Live Rugby League

In grudging acknowledgement of their success at Leigh Village, and perhaps an endorsement of Alcoholics Anonymous' view on our ability to stop once we've started, I'm off for another Tiger out the refrigerator.

Two weeks to go till the Rhinos meet the Tigers at Wembely Wembelleee, where apparently Arsenal have beaten Man City in the Community Shield.

Notwithstanding the sporting highlight of the weekend, the Jambos 2-1 injury time winner against the Huns at Ibrox.

SC

• Like 1

come on cas.looks like beddy bys.1pm.sat.or sun.hope to catch the replay,R.L.that is,not that other crap.

watching both games leeds to good for warry,cas are too strong although widnes not playing well.

45mins cas leading 14nil.cas has just scored its 20nil.

nothing live as the athletics are on till gone 3am.but they did advertise h.k.r.vs wigan 12.45pm.fri.

game of mistakes,and unfair refereeing by Richard silverwood this surprised me as I like him.

well up until the last 10mins.wigan was loosing 14-4,then they scored,14-10 with 5mins to go.

then the f-in power goes off.score ?

nothing live as the athletics are on till gone 3am.but they did advertise h.k.r.vs wigan 12.45pm.fri.

game of mistakes,and unfair refereeing by Richard silverwood this surprised me as I like him.

well up until the last 10mins.wigan was loosing 14-4,then they scored,14-10 with 5mins to go.

then the f-in power goes off.score ?

I've not seen the game, but I read the report on the BBC.

Silverwood is one of my favourites - from one of my earlier reports - a season-end game for the League leaders shield, I think

"... Tomkins is flattened, and referee Silverwood just laughs..."

Anyway, I can tell you that the match report is here. Unfortunately the headline doesn't capture the full suspense and drama...

Three cracking Warrington games coming up to the end of the season - Huddersfield, St Helens, and Leeds.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

leeds need a result at London bronco's otherwise its saints title.

tomorrow 9pm.thai time.

silverwood must have had a bellyful before the game,because it was blatent holding down by wigan throughout the first half yet he failed to punish them.

Edited by meatboy

leeds need a result at London bronco's otherwise its saints title.

tomorrow 9pm.thai time.

silverwood must have had a bellyful before the game,because it was blatent holding down by wigan throughout the first half yet he failed to punish them.

You couldn't really plan it any better... Saints have Leeds next week, then Warrington.

Leeds play Saints and then Wigan

and Wigan play Warrington on the last Thursday of the regular rounds.

"Chortling with glee and anticipation" doesn't even come close...

Add into the mix the warm-up to the Challenge Cup Final - the first round of the Asian Sevens, from Hong Kong in the other code, and what more could you ask for?

SC

Well if that doesn't make you chuckle with happiness then there's something wrong with you - perhaps you're a Leeds fan

London Bronco's perseverance finally pays off - " most of the players don't actually know the words to any victory songs."

It must be great to be one of the elite 1,268 people who have seen London win this season

SC

Well if that doesn't make you chuckle with happiness then there's something wrong with you - perhaps you're a Leeds fan

London Bronco's perseverance finally pays off - " most of the players don't actually know the words to any victory songs."

It must be great to be one of the elite 1,268 people who have seen London win this season

SC

well sc I got to admit up until now I hadn't bother to look at last weekends results.

the L.B.BEATING LEEDS to record their first win of the season.

and the B.B.winning aswell.

ok.bb.not a shock but London bronco's beating leeds,so that's saints title eh.

SC

well sc I got to admit up until now I hadn't bother to look at last weekends results.

There's still three weeks to go, and four points separating 1st from 5th in the table.

Saints still have to play Leeds and Warrington, Wigan play Leeds and Warrington, and Warrington play Saints and Wigan, so a lot of key matches still to go. Saints' points difference is the worst of the three of them, I think.

Warrington's first game is against Huddersfield, Widnes play Wigan, and I think Saints play Leeds right after the Cup Final... The Warrington games are all currently scheduled for Thursday night, so they should be televised.

SC

SC

There's still three weeks to go, and four points separating 1st from 5th in the table.

Saints still have to play Leeds and Warrington, Wigan play Leeds and Warrington, and Warrington play Saints and Wigan, so a lot of key matches still to go. Saints' points difference is the worst of the three of them, I think.

Warrington's first game is against Huddersfield, Widnes play Wigan, and I think Saints play Leeds right after the Cup Final... The Warrington games are all currently scheduled for Thursday night, so they should be televised.

SC

that will be the cruncher saints vs leeds.when?

I watched the game in Sid's, with a friend who is an ex-Castleford Juniors player. To try and recover from the result, we had a bit too much degaussing fluid, so I'd better watch the recording again...

SC

same happened to me,as cas were getting beat the john kepplers was disappearing,woke up during the break at 16-4 then second half saw the leeds try and that was it.woke up to the watts show,empty cans allaround.

saw the whole game yesterday.leeds played rearly well with 5-6 players outstanding with hall getting m.o.m.award.

I watched the game in Sid's, with a friend who is an ex-Castleford Juniors player. To try and recover from the result, we had a bit too much degaussing fluid, so I'd better watch the recording again...

SC

same happened to me,as cas were getting beat the john kepplers was disappearing,woke up during the break at 16-4 then second half saw the leeds try and that was it.woke up to the watts show,empty cans allaround.

saw the whole game yesterday.leeds played rearly well with 5-6 players outstanding with hall getting m.o.m.award.

Ryan Hall well deserved man of the match, his tries were excellent

As well as the excitement of Superleague, as the season draws to a close, we also have the drama of theHarry Jepson Trophy to look forward to, Scottish champions Aberdeen Warriors host Jarrow Vikings, while Welsh amateur champions Bridgend Bulldogs host Gloucestershire Warriors

What a climax to the season!

SC

Selamat Merdaka to all my Malaysian neighbours. Eurosport has chosen to show some pish American tennis instead of the Leeds - St Helens game - possibly the decider for the League Leaders' Shield....

Saints are three points ahead as they travel to Hedingly - what will be their advantage when they come back along the M62? Two more games after this will resolve the placings for the play-offs, but at the moment, four points cover the top six teams.

Ray French and Allan Rooney are at Hedingley already, but we are suffering somewhat from schizophrenia as we find ourselves also at Widnes for the game against Wigan as well as this game.....

SC

And Saints score from an early penalty from Mark Percival.

Then Leeds attack the Saints line, it looks like a Saints scrum but the referee judges the ball to have been ripped out, and Leeds have a penalty attacking the Saints' line - and another penalty for offside, and Kevin Sinfield elects to kick for the posts

And that brings the scores level, while in Halton Borough, Widnes are 8 - 0 up against Wigan!

And Hedingley erupts in cheers on all sides as Allan announces "Widnes 14 - Wigan Nil!"

Jamie Jones-Buchanan is pulled up inches short on the last tackle, and Saints breathe again.

Mark Percival is down - clash of heads with Joel Moon - or was it a shoulder? The referee thinks so, and Joel Moon leaves the pitch - as does Mark Percival, who needs somewhat more help. Good old Richard Silverwood...

Edited by StreetCowboy

And a penalty for holding down gives Leeds a chance to take the lead, despite a man disadvantage.

AND LEEDS HAVE SCORED A TRY!!

Liam Sutcliffe scores in the left corner, and Sinfield makes it 10 - 2

And I can tell you that Wigan have scored twice to trail 14 - 10

Tommy Mackinson takes the ball quickly, beats Zack Hardacre, and Saint Helens win a penalty.

The referee generously gives Leeds another penalty for ripping, and Sinfield lines up for another two points....12 - 2 at half time to Leeds, despite a man disadvantage

And as the second half starts on Merseyside, Ptrick Ah Van muscles Josh Charnley off the ball after a grubber through, and comes back to drop on the ball to score at the start of the second half. Danny Tickle strokes the ball through to make it 20 - 10...

... but back to Allan and Ray at Hedingley...

The game ebbs and flows, Saints have pressure but can't make it tell, and a Kevin Sinfield 40 -20 gives Leeds an attacking position, forcing a Saints drop out

Now Leeds are forced to drop out, as Zack Hardacre fields the ball behind his own line, as Saints attack positively, but Leeds still lead 12 - 2, with a quarter of the match to go. But Louis McCarthy-Scarsbrook pops up, as he has popped up all over the field, this time in goal with the ball in his hand on the ground to score a try, and Jordan Turner kicks from five metres to the outside of the post "I cannot believe that, Ray" ":oooh - he's missed it! A lot of pressure on Jordan Turner there, and he's missed it!"

Edited by StreetCowboy

Hello , David.

Saints receive the ball but Leeds bundle them into touch, while Widnes stretch their lead to 24 - 10

Leeds are tiring as we come into the last 12 minutes, and Saints get a 40 - 20 attacking scrum, and get to within a metre of the Leeds line, and Roby has scored! Hasn't he? Has he? "That;s a try, Ray" "Does he put it down short, Allan?" "That's a try, Ray".

And that's the scores levelled with less than ten minutes to go.

Saints attack and Lance Ohaiha kicks a drop goal to take the lead for the first time 13 - 12

And Widnes close the game out 24 - 10 to win at home against Wigan... who'd have thought it?

Meanwhile 17,000 still rapt at Hedingley with three and a half minutes to go and Saints holding on to a one point lead over 12-man Leeds

And there goes the hooter - Saints have won by a point, and surely that is the League Leader's Shield going to Langtree Park, with Saints on 38 points, WIgan on 34, Warrington and Huddersfield on 33, and Leeds on 32 along with Castleford, who have a game in hand

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

thanks for that sc.all we got for the next 2weeks are flipping replays,euro sport showing rudy tennis on 2sports channels.

rugby league,top 14 French rugby,and the athletics all replays.

its only the judo keeping me sane,mind you I loved that comedy show on thai tv. mkd vs ?

Penultimate round of the NRL on in Australia this week-end.

Melbourne vs Sydney should be good tonight.

The Broncos vs StGeorge played last night was a cracker.

Someone from the Broncos was sent to the sin-Bin for 10 mins and after the game, he got an apology from the Ref for the Ref's mistake for sending him there for a professional foul in the first place.

thanks for that sc.all we got for the next 2weeks are flipping replays,euro sport showing rudy tennis on 2sports channels.

its only the judo keeping me sane,mind you I loved that comedy show on thai tv. mkd vs ?

Watch the two replays this weekend - two cracking games

Warrington v Huddersfield and Leeds - St Helens.

That Leeds - Saints game was a bit of a late one, though. I was surprised Ray French was able to stay up till 4 am to watch it. I never saw him in Sid's earlier in the evening, though.

SC

Watch the two replays this weekend - two cracking games

Warrington v Huddersfield and Leeds - St Helens.

That Leeds - Saints game was a bit of a late one, though. I was surprised Ray French was able to stay up till 4 am to watch it. I never saw him in Sid's earlier in the evening, though.

SC

I must have killed a cat,so looking forward to the top 14 French game on 1.30pm.telle goes off 11am.oh well better now than later,what a flipping statement didn't come back on till 6.15pm.

so I had to turn to the amber necter[thatchers gold] what a great nights sleep.should do it more often.tongue.png

I'm sat here with the Saints - Warrington game on Astro from Thursday night, and the Malaysia Sevens live on Youtube, and I can hardly contain myself, chortling with glee and rubbing my hands to boot. The only way this could be any better would be if I didn't know the result of the game at Langtree Park.

I'm deliberately not checking the Wigan Leeds result before that game gets shown tomorrow.

On Sunday, Castleford face Wakefield; a Castleford win will keep them in the chase for the League Leaders' shield...

SC

On Sunday, Castleford face Wakefield; a Castleford win will keep them in the chase for the League Leaders' shield...

SC

Is that Sunday Thai Time or UK time?

what happened to the saints sc.cant wait to see that one,one more day and that tennis is finnished.

david the above match is 21-30 thai time.

could that be the score aswell.biggrin.png

SC

what happened to the saints sc.cant wait to see that one,one more day and that tennis is finnished.

Castleford scrape through against a spirited Wakefield side to keep the League Leader's Shield race open

St Helens 38 pts

Castleford 36 pts

One match to go...

St Helens play Huddersfield Castleford travel to Perpingnan to meet Catalns

and Warrington play Wigan for third (or maybe second) place....

Chortling with glee and anticipation and rubbing my hands to boot scarcely describes it!

SC

SC

Castleford scrape through against a spirited Wakefield side to keep the League Leader's Shield race open

St Helens 38 pts

Castleford 36 pts

One match to go...

St Helens play Huddersfield Castleford travel to Perpingnan to meet Catalns

and Warrington play Wigan for third (or maybe second) place....

Chortling with glee and anticipation and rubbing my hands to boot scarcely describes it!

SC

• Like 1