Thai Accountants Salary

Damaz6052

Starting salary for a junior accountant is approx. 15,00 baht. If lodging & 1 meal/ work day it drops to 10,00 baht.

If the person is not fired after 1 year to avoid having to give vacation and a salary increase, then there can be a raise to 12,000 baht approx.

5 years experience can bring 15-25,000 depending upon business and complexity. Senior accounting managers if responsible for filings and oversight can earn in the 40-60,000 baht range again depending upon responsibilities. Foreign firms under foreign management (subject to pay equity and non discrimination policies) pay considerably better salaries and offer much better benefits than Thai owned & managed enterprises. The salary and benefit differences can be significant. Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, Le Meridien, Novotel etc. don't screw around.

How do I know? I have a couple friends that have worked for both foreign and Thai owned resorts and I have heard the horror stories for the past 3 years. Believe it or not, they prefer the big foreign resort chains.

5 years experience can bring 15-25,000 depending upon business and complexity. Senior accounting managers if responsible for filings and oversight can earn in the 40-60,000 baht range again depending upon responsibilities.

the highlighted part sounds about right. most of the others not too far off the mark either, except I would say someone with 5 years experience would be looking at 25 to 30k, rather than the starting of 15k. (it also depends whether in Bangkok or outside of Bangkok by the way)

on the other hand I have also known someone without about 5 years experience demanding 80 or 90K salary for a financial controller position (and she got it). This was however to manage the finances of 4 small companies, supervising head accountants for each of the company (those head accountants earned between 30 to 40K)

Thanks good informtion sounds like the foreign firms are the best to work for. They will be looking for work in Phuket around the Surin/Kamala area does anyone what the demand for these positions are like, is it seasonal for eg?

Edited by Damaz6052