Sand Creek Golf Course Directions?

L&J

:) Did find the following directions-looks like the beginning of a wonderful adventure. If I don't return

please follow these directions until you find me. :D

Find Sand Creek by taking the old Sankampaeng road out of the city, until you reach the traffic lights in Sankampaeng village. Turn left, and follow the winding road for quite some distance until you find the course on the right hand side.

Sand Creek Massacre was when Colonel Chivington and his "bloody third" regiment savagely killed and mutilated 150 to 400 Cheyenne (and Arapahoe I believe) Indians, mostly women, children and the elderly. They then proceeded to parade back into Denver displaying the genitalia (among other displays of "conquest") on their hats, saddles and sticks. A significant event in the genocide of the American Indians. Any indigenous person, US citizen (with a proper education) and anyone who values human rights should be offended by this name. Though I guess you could argue it is an arbitrary name to describe the course. In my opinion it's an insensitive choice. I would never go to a place with this name. Just my two cents to add to the general nitpicking of TV.

Sand Creek Massacre was when Colonel Chivington and his "bloody third" regiment savagely killed and mutilated 150 to 400 Cheyenne (and Arapahoe I believe) Indians, mostly women, children and the elderly. They then proceeded to parade back into Denver displaying the genitalia (among other displays of "conquest") on their hats, saddles and sticks. A significant event in the genocide of the American Indians. Any indigenous person, US citizen (with a proper education) and anyone who values human rights should be offended by this name. Though I guess you could argue it is an arbitrary name to describe the course. In my opinion it's an insensitive choice. I would never go to a place with this name. Just my two cents to add to the general nitpicking of TV.

Ok. but I guess this would not be taught outside of US schools. Certainly was not in the UK, nor I expect in Thailand.

Iain

Good guess. :) Maybe that's why I felt like I needed to share. Certainly us worldly folks should take interest in histories other than our own. I mean, nearly everyone knows the "holocaust" but no one group has a monopoly on that word. Most US citizens don't know about Cambodia, or Cromwell's campaign in Ireland for that matter (since you brought up the UK). Most US citizens don't even know about the history of their own country.Actually it's not taught in most American public schools, I happen to have a degree in American Indian studies. Think about it, who typically writes history? I don't profess to know about all of the genocides/holocausts/ethnic cleansing in the world but I think it is imporant to know. Hence, I posted. Thanks for reading!!!

With that line of reasoning, I guess we should not eat "Eskimo Pies" because the word "Eskimo" is offensive to the people of the North. (Most call themselves Inuit). In any case, I'm sure that vestalfleck was just making a history point rather than actually suggesting for people to boycott the golf course.

Very strange as I never expected this to come up but after being involved with

Native American culture and history for my adult life I kept referring to the

Sand Creek Golf Course as Sand Hill Golf Course. The association with the Sand Creek massacre

was forcing me subconsciously to come up with the wrong name. Found it odd that someone else

made this connection.