Bread-anyone?

uptoyoumyfriend

came back recently from overseas and brought along an appetite fro a nice loaf.

where to?i live in serapi but will travel.i know carrefour has it but it is far and a little overpriced.

any other suggestions? thanks-i am sure they will rain down on me here pretty quick.

where to?i live in serapi but will travel.i know carrefour has it but it is far and a little overpriced.

any other suggestions? thanks-i am sure they will rain down on me here pretty quick.

Meals on Wheels is delivering French Bread from the French Bread Collection. If you think Carefore is expensive you might drive there after getting the bill for a baquette 55 Baht and 70 Baht for delivery = total price 125 Baht. At 55 Baht the bread is pricey but it is really good.

JJ's wholegrain breads are great for sandwiches and their croissants are excellent for this part of the world and only 15 baht each.

Baan Suan Pac, the health food store near the President Hotel, makes wholewheat bread and banana bread for health freaks and she also makes organic peanut butter and fruit jam that is immediately refrigerated to prevent any kind of spoilage.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sarapi is not far from Rimping near the Duke. Plenty of nice bread there.

thanks everybody-

obviously there is jj, kasem and rimping,i knew that,there is also lotus.

but they all share the lack of something in the product that makes bread really delicious. even the little place near cm gate that mekes really nice croissants.

i will try to find that german baker in serapi,however a phone number would have been great since it is not easy to find anything by the address alone. but i will try.and i if i strike gold i will post it here

i will try to find that german baker in serapi,however a phone number would have been great since it is not easy to find anything by the address alone. but i will try.and i if i strike gold i will post it here

It's about 6/7 kms from Saraphi City.

Take the road to the Ping River/Ban Tawai/Hang Dong. About 200 m before Wat Pha Dua and the bridge on the Ping River (you cant' miss that one), take the small road on your right. Go for about about 1 km, you'll see the sign (J & S Bakery) on your right hand side. The bakery and the baker's house are down below. He also has fresh beers.

Edited by MonsieurHulot

Try Hideaway, just off Hangdong road. A small range of tasty breads baked on site, and at reasonable prices. I particularly like the Seven Grain loaf. Enjoy!

To find Hideaway, go down the Hangdong Road from Airport Plaza junction heading away from town, looking out for the Siam Commercial bank on your left (largish mirrored box!) and turn left immediately before it. Follow this residential Soi for a few hundred metres and you will see Hideaway on your left.

Since you spoke of a 'loaf' of bread, uptoyoumyfriend, this may be different from what you are seeking, but Buonissimo makes (and sells) a superbly delicious foccacia that is an excellent companion for cheese, salami and other such items.

Take the road to the Ping River/Ban Tawai/Hang Dong. About 200 m before Wat Pha Dua and the bridge on the Ping River (you cant' miss that one), take the small road on your right. Go for about about 1 km, you'll see the sign (J & S Bakery) on your right hand side. The bakery and the baker's house are down below. He also has fresh beers.

BREAD AND BEER!

now you're talking - i will find it fer sure-thanks again--uptymfr--