Learning Muay Thai In Bangkok?

Hello,

When I arrive in Bangkok I would like to learn Muay Thai. I'm not looking for a camp but would like to attend a class once or twice a week.

I will be a beginner. Could anyone point me in the right direction and give me a hint on what the price might be? In the UK it is about £15 a lesson, will it be this much in Bangkok?

I guess a class for English people or Farangs would be best.

Thanks.

it depends where you stay in bangkok

you'll be able to train at 1 of the camps as you wish and can just attend 1-2 times a week for private lessons you could pay anything from 2-500 for 1-2 hour private class but it's best to say what you want to do first, explain that you're a beginner and what you want to focus on..technique/fitness? lol if you say fitness then they may try & have you running/skipping and bouncing on the tyres for 30 minutes lol this is good training and does get you fit but if you are starting from scratch then it'll just zap your energy and you wont be as alert or able to enjoy the technical side of the training as much

plenty of gyms that train with westerners though, some are big & some small but they're all over bangkok so find 1 that's easy to get to from where you're staying

chok dee

I only now one place just past Soi 22 walking towards Soi 23 about 50 mtrs there is a side lane and you can see the building from sukhumvit rd.

If you get to perfect pizza you have just missed the lane.

some one who lives round that area might be of better help with directions.

colino

the one on Sukhumvit past soi 22 is Chakrit Muaythai school would be ideal I think for what you are looking for, more based around westerners wanting to learn at all levels than a hardcore fighters gym. It's in washington square just off of the main road past soi 22 going up towards emporium. On Silom there is a new gym run by an Australian guy called fighting spirit gym which would also be suited towards a beginner

google the Bangkok Fight Club on Soi Thonglor , Sukhumvit Soi 55 .

Muay Thai classes every Monday , Wednesday and Friday starting at 6 pm. beginners friendly. you should check it out

Thanks, looks good. More expensive than London though! Not sure I will afford it on a farang wage.

Do they do the classes in English or in Thai?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a few weeks into doing Muay Thai at True Fitness at Asok. Think I'm paying about 700 baht an hour though (it was a package), so will probably move to the soi 22 gym once it's finished.

The difference in fitness after a just few weeks have been noticed by many people, which was the main aim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello,

When I arrive in Bangkok I would like to learn Muay Thai. I'm not looking for a camp but would like to attend a class once or twice a week.

I will be a beginner. Could anyone point me in the right direction and give me a hint on what the price might be? In the UK it is about £15 a lesson, will it be this much in Bangkok?

Thanks.

my friend like the classes offered at boxer-rebellion because not only is the instructor top class( and super cute)

they have a great teaching style

one does so much more than just be told to hit a bag and do exercises one could do at home

and , not only do they teach muaythai, but also old style thaiboxing, called muay, something or other... cannot recal now, and also french savate

( the founder of boxer-rebellion was the youngest european to fight and win in thailand back in the early 80's and claims he was able to do so thanks to his skills in savate, which is like french kickboxing)

Theres a great friendly scene going on there

I am not going to take thaiboxing as I am told its not so good for self defence, but I have seen them work out and it looks great for a intense workout

oh yes, they have a website too

boxer-rebellion.net

Hello,

Thanks.

My wife can slap you around for free ..... and yell at you in Thai ..... see if you really like it before enrolling