Health Professionals To Get “unstoppable” Swine Flu Vaccine First

george

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please indicate where: "Hi-so Thais To Get “unstoppable” Swine Flu Vaccine First" originates from and what was TV's purpose in 'shaping' news?

The way I read the OP article, it was written by John le Fevre (maybe exclusively) for ThaiVisa? I can't answer your other question.

LaoPo

Perhaps the blog/photo-journ is busy researching the apparent many missing bodies from the 'happy' Songkran Thai new year?

http://photojourn.wordpress.com/2009/04/16...e-at-din-daeng/

and:

http://photojourn.wordpress.com/about-me-contact-details/

Thankfully, the TV topic title has now belatedly been 'shaped' a bit less 'opportunistically'...

Still, having a photo/bolg/journ basically copy, paste and alter bits of news (with zero accreditation to authentic source but credited to self and forum) and then submitting it as original, researched 'NEWS' in concert with TV is 'perhaps' somewhat disingenuous and opportunist, khrap? :)

Edited by baht&sold

>>Doctors, nurses and people in high-risk groups will be the first to receive vaccination against the A(H1N1) influenza virus when supplies become available, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Thursday.<<

>> Government Pharmaceutical Organisation director Vithit Attavejchakul said the two million doses would be given to three groups - the first, physicians, nurses and other health personnel; the second, people with chronic and congenital diseases; and third, the country's top executives.<<

Writer: BangkokPost.com

Published: 16/07/2009 at 05:32 PM

Perhaps in some people's minds "the country's top executives" are not Hi-So, but they're hardly the most at risk - the poor, the ill, or those with pre-existing ailments that make them more likely to die from pandemic A(H1N1).

The distribution of the first shipment of pandemic A(H1N1) vaccine will include "the country's top executives". Obviously they are considered a high risk group, as defined by the PM: "Doctors, nurses and people in high-risk groups".

As for Baht&Sold, the UDD and the PAD, as well as the current and the former government have both been subject to criticism in articles that I have written and which have been published outside of Thailand and that also appear on my blog. To cherry-pick any article, or to point to comments left by readers elsewhere in this forum regarding a story that has nothing at all to do with politics shows your real intent.

I don't think it's that top execs are considered high risk, but rather that just as health care professionals are necessary to the functioning of the health system, the gov't has decided that that particular group needs protection as a safeguard against potential catastrophic effects on the business and the economy.

I also think it's a bit of a leap to cast all top execs as 'hi-so' as that term - at least in Thailand - implies more than wealth alone. The main focus of the story, however, is health care personnel, which is why I changed the topic title. The execs were the last to be mentioned (and in most reports, not mentioned at all) and thus obviously a lower priority than the health-care folk.