Ji-net Jomtien

monty

I have the Ji-net compax 256/128 which served me well for a couple of months now.

Since last week however there seem to be some problems.

Half of the times my modem can't connect due to an authentication error. Purely a Ji-net problem.

When it finally connects I get international download speeds hardly faster then a modem. Somewhere in the 40 to 70 kbps range. Downloading from Ji-net's servers however gets me around 230kbps.

Seems like they suddenly oversubscribed the system, but I can't understand how they managed to do that in just a few days. Last week my downloads were consistently over 200kbps...

Anybody same problem???

I have the Ji-net compax 256/128 which served me well for a couple of months now.

Since last week however there seem to be some problems.

Half of the times my modem can't connect due to an authentication error. Purely a Ji-net problem.

When it finally connects I get international download speeds hardly faster then a modem. Somewhere in the 40 to 70 kbps range. Downloading from Ji-net's servers however gets me around 230kbps.

Seems like they suddenly oversubscribed the system, but I can't understand how they managed to do that in just a few days. Last week my downloads were consistently over 200kbps...

Anybody same problem???

international download speeds hardly faster then a modem.

I subsribed to Ji-Net Compax here in Pattaya back in November. I am not experiencing the authentication issues that you are Monty. My issue is speed. As you mentioned, international speeds are (at times) at dial-up "modem" speeds.

So last month I concluded that upgrading to Ji-Net's 512/256 service would improve my speeds. WRONG! My international speeds have not improved at all. Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I don't believe Ji-Net has any influence or control regarding the international bandwidth bottleneck.

As you mentioned, international speeds are (at times) at dial-up "modem" speeds.

from Ji-net's web site

DSL-Compax 256 limited data transfer for 5 GB per month, The surplus user may cause to reduce speed to 25 Kbps(True and ADC Only)

DSL-Compax 512 limited data transfer for 10 GB per month, The surplus user may cause to reduce speed to 50 Kbps(True and ADC Only)

:o

from Ji-net's web site

DSL-Compax 256 limited data transfer for 5 GB per month, The surplus user may cause to reduce speed to 25 Kbps(True and ADC Only) 

DSL-Compax 512 limited data transfer for 10 GB per month, The surplus user may cause to reduce speed to 50 Kbps(True and ADC Only) 

I don't think this is an issue as I am not a True or ADC customer. I do not see any restrictions whenever I am uploading or downloading with local servers.