Ji-net Any Good?

Andyman

Just about had enough with MAXNET i am now calling daily and as in all the other posts about MAXNET nobody calls back or it will take 2 weeks to repair.

I know they will expect me to pay them for the next two weeks, but as i have learnt over time here nobody really cares or listens so no point in getting wound up about it.

Anyway my question is would i be jumping out of the fring pan and into the fire by switching to Ji-NET or is there service reliable?

I have a TOT telephone line so i am limited to certain packages.

Apreciate any feedback.

I switched from Maxnet's Premier 5 Mbps "service" to J-Net's cheaper 2Mbps Netcafe service a couple of months ago. The J-Net service is actually faster and is certainly more reliable.

However I still get connection problems, and this is where J-Net really shines over Maxnet. English speaking help desk staff who actually know what they are talking about. When they say they will call you back, they do. Sometimes they have to contact TT&T to do something to the line. Then they will follow up with SMSs to advise progress, and will call to check that everything is fixed. Even the Maxnet engineer calls me more than he used to, under pressure from J-Net. Excellent service.

I switched from Maxnet's Premier 5 Mbps "service" to J-Net's cheaper 2Mbps Netcafe service a couple of months ago. The J-Net service is actually faster and is certainly more reliable.

However I still get connection problems, and this is where J-Net really shines over Maxnet. English speaking help desk staff who actually know what they are talking about. When they say they will call you back, they do. Sometimes they have to contact TT&T to do something to the line. Then they will follow up with SMSs to advise progress, and will call to check that everything is fixed. Even the Maxnet engineer calls me more than he used to, under pressure from J-Net. Excellent service.

I think i might change then, i guess Maxnet will eventually get there act together but when? seems to me (and the Maxnet engineer strongly hinted at this) that they are massively over subscribed and the quality of service is reflecting this.

Do i need to give Maxnet notice or can i tell them to get lost as they are not providing me with the service i am paying for?

I paid the latest bill and cancelled from the end date of the bill.

True to form, they invoiced me for the month after I had cancelled. I went into the shop to query and they said "ignore it, throw away the invoice", so I did. I have since had an automated telephone message telling me I have an outstanding. I have ignored that too. Useless.