Lenovo Netbook S12

quiksilva

Im looking for a netbook, this will be mostly used for mobile surfing, checking email, doing some light work, power point presentations, as well as watching movies, and some light gaming (older games), when away from home. Its got to be light, it has to look 'the part' (using it in client pitches) and I don't want to spend too much on it.

The new lenovo S12 looks like it will fit the bill, it has a new Nvidia ION graphics card, but the lenovo dealers at fortune hadn't even heard of it (its been on sale in US for about a month), and the guy couldn't give me a date on when it will reach Thailand, so any guesses on when it might make it over here or any decent alternatives that you can think of?

Budget should be in the region of 20,000 Baht .

I think that d0ndela can answer your question better.

In my humble opinion, it is worth to wait for the release of Windows 7.

BTW, the S12 looks dandy and specs are good. But, I afraid it will be around THB 30K at first.

I'm affraid I can't give you any qualified guestimate.

We tried contacting the ones of our distributors who are pushing Lenovo, and as with most other cases they are completely incompetent and can't answer any questions. They can sell the products they have in stock, but that's about it :)

I will try to keep an eye out for it though, and can give you a holla when I know more.

As for price, I doubt that it will be starting as high as 30k, if you look at the US prices: S10 is $359 and S12 is $429 that's only about 20% more for the S12. Now the S10 can be had in Thailand for ~16k today, so 20% on top is just below 20k. This is just guessing, but let's hope it's the way it will be.

Edited by d0ndela