What's Going On?

whatchamacallit

The fat man is being tight lipped, as yet no plans have been confirmed, but it can be either one of two things;

- another 2 buildings, as you suggested, VT5A and VT5B.

or

- A resort, similar to the Avalon, or 'Dor Shada' (part of the VT Family owns this resort in NaJomtien).

took a look last night. the big hole they have dug looks too narrow (and short) to be a normal size VT - it is also very close to the boundary fence on the jomtien side of the plot. However, the whole plot is definitely getting a lot of attention - walls being refurbished, site levelling and some of the bigger trees being taken away. something is definitely up.

normally between a 5 and a 7 there is a 6.... :)

I think they already have a 6

VT6 is on beach road central Pattaya.

I also heard rumbligs about an Amusment park/Fun fair type of thing between 5 and 7,

i guess time will tell. :D

normally between a 5 and a 7 there is a 6.... :)

I think they already have a 6

VT6 is on beach road central Pattaya.

I also heard rumbligs about an Amusment park/Fun fair type of thing between 5 and 7,

i guess time will tell. :D

I wonder if the City would allow an Amusement Park, since this area has now been declared a residential area - even the Bars at Jomtien Complex now have to close by midnite.

the whereabouts of 5A & B has been discussed elsewhere on this site, but I understand if you take a look at the board outside of VT3, it does, or at least did, refer to those 2 blocks being 5A & B. As to the amusement park. I think it was a moveable funfair that had apparently leased the site for 1 year. The site did get cleared, and within a few days at least part of the fair turned up but never got unloaded from the trucks parked at the Threppaya Rd end of the site.

Just had a another look at the current work. The plot that they have dug out looks alot more like a wing of an Avalon type building (or the row of lowrise currently being built within VT7) than a VT and it is a long way forward -I would say 50 meters from the sea. Perhaps vt7 owners will soon be starting their own court action to protect their view!

Eventually VT will build something on that plot of land whether it will be high rise or low rise is the question?

My guess it will be low rise as another high rise will be difficult to sell with restricted views either facing VT7 & Complex or VT5 C&D.

Then again this is Thailand so logic can be disregarded.

I've been told by a reliable source (a local estate agent) that they will build a resort there. It will apparently start at 4 stories at the front (beach) end, then rise to 6 floors, and finally up to 8 at the rear end. It sounds like it will be an up-market place, but quite a bit larger than Avalon. The agent has seen the plans as he has to explain to potential purchasers in VT 5 and VT7 what is going to be put in between them. No idea if View Talay are doing the development themselves, or if they have sold the land.