Quick Flight From Bangkok To Get 30 Day Visa

Now that the 15 day regulations are in effect, I find I need a 30 day visa. Is it possible to fly out cheaply and back the same day with no issues? If I go to Laos, will they then take a full page for my passport? What is the best place to do this trip? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks. I have thought about that. I thought about Laos but have been there before and enjoyed it. Do they take a full page in the passport?

Also, does Phnom Penh offer the dual 60 days entries? I know I can get that in Laos but what about Phnom Penh?

If you're worried about the pages in your passport, you could fly to Phnom Penh with a Cambodian e-visa and get a tourist visa there I believe.

For an e-visa you need a credit card - pay on line and they e-mail the visa back - get 2 copies printed (1 in 1 out) and all you end up with in your passport are the date stamps - easy peasy - $25. I don't think they do e-visas in Laos? There is a $25 exit charge from PNH.

Having said all that (and I got one and used it myself only last week) I've just found the link is broken and then I found this http://www.cambodiaevisa.com/

Is there really a scam afoot? If it's true then perhaps others here should be warned?

A travel agent in PNH offered to get me a tourist visa for $5 last week (that was for a Cambodian - don't know if they'd charge barang more). The $5 was just for nipping up the road with your passport, which presumably you could do yourself. There was no mention of any admin' fee as mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks. I have thought about that. I thought about Laos but have been there before and enjoyed it. Do they take a full page in the passport?

Also, does Phnom Penh offer the dual 60 days entries? I know I can get that in Laos but what about Phnom Penh?

You'll waste a full page for your visa and money for the visa if you go to Laos or Cambodia (don't know about the e-visa for Cambodia). You best option and probably the cheapest would be to fly to Penang. You'll end up with only an entry and exit stamp from Malaysia. You could also compare the cost of flights to KL and Penang and choose the cheapest. You'll have more flight options if you fly to KL.

Edited by tropo

Now that the 15 day regulations are in effect, I find I need a 30 day visa. Is it possible to fly out cheaply and back the same day with no issues? If I go to Laos, will they then take a full page for my passport? What is the best place to do this trip? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I good few years ago I flew with TG to Singapore. I got stamped through immigration and entered Singapore, checked back in and caught the same plane returning to Bangkok. It's cutting it fine with about 1 hr or so between landing and departure, so you might have to pick your flights depending on 'lay over time', but due the the frequency of flights to Singapore the prices are more competitive (I think at the time I paid about B5000), there are more promotions and if you miss your returning flight you will not have long to wait for the following flight. Get it right and its about 5.5 hr turn around BKK to BKK.

Unless the rules have changed, with that you should get your 30 day stamp.

I would fly to KL Malaysia. airasia , small entry and exit stamp, but the problem you might have is flying one way back to LOS with just a visa on arrival. some airlines will not except passengers that do not have a valid onward ticket out of LOS within the 30 days.

colino

You'll waste a full page for your visa and money for the visa if you go to Laos or Cambodia (don't know about the e-visa for Cambodia). You best option and probably the cheapest would be to fly to Penang. You'll end up with only an entry and exit stamp from Malaysia. You could also compare the cost of flights to KL and Penang and choose the cheapest. You'll have more flight options if you fly to KL.

If you use the e-visa for Cambodia you do not use a full page - done it 5 times now.

BTW, If , as it sounds, the OP is now going for a Tourist Visa, then of course he doesn't need to fly if he doesn't want to i.e. the original reason for flying was the 15 day rule for land crossings.

AirAsia are cheap but buses are cheaper if cost is an issue. Up2U.

If cost of travel is a real issue, you can take the 22 hour train ride from Hua Lamphong station in BKK to Penang. 1,200 baht for a sleeper. I don't know about visa issues in Penang consulate though, or time required to get a visa there.