What exactly is a falang "bum"

taxexile

Guest IT Manager

Somebody should give you three a good spanking.

BTW taxexiles view of Bums, actually works well, without being judgemental if you think about it.

I took our 15 yr old to school cadets this morning, and as we were riding past Bierstube Bar in Moon Muang, we see the same 4 falangs, (and I do call them that I must confess), as are there every morning. (Not sure about Saturdays), but certainly the others. Start the day at 6.30 in a bar, beer or no beer it must be a ratshit existence. Finish in another bar at midnight or later. Can't be any sort of way to live IMHO.

They are the ones though, I believe, who sit together over beer or whatever all day, with time on their hands and money to burn, and no direction. Pull a Tapae girl once a week I suppose, and complain bitterly that they never get a discount for using the same girl (or boy maybe) twice.

They complain among themselves about how so and so is marrying a hooker, and then go out and do the same thing themselves eventually. Maybe not with same level of permanance but surely a four hour stint with a bint is as good as marriage to them, and better than marriage for her.

She doesn't have to put up with him not getting home and then her having to go to the bar ask him for food money.

Is it sad for them? In my view yes. Do I care about them? No, not in the slightest. Do I agree that there are some farangs the Kingdom would be better off without? Probably. Do I feel qualified to be the judge? Definitely not. Do I know anyone, who could be such a judge? No.

IMHO the issue of who the kingdom is better off without, is moot in this forum. No one will ask us. So why carry on.

I adore Sundays.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the falang who is constantly drunk,mouthing off about his wife and her brother,or his girlfriend,or his last lousy shag,the aggressive drunk,the loud and the ill-mannered,the ones who always seem to be looking for a fight,for trouble.the yobs.the people who think that the world owes them a living,always slagging off the thais and thailand,the characters who make no effort to integrate or understand the culture here,the westerners who behave with the aggressiveness that is the normal for back home,but out of order here.they may be rich or they may be poor,they may dress smart or they may dress scruffily.they may be on 50k a month or 5k a month. the demanding and ill-mannered tourist expecting perfect english and perfect cheeseburgers wherever they go.
well well, I do think that we (most of us don't like this kind of people either ...

jsut avoid to see or meet them and leave them alone, the world is not going to stop for this   :D

they are bums.

they are bums in their home countries.

they are bums here.

they were bums yesterday

and they will be bums tomorrow.

and in all probability their offspring will be bums too.

bums,lowlifes,scum,yobs,scroungers,no marks, call them what you will.

and so what ?

i dont like them,i cant tolerate them,i wish they would disappear.NOW.
hum hum  ???

isn't it a little too straight, this here, what we read?

I like this joke

Bad day at the office, Tax ?

temper yourself ...

disappear now? how? camps? sudden eradication?

a bad disease that affect only "bums"?

aren't you a little extremist, or crasy?  B)

see, in fact I don't like the way you write things about this thread, but still we can exchange, we don't even know each-other!

and after all who can say that you are not a bum?  B)

might be that you don't like them because they are too much like you? (joking...)  :o

right, ######  B)

I leave in Chiang Mai too, and I see who you talk about ...

sad isn't it? and they are not alone, but, we have to say that

they are not "so disturbing" as noticed in BKK by taxexile.

they are drunkers, staying here for the easy and cheap.

we don't like them this much, but we don't pay attention to them either, and I guess as Thais do.

like IT said, this thread is far too long, and we begin to talk about posts and not inside the subject anymore  :D

so, for me, might be the last post here  ::o:

useless to talk for days about what we know and turning around and around again! don't you think so?

sure not away from the forum(away from taxexile..yes!and from this useless thread,yes!(  B)

even if we have to be back to europe with my little family, I'll be still here to talk with you guys and girls :D

I like to be here exchanging ideas and writing about so many subjects, it keeps the mind open .. for most of us .. ::o:

good place, free-speech, I stay! yes!  :cool:

francois

i dont like them,i cant tolerate them,i wish they would disappear.NOW.

its just my own personal rant.

i dont wish these people any personal harm (well,maybe a little bit if i'm really honest),but there seems to be more and more of them every year,and i wish there wasn't.

there is nothing i can do about them except come on this forum and have my rant.

I took our 15 yr old to school cadets this morning, and as we were riding past Bierstube Bar in Moon Muang, we see the same 4 falangs, (and I do call them that I must confess), as are there every morning. (Not sure about Saturdays), but certainly the others. Start the day at 6.30 in a bar

They sound revolting. I hate this side of life here, and I hate it even more when I get drunk and do similar stupid things.

I think I shall stop going out, and retreat into my cyber existence one more notch. Soon I won't have a real life at all.

What does your son think of those guys? (By the way, is your son Thai?)

hum .. last post on this thread ...

could we talk about somethings we like, instead of complaining

about the people we don't like ...

coz, if we do, whaooo I have a list of S**%$ I don't like  :o

like anyone else I guess  :cool:   no?  (hum, yes or no?)

haha  :D

Guest IT Manager
What does your son think of those guys? (By the way, is your son Thai?)

My son was the one who pointed it out that they are there 5 days when he goes to schools, and now we know Sunday as well. Can't imagine them not being there Saturday, but I don't care anyway. My son is Thai, and he just asked why are they there at that time of the morning. It made no sense to him either.

Guest IT Manager
Somebody should give you three a good spanking.

Hmm......

Try here

That's done it... now the son wants a return ticket to Bangkok for 90 minutes and an advance on his pocket money for 6 weeks.

• 2 years later...