Jomtien Bound Baht Buses From Pattaya Tai

Jingthing

From the replies above, it appears that the B10 fare will take you from Pattaya Tai as far as Chaiyapruek. What is the fare if the bus continues farther? Say, if going to Metro Jomtien Condo, or all the way to the end of Jomtien Beach Road?

Yes, the fare would be 10 baht IF they go as far as Chaiyapruek. They will often try to stop the bus thing before then and try to convert to a taxi by stopping the truck and asking where you go. Once they do that, you are usually talking 100 baht to go further, or you can just get off at that point.

From the replies above, it appears that the B10 fare will take you from Pattaya Tai as far as Chaiyapruek. What is the fare if the bus continues farther? Say, if going to Metro Jomtien Condo, or all the way to the end of Jomtien Beach Road?

Yes, the fare would be 10 baht IF they go as far as Chaiyapruek. They will often try to stop the bus thing before then and try to convert to a taxi by stopping the truck and asking where you go. Once they do that, you are usually talking 100 baht to go further, or you can just get off at that point.

Sometimes it is a lottery how far the Baht Bus goes. Yesterday for example, I was alone and it travelled beyond Soi Chayapreuk; that is rare though. Maybe the driver was on his way home.

Most times the Baht Bus wants to do a U turn at Sai Chayapreuk.

If the bus is empty except for one farang they do sometimes stop the bus and get out and say 'Where you go'; I always hope that a few Thais stay on board then this doesn't happen. It used to make me really mad, but it is never more than 10 minutes additional walking to Soi Chayapreuk.

Take a note of the number of the Baht Bus and report it on Thai Visa. I notice women drivers and very old men drivers don't do this.

If you want to go to the end of Jomtien Beach Road; I would get off at Chayapreuk and offer an extra 50 baht; or else there are motorcycle taxis on the corner of Chayapreuk who will take you to the end for 40 Baht.

Edited by syd barrett

I try to do regular walks for exercise and on the stretch between Chaiyapruek and the end of Jomtien Beach Road, there always seem to be plenty of baht buses, although that's a very unscientific survey. Maybe they're not ones that participate in the taxi queue originating at Pattaya Tai?

What would be the proper fare if I jumped on a baht bus mid-way, say around Metro Jomtien condo, and rode to Pattaya Tai or the new Central shopping mall on Second Road?

If you want to go to the end of Jomtien Beach Road; I would get off at Chayapreuk and offer an extra 50 baht; or else there are motorcycle taxis on the corner of Chayapreuk who will take you to the end for 40 Baht.

The trucks will want 100 baht for that.

What would be the proper fare if I jumped on a baht bus mid-way, say around Metro Jomtien condo, and rode to Pattaya Tai or the new Central shopping mall on Second Road?

10 baht; some drivers may push for 20 the closer you get to or past Pattaya Klang