Thai Michael Jackson Impersonators

Michael Jackson RIP.

We love you.

In his memorial service, he was called more than the King of Pop. He was called the best entertainer the world has ever known.

Clearly his posthumous handlers are trying to build up an Elvis type legacy for him.

So the question is, will we soon see Thai Michael Jackson impersonators at entertainment venues across Thailand? If not, why not?

Or is this still only going to be an Elvis thing?

post-37101-1247038962_thumb.jpg

(Please no trash talk about MJ, take that somewhere else if you must, he is dead now, and he was never convicted of the crimes so many people associate him with.)

Edited by Jingthing

Michael Jackson RIP.

We love you.

In his memorial service, he was called more than the King of Pop. He was called the best entertainer the world has ever known.

Clearly his posthumous handlers are trying to build up an Elvis type legacy for him.

So the question is, will we soon see Thai Michael Jackson impersonators at entertainment venues across Thailand? If not, why not?

(Please no trash talk about MJ, take that somewhere else if you must, he is dead now, and he was never convicted of the crimes so many people associate him with.)

I have never been caught for some of the crimes I have committed, but I did break the law nevertheless.

His legend is unchallenged, but he had some suspect practices, love or loathe him. I guess like all legends

Michael Jackson RIP.

We love you.

I think we can see Michael Jackson as the modern day Elvis, in as much that when Elvis died, there was no 24 hr news,

Internet, Twitter, Face book etc, so the magnitude might seem out of proportion now but had this all been available in 1977,

we would have seen the same. Personally, I don't watch all these Elvis inpersonators but they give pleasure to many.

It probably WILL happen with Michael Jackson too but it will take awhile before many learn the moonwalk!

I asked a friend's sister [15 years old] who had written a msn display name saying "Rest in peace MJ, I love you." FYI - She has never listened to MJ's song or even has no idea who exactly he is.

I do think Elvis is more popular in Thailand as though there are some Elvis clubs...big groups of people celebrate his burpday and death day.. they also dress like him and sing his songs. They are crazy about him.

For MJ, some Thai know him, perhaps like him not like a big fan

...Elvis thing, because to manage MJ dancing movements is not possible without embarrassment, because he is the unchallenged master in that kind of movements and you know that, Jingthing.

Yeah, I do think Elvis is easier to impersonate than MJ. MJ was more talented overall. To imitate Elvis especially as his music style is much more dated, is kind of a camp exercise. Perhaps MJ's music and moves will become more of a retro camp thing over the decades, time will tell. I do think most Thais know BOTH Elvis and MJ though. They are both pretty universal.

Another convenient thing about MJ, you can be pretty much any skin tone and imitate him at least at some point in his long career.

Edited by Jingthing

Elder Thais, appr. 40+, know Elvis, while all Thais from appr. 10+ know MJ.

And to imitate Elvis, you just have to dress like him plus haircut and then try to act like him while the music is playback.

BUT with Michael that would be a much more difficult challenge because he is a dancing and performing master.

Jingthing, make me a favour. Stand in front of your mirror and try with most concentration to imitate first Elvis and then Michael...thank's for that, old friend.

Edited by Birdman