moderators.

The example I refer to today is the thread about some American professor in Chang Mia university being arrested

It's a little annoying when you are trying to skim through the best of TV to be directed to a thread that has a couple of postings and then a moderator's posting closing the thread (as being against TV rules).

Maybe it's because the closure of the thread happens after the collation of 'Todays best Thaivisa topics'? In which case I guess I understand, but the collator clearly doesn't have the same understanding about likely censorship as the moderators.

The example I refer to today is the thread about some American professor in Chang Mia university being arrested

Why was he arrested ?

Why was he arrested ?

Allegations of underage molestation.

The link to the topic is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/American-Tea...-M-t278011.html

Based on many similar threads and cases over the years, it is Thaivisa's policy to post these threads for the information of our members, but then close them.

The reason for this policy are the strong emotional reactions from posters as well as the tendency for rumour spreading.

In all cases where it has been attempted to let the threads run, unfortunately they quickly turn into exercises in thinking up the cruelest possible punishment for the accused, and then ensuing flame wars.

We are sorry it has to be this way, but it is not a policy that is going to change.

As for the original question, I am not sure how the 'best topics' are compiled exactly. I will get back with an answer on that.