Evaluate My Photo

aeon

I love the blur of the traffic in the back but unfortunately the soldier and sailor have been neglected for too many years. I cleaned them up with a free add on to Aperture.

post-41235-1247120153_thumb.jpg

Sorry I didn't clean up my photo some - no time now.

Your picture is great.

Edited by jukapot

• 2 weeks later...
It was fine before cleanup.

Cool shot. I like it.

The statues look like they were African military and they were not fine before clean up. They were dirty and a little lightening was proper from my prospective.

I agree with Canuckamuck the photo seems washed out if you remove the only darkest area. Also I think the dark and dirty textures of the statues enhance the contrast with the washed spinning bg, making them stand out, and giving more depth.

I agree with Canuckamuck the photo seems washed out if you remove the only darkest area. Also I think the dark and dirty textures of the statues enhance the contrast with the washed spinning bg, making them stand out, and giving more depth.

Great pic, what was the kit new lens?

Great pic, what was the kit new lens?

Is a cheap EFS 55/250mm IS from Canon, overall is a nice light lens to carry around.

Nice photo, great sense of movement in there.

So much movement that I almost expect the guy in the centre to drop his bomb.

I prefer the original it looks far better, the cleaned one has been way overlightened in a very non-precise manner.

Nice photo, great sense of movement in there.

So much movement that I almost expect the guy in the centre to drop his bomb.

I prefer the original it looks far better, the cleaned one has been way overlightened in a very non-precise manner.

the movement is created by the parallax because of the bts train going around the monument, I had to shoot different photos and different shutter speed to get it done.

Was the shot hand held. or on a tripod?

I like the blur, sets off the figures nicely.

Pity the monument is so badly maintained.

it was hand held but I had my left hand against the glass of the train door and with the same hand keeping stable the camera :) , it helps a bit with longer shutter speed.

Edited by aeon

• 2 months later...

As I first looked at the shot I liked the concept a lot, but I thought it needed to have the statues brightened just a bit to see a little more detail. The edited version does it for me. But, I acknowledge that it had to start with a great shot to begin with! :)