Grand Condotel Pattaya

Heng

This is a question for owners in the main tower. Grand Condotel (directly across the intersection of the Thepprasit-Thappraya T-junction), not Jomtien Condotel. Any idea on the current value/buy/sell price (I know hardly anyone ever sells here, hence it's hard to find info to compare it to) on the 2 bedroom, 2 bath units (feels like around 120-140 square meters; haven't seen the chanote yet) -the middle units in the main tower-, mid-levels between floors 10-14? Looking to trade one of my Bangkok condos with a family member's condo there and looking to guage how good this deal is. Also curious about the maintainence fee per square meter and any other comments regarding the pools, tennis courts, and other facilities. Not really looking to profit as it's kinda of a friendly barter trade of convenience, fees split 50/50. Will probably do it, as I live in Pattaya more than Bangkok nowadays, just would like to do the rough numbers as well.

:)

Edited by Heng

If sea view is important to you then check out the land between Grand and the sea as The Regatta condo was to be built in that strip but I'm not absolutely sure whether it was in front of Grand or Jomtien Condo.

The Regatta land has since been sold on I beleive but there may be a plan to build a condo on it in the future.

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't look like there is enough land to build between Grand and the sea. Yes, it's important but more important is that it's close to my house. I know it's a really old project, run down in some aspects, but otherwise perfect for me location wise. The problem is there isn't much data out there as it's one of those sold out long time ago projects with the old (ancient) sales prices irrelevant now.

:)

AFAIR, Regatta was to be built in front of Jomtien Condotel, not Grand. At the same time, though, I read that there are some issues regarding the land between Grand Condo and the beach - no idea what these are.

I looked at Grand Condo a few years back and it was quite pricey for those days. I think since they built VT5C withing spitting distance of Grand, the value of condos on the south side must have plumetted, possibly affecting the whole condo. I also looked at the village behind the condo, and that's much, much nicer to be honest. You can use the condo facilities, but have much more privacy, and peace and quiet.

BTW, has anyone noticed that they are digging a VT-sized hole on the strip of land between VT7 and VT5? I can't believe in the current cliamte that even VT would be daft enough to start building another two blocks of Soviet-style concrete cells there - would they?

I blieve your right Guderian, Regatta was to be in front of Jomtien Condotel but it would have spoilt some of the views from Grand looking North anyway, and may still do if the new land owner develops the plot.

Is regatta going to be built or not. And somebody said the land that regatta was going to be built on has been sold on. I have not looked as this plot for a year or 2 so an update would be nice

AFAIR, Regatta was to be built in front of Jomtien Condotel, not Grand. At the same time, though, I read that there are some issues regarding the land between Grand Condo and the beach - no idea what these are.

I looked at Grand Condo a few years back and it was quite pricey for those days. I think since they built VT5C withing spitting distance of Grand, the value of condos on the south side must have plumetted, possibly affecting the whole condo. I also looked at the village behind the condo, and that's much, much nicer to be honest. You can use the condo facilities, but have much more privacy, and peace and quiet.

BTW, has anyone noticed that they are digging a VT-sized hole on the strip of land between VT7 and VT5? I can't believe in the current cliamte that even VT would be daft enough to start building another two blocks of Soviet-style concrete cells there - would they?

I heard that this was supposed to be a fun fair / theme park sort of development, anyone else hear that?

Lenny, we must drink in the same bar because I heard the same thing (yep, that guy in the pub again). But he also told me that it was to be an Avalon Beach Resort type of development (or Dor Shada in Na Jomtien) consisting of 3 buildings. Dor Shada is part of the View Talay family you might want to note.

Other things I heard off the same guy;

- Kebab Emporium

- Bingo Hall

- Indoor Adult Entertainment Centre.

If forum members had a choice, what would you want to see built on the land (given the choices above)? I might do a separate thread with a poll on this one.