Compact Tabletop Dishwashers

Jingthing

This seems like a potentially popular item with condo living expats with small kitchens.

Yet, the prices, about 3 times the US price. This is way out of whack when comparing to prices of more popular appliances, fridges, standard sized dishwashers, washing machines, etc. While I understand these are not a popular item in Thailand, I can't help thinking they would be a lot MORE popular if the price was relatively comparable to other appliances. Oh well!

This Haier model 200 dollars in the US.

A similar Seimens model in Thailand, $630.

Go figure.

The price of this tiny thing about the SAME PRICE as some good brands of FULL SIZE dishwashers.

post-37101-1248010897_thumb.jpg

These products are new to me. They wash about 4 standard table settings and do not wash anything large including pots and pans. They stand on your counter near your sink and you just stick a hose on the kitchen faucet as needed. Also they are green machines using about 1/10 of the amount of hot water as hand washing! Certainly worth 200 dollars, certainly not worth 630.

BTW, posting in the Pattaya forum as perhaps someone knows a place that carries this type of item for a good price. I found the high priced on at HOME PRO.

Edited by Jingthing

Even greener would be using what the Thais and most of the world use.

Hands. I can't believe you want to make this paradise "just like home"

by wasting gallons of water and tons of salt/ detergent into the local eco-system

Surely you are here for the beauty and difference from your home country?

A bit of advice: wash the crockery prior to using the same water for pots & pans.

Even greener would be using what the Thais and most of the world use.

Hands. I can't believe you want to make this paradise "just like home"

by wasting gallons of water and tons of salt/ detergent into the local eco-system

I think you missed the point that dishwashers use a very small fraction of water that would be used with hand washing. Jingthing said 10%, which may be a bit low, but definitely I've read they use less than 25% over hand washing. Less water would mean less degergent, as well.

If your point was merely to promote a view that we aliens should live like upcountry locals did thirty years ago and not use a new-fangled dishwasher (or not use toilet paper, nor running-water showers), then you succeeded in that goal. :)

Yes these micro washers are much more efficient than even regular dishwashers. The other poster indeed didn't get the point. These are good for the environment and also good for lazy people, all at the same time.

Surely you are here for the beauty and difference from your home country?

The post is about dishwashers for Satan's sake, not the reasons I am in Thailand! Geez!

BTW: THERE IS NOTHING ROMANTIC OR EXOTIC ABOUT DOING THE DISHES!

Being in Thailand makes no difference. Dishes get dirty. They need to be cleaned. Who moved here for the pleasure of washing their dishes by hand? Don't all speak at once ...

Yes I realize many of you have walking dictionaries who also do the dishes, by hand, that's another story entirely.

Edited by Jingthing

Well, as noted, I am too cheap to pay 630 dollars for a microscopic dishwasher when for similar money I could get a good full sized machine. I also don't have room in my kitchen to install even a slimline standard dishwasher. So how about this idea. What would the local Pattaya wages be to pay a Thai cleaner to do my load of dirty dishes when ready, about 30 minutes work max?

Did I mention that I HATE doing dishes?

Edited by Jingthing

jingthing.

i see your point about the cost of dishwashers here but in a country thats 80 to 90 degrees most of the year.

why ... why on earth do they sell dish dryers in IT City ?

also ... why is a small fan heater 6500 baht ( about 90 quid english ) in november / december ?

who buys them ?

ill never figure those two out : )

dave2

Relevant or not to the discussion, I'll say it anyway. Just under a year ago, front loading clothes washing machines were about 30,000 baht upwards. You can now get some for just under 20,000 baht. It seems that with popularity, and/or that their numbers are now greater than the top loading models on display in the likes of Home Pro, the prices have come down.

Maybe you could take it upon yourself to publicly promote the advantages of a dishwasher, with the hope of reducing prices (in time).

Okay, okay, I'll get my shoes (Thai version of, I'll get my jacket, I suppose).

:D Hay i got one of them as well + a junior version nearly fully garranteed not to drop break or smear all crockery mine are free :)
my dishwasher costs 5,000 Baht a month and also cleans the floor, changes the bedsheets etc... :D

Relevant or not to the discussion, I'll say it anyway. Just under a year ago, front loading clothes washing machines were about 30,000 baht upwards. You can now get some for just under 20,000 baht. It seems that with popularity, and/or that their numbers are now greater than the top loading models on display in the likes of Home Pro, the prices have come down.

Maybe you could take it upon yourself to publicly promote the advantages of a dishwasher, with the hope of reducing prices (in time).

Okay, okay, I'll get my shoes (Thai version of, I'll get my jacket, I suppose).

Yes I do think the ridiculous price on the small dishwasher is because it is considered an odd product here and not popular. It is only good for one or two people in a small unit and that is not the ideal of Thai family life. You pretty much have to use it everyday if you cook or even twice a day. I get that. However, regular dishwasher machines are competitively priced here and comparable to western prices. So in another way I don't get it. Price these minis like they are priced in Europe and promote in urban areas, and I am sure they would move. But at the current price, I am sure they sell VERY FEW of them.

For those using human dishwashers, machines don't talk back or have drunken brothers with sick buffalos.

Edited by Jingthing

• 9 years later...

I bought the Electrolux ESF6010BW on Lazada.  It holds place settings for 8.  Stainless steel interior, makes it own hot water, auto soap and rinse dispenser, as well as a built in water softener.  Great unit--very quiet.  Bought it on Lazada for 12, 400 baht!

10 minutes ago, ice4351 said:

I bought the Electrolux ESF6010BW on Lazada.  It holds place settings for 8.  Stainless steel interior, makes it own hot water, auto soap and rinse dispenser, as well as a built in water softener.  Great unit--very quiet.  Bought it on Lazada for 12, 400 baht!

You do realise you are responding to a 10 year old thread don't you?

@Jingthing did you ever get a machine, or a wife?