Cockroaches

scorecard

My condo building suddenly has a severe cockraoch problem.

Normal spray bought from supermarket (many different brands) doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Any members have any other ideas / experiences to share on how to get rid of them, please

Any advice appreciated.

Normal spray bought from supermarket (many different brands) doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Any members have any other ideas / experiences to share on how to get rid of them, please

Any advice appreciated.

I use "Chaindrite 1" Crack and crevice spray, kills termites, cockroaches, ants & powder post beetles. (thats what it says on the can, and when I spray the cockroaches, they kinda go apesh&t, flip over and start peddling their legs wildly, and then they're done).

Any advice appreciated.

I use "Chaindrite 1" Crack and crevice spray, kills termites, cockroaches, ants & powder post beetles. (thats what it says on the can, and when I spray the cockroaches, they kinda go apesh&t, flip over and start peddling their legs wildly, and then they're done).

Maybe this is the propper way to spell it Chaindrite 1. Sounds similar... Good luck with the awful spiders, I hate them.

If the condo is heavily infested the bugs may be moving as individual owner/renters spray. When you spray they move to adjoining apt. and return when neighbors spray.. Get the extermination coordinated and hit everywhere at the same time.

I used cockroach chalk. They come in yellow boxes. Draw a line in areas where the roaches lurk. When they cross the line, they pick up some of the chalk and it kills them. I think this is a better method than spraying organophosphates.

If the condo is heavily infested the bugs may be moving as individual owner/renters spray. When you spray they move to adjoining apt. and return when neighbors spray.. Get the extermination coordinated and hit everywhere at the same time.

I also use "chaindrite crack and crevice spray".

Its fantastic stuff, my pet hate is ants and when you spray this on the floor or whatever it kills them all immediately and it lasts for many weeks before wearing off. Problem gone!!!!!

But be careful...it is so strong that if you spray where there is no ventilation then it can really get on your chest.

HL :)

I live in the sticks now and rarely see them, but when I was in Pattaya they were regular visitors. We used the Baygon (?) in a green can which had the same effect as metisdead described. We then switched to the odour free variety of the same brand (silver can) and it had no effect whatsoever on the buggers. Soon changed back to the smelly one

I asked my Thai partner, and he said try (Shell dight) but we are not sure how to spell it, so my spelling maybe wrong. He said it is a spray and its very very good.

I found another older thread which suggest that Boric Acid is good.

Anybody know where I could buy this in Thailand, please?

Hi there,

I would suggest using a non-toxic remedy: get some pandan leaves (Pandanus amaryllifolius) Dteuy Hom or Bai Dteuy, readily available at the talat. Hang few pandan leaves in the kitchen cabinet or cupboard. The sweet unique aroma of the leaves seems to rid off cockroaches. Tried it myself and it works. You can even put in under your car seats as a natural air freshener.

OR another alternative is to use citronella based fresheners or spray kit (dta krai - lemon grass)

Just my 2 cents.

PS>>> For heavy infestation I would suggest you attack them with them sprays and then follow the above as follow up maintenance.

Edited by xv1100

I've used CHALK SU-SU just like toybits suggested. It does work. No dangerous spraying and no odor. Works great on ants also. Bought it at a wholesale place in Bangkok. Wish I could remember the cost, however it wasn't much. First night used it in bathroom. Next morning roaches were belly up. I encircle the drain and replace it should showering wash it away. Good luck :) .

I've used CHALK SU-SU just like toybits suggested. It does work. No dangerous spraying and no odor. Works great on ants also. Bought it at a wholesale place in Bangkok. Wish I could remember the cost, however it wasn't much. First night used it in bathroom. Next morning roaches were belly up. I encircle the drain and replace it should showering wash it away. Good luck :) .

The little chalks in the yellow box do work on all the critters. White, red and yellow small box. Picture of critters along the front and the active ingredient is cypermethrin 1.1%. I buy it for about 10 baht a box at the local shop. I have seen it just about everywhere. The Thais call it 'Ant Chalk' in English.

Hi there,

I would suggest using a non-toxic remedy: get some pandan leaves (Pandanus amaryllifolius) Dteuy Hom or Bai Dteuy, readily available at the talat. Hang few pandan leaves in the kitchen cabinet or cupboard. The sweet unique aroma of the leaves seems to rid off cockroaches. Tried it myself and it works. You can even put in under your car seats as a natural air freshener.

OR another alternative is to use citronella based fresheners or spray kit (dta krai - lemon grass)

Just my 2 cents.

PS>>> For heavy infestation I would suggest you attack them with them sprays and then follow the above as follow up maintenance.

Do Pandan leaves work? I always though that Bay leaves are a natural deterrent?

Hi there,

Just my 2 cents.

Do Pandan leaves work? I always though that Bay leaves are a natural deterrent?

Khun Sarpedon,

Give it a try but you have to replace the pandan leaves on a regular basis as their aroma fades away.

In Singapore and Malaysia, taxi drivers use pandan leaves as a cockroach repellent in their vehicles

to repel the small german cockroaches

Note:Li J. and Ho S.H. "Pandan leaves As Natural Cockroach Repellent". Proceedings of the 9th National Undergraduate Research Opportunites Programme (2003-09-13).

Korb Koon krub

Edited by xv1100